• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite Spinoff?

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2016
    Pokemon Dash by far...
    A terrible launch title for the DS Pokemon Games...
    It's just so terrible, it even makes Trozei look good..
    That's how bad it was!

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2012
    The first Pokémon ranger for me, but the fact that it was so basic kind of made me like it a little. It was such a small region and nothing to do once you completed it. The mystery dungeon games were my favourite, even more so than modern Pokémon games, but [FONT=a2f1d45ce8d57d15349f5ae0#6c1600]Colosseum is the best.[/FONT]

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Out of the ones I've played, it has to be Pokemon Dash. That game was... pretty bad. Most of the spin-offs I can replay. But that game... it just lacked any depth, and wasn't very rewarding either. It just seemed like such a gimmick game just to get Pokemon onto the DS.
    This. Anyone who says anything else has obviously not played Dash. XD Pretty much every other game is an amazing experience compared to this one.

But if I have to say something else, because honestly, I'd like to just pretend Dash was never a thing, I guess I'd have to go with either Channel (because I don't want to play a game just to watch TV??) or Ranger.

Honestly, I really do like the Ranger series and what they do with it. The gameplay is fun and I looove compiling a team of my favourites and having them run around me in a pack. I just hate how the game holds your hand all the way through. They treat you like an idiot. You leave the starting town and go to the next town and in the new place, someone asks you to go back to the starting town to do a quest. That's fine and dandy except every time they ask you to go somewhere, they include an arrow. "You should go west (←) to [town]!" YES I KNOW WHAT DIRECTION WEST IS IN. Even if I didn't, there are only two ways out of this town and I will get there eventually. Ugh. Don't treat me like an idiot. >:( The other Pokemon games don't talk down to you so much and I've never understood why the Ranger series does.

I'm a little sad at all the hate for Trozei. It was short, but I actually liked what I played of it. I mean, yeah, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I'd had to pay for it, but it wasn't horrible. It was just a Pokemon-branded puzzle game. :/ I consider it on the same level as the Puzzle League games or even Pinball.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    R/S box... oh God. Definitely most useless, traded it in for a headset I then broke. Damn I'm awesome. Also for those who said Channel, while it's boring it has a mysterious feel lool. idk if we're rating on boringness that'd be second after R/S box one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Pokemon Dash. Anyone who doesn't say Pokemon Dash has never had the misfortune of playing it. It was a cheap cash in on the name "Pokemon", and it worked. It was one of the first games I got for my DS. I think I played it about twice.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was also a disappointment. I love Rogue-likes, but that is not a good one.

Pokemon Trozei was also incredibly boring.

Funny, I didn't like any of these games but I still ended up purchasing them. Curse you Nintendo and your name brand teasing.

Years
  • Probably Pokemon Dash. I found it pretty annoying to play, and it never got that interesting.

The first two Mystery Dungeon games and Battle Revolution also disappointed me. I didn't like Mystery's controls and music, and I found Battle Revolution to be lacking in the graphical department. Seriously, why were Pokemon models from Pokemon Stadium still in use?

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
  • After watching some youtube videos of conquest, I really want it.

I'd have to say the Ranger series. I just hate how far off the gameplay is. No real battles or anything.

On the other side of the spectrum, I absolutely love the PMD series, the storylines are the most beautiful things to ever come out of pokemon, IMO. Maybe it's because I'm a writer, and I'm totally biased for a good story, but the gameplay is solid. I really love stuff like nethack and other dungeon crawlers though, so again...biased. XD

I also enjoy puzzle league. I'm like...a bawss at that game. ^^

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • Pokemon Dash. Worst thing ever, especially since I dislike Pikachu. Can't believe I bought it, I got so bored after racing like, 3 times.
    I also dislike Pokemon Ranger. Just because you can't do anything once you're finished w/ the game, and overall the entire cencept is a little stupid. I mean, how the hell do you catch pokemon with those... things? Got the first one and sold it asap

I really liked Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I have all of them... even if I'll admit, the games are childish and a little boring after the plot is done. I still play them now, though. I really want one for Gen V

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2013
    Dash, Ranch, Ranger, Trozei, Gen I & Gen 2's mainstream games. Ranger was okay, and Gen I & II weren't puking stage, but everything else was just poop.

Back