• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favourite Gen VII Pokemon?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I'm so sorry, but I'd actually like Cosmog/Cosmoem if they learned some attacking moves, but nope. Just a legendary Magikarp.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Remember that Bewear was officially revealed before Stufful was.
    Not everybody is following internet Pokemon news. Some people just caught a Stufful and evolved it.

On-topic: hard to say. Dhelmise bothers me because it's Grass/Ghost and has a retyped Spirit Shackle. I don't know why they'd want to dilute the uniqueness of Decidueye like that. Komala is disappointing due to lack of an evolution. Other than that, hard to say. Not really a fan of the Electric Oricorio, though the others look better, especially the Ghost one.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Crabominable isn't the worst designed imo, but at the same time I probably wouldn't use one on my team. I wasn't really a fan of Crabrawler to start with tbh. It's a shame that it's the only new Ice-type Pokémon considering how Ice-types are already low in numbers. I guess the climate of Alola wouldn't really support an abundance of Ice-types but eh, would've been nice to have a handful of them.

Years
  • Not everybody is following internet Pokemon news. Some people just caught a Stufful and evolved it.

On-topic: hard to say. Dhelmise bothers me because it's Grass/Ghost and has a retyped Spirit Shackle. I don't know why they'd want to dilute the uniqueness of Decidueye like that. Komala is disappointing due to lack of an evolution. Other than that, hard to say. Not really a fan of the Electric Oricorio, though the others look better, especially the Ghost one.

I get what you mean, since some people wanted to go in completely blind.

Dhelmise's main redeeming factor is its ability that gives what its essentially a STAB-like boost to Steel attacks, making its signature Anchor Shot a notable part of its moveset. I remember wanting Komala to get an evolution when I first saw it, and when I found out it was a non-evolver I mostly believed its broken ability which grants it immunity to nearly every single status condition might be the reason why.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I would say most of the ultra beasts are on the list, over designed to the point where they look more like robots out of transformers then Pokemon. Also the Jangmo-o line isn't a favorite either. Also don't really see the appeal of Type: Null.

But my least favorite gen 7 Pokemon is hands down, without a doubt Bewear.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • It might not be my favorite generation in term of Pokemon, but I realized ther eisn't one I really hate.

If I have to choose one, I guess it will be Incineroar, but it is still fine-ish. Not what I wanted as the fire starter but I do tolerate it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For me, it's Crabominable. I understand where they're going at with the literal yeti crab Pokemon, but it looks ridiculous compared to the badass-looking Crabrawler. That, and Fighting/Ice is a bad defensive typing with Crabominable's frailty and lack of Speed. Coming in close stat-wise is Midnight Lycanroc. Outside of the increased "bulk" (in quotes because 85/75/75 defenses is still frail) and No Guard Stone Edges, Midnight Lycanroc has nothing over the Midday version.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Dhelmise's main redeeming factor is its ability that gives what its essentially a STAB-like boost to Steel attacks, making its signature Anchor Shot a notable part of its moveset. I remember wanting Komala to get an evolution when I first saw it, and when I found out it was a non-evolver I mostly believed its broken ability which grants it immunity to nearly every single status condition might be the reason why.
    Making Anchor Shot STAB doesn't really make it more different to Decidueye. Spirit Shackle is also STAB for Decidueye.

Steel Worker is a neat ability, I like the concept behind Dhelmise but if feels really silly. Of course we have Trevenant, but another Grass/Ghost with a retyped Sprit Shackle in this gen doesn't quite sit right with me.

Years
  • It not hate or anything like it, but Oricorio even if it design is pretty...kinda make me want to punch it because of how much of a wasted potential it is... have non existent potential in solo and below average potential in double. Like I say I don't hate it, just dissapointed.

Bruxish kinda intrigued me with it typing (water/psychic) and his a physical attacker, maybe gonna try one to see If I like it or not, but not surprise to see him in the least favorite pokemon of sun/moon!

Years
  • I'm not a huge fan of the Ultra Beast looks in general, so those would be my picks for least favorite.

Though honestly, I can't really look at any pokemon this gen and go "I absolutely dislike this design". Even things like alolan Grimer and Muk, which I didn't like upon initial reveal, grew on me a bit, hah.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • I like most of the designs this gen, but the stats and typing of some...
    The ones I really don't like design wise is a-Raticate(really like ratata though), Bewear, Bruxish, Drampa and the most of all a-Persion(Just why GF!!!)

Back