• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favourite Starter Evolution Line

What is your least favourite starter evolution line?

• Total voters

Joshawott

Banned
Years
  • All starters are known for having solid evolution lines to get beginners and veterans alike through the main game, I think we can all agree on that. But if you had to say, which one is your least favourite and why?

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Tepig-Pygmite-Emboar. The evolution line that shouldn't have existed... The fire/fighting type that we didn't need...
    Moreover their design are horrible. Emboar is scaring and ugly. So much that it's almost funny.

HoodieDoodie

The Electric Soldier
    Years
  • Its hard for me, since I quite a few. Gen II by far had the best starters (love them all, and Quilava is one of my favourite pokemon ever) and Gen II had the worst. I'd say my least favourite evo line is Turtwig - Grotle - Torterra, because they are slow and are frankly ugly. The only one that would be worth having in a team is Torterra because of the ground moves.
    Other really sucky ones Are Chimchar +, Tepig + and Oshawatt. But Oshawatt's evos are awesome, so I'm not dissing him that much. Dewott is certainly the best starter evo there is in Gen V.

Years
  • The whole Oshawott line just let me down a lot. It wasn't that bad, but it really wasn't anything special at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2012
    Piplups evolution line i really dislike !

The reason is. nothing to do with power or type. I really really just don't like the look of them. Piplups fine but the other two WOW !

User19sq

I don't like Mudkip's evolutionary line. It just brings back lost of horrible, rotten memories. Also, it's very weak to almost every Grass-type ut there.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I did not like Chimchar's at all, it's pretty much just a remake of Torchic's. You can't say you hate Kanto's because they are 1, 4, 7 out of 600 or so. So they started it all.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • Ever since G/S/C, I never particularly liked Chikorita's evolutionary line. I guess it's because I never really had success in battling with it. It's plant/flower design didn't really appeal to me either.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Chimchar is my least favorite starter so I really dislike it's evolution line too. A fire monkey doesn't seem very fitting to be a starter Pokemon to me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't like the Chikorita line much. Sure, they're cute and all, but they don't really learn anything good via level-up (aside from good support moves).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The Maganium family. By far.

With this sole exception, every starter goes from looking cute and innocent at the lowest level to becoming an intimidating-looking beast ready to **** things up at their highest level. It's a tradition that hasn't been broken but once.

Meganium is the farthest thing from "intimidating." It looks no less innocent than the unevolved Chikorita in a way.

Add to this the statistical build of a support pokémon (when every other starter family have the stats to be a sweeper or a tank), and Meganium becomes just awkward to use strategically. :/

Granted, I'm aware that the reasons I listed as why I hate it are perhaps the same reason a Meganium lover would use to justify loving it. Different strokes for different folks, they say. It's just not my cup of tea. XD

Years
  • I hate Charmander's line the most cos of Ash's Charizard disobeying him in the anime.

I hate all the Kanto starters but especially Charmander and its evos.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I did not like Chimchar's at all, it's pretty much just a remake of Torchic's. You can't say you hate Kanto's because they are 1, 4, 7 out of 600 or so. So they started it all.
    Apparently not considering the poster prior to me. I never understood how people are "supposed" to not dislike mons that started it all. No I don't dislike any of the Gen I starters but they have just as much mah pokemon across the broad as any other gen imo.

For me it is Chikorita line, not one of the pokemon in the line appealed to me appearance wise or battle wise. Not to mention I really didn't care for Gen II starters as a whole. A close second would be Snivy line, but I actually somewhat like Snivy and Servine, Serperior though just ruins the whole line for me though.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Tepig looks cool but when it evolves. No, just no. Other then that I've got no really problems with starters, 'cept not being fond of Torchick's either.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I'm not a huge fan of Chimchar ~ It's just never appealed to me. & Chimchar in the anime... just ew.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Tepig/Pignet/Emboar... Emboar should have been Fire/fight and it is seems somehow ugly...

TY

Their designs and stats are horrible for a Fire type, as the best attack for it is Flare Blitz, while Eruption/Flamethrower/Fire Blast are being thrown away at this line...

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Why's everyone hatin on Infernape line?! They are p badass you know!!

Anyways couldn't decide between Torterra/Empoleon line or Serperior, but went with the latter in the end cause really I'd have anything rather than them lol.

Back