• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least useful Hidden Machines?

blue

gucci
    Years
    Rocksmash (In HGSS) isn't very essential for me, it's hardly used and has very low power, unlike Surf & Fly which have high usage in the game and high power!

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    defog is terrible. It's barley ever used, and its not useful on in game teams as enemys dont use entrance traps.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Well, in general (as in actually using it as an HM and not in battle), I would have to say Flash, Defog, and Whirlpool. Seriously. For the most part, you only have to use each once throughout the entire game and then that Pokemon is stuck with a worthless move until you reach the move deleter. Granted, Flash has come in handy in battle for me once (Tate and Liza, I flashed their Pokemon to death)... but outside of battle, completely useless.

In battle, I think it would have to be Whirlpool, Rock Smash, and Cut. I'm pretty sure Defog would fit somewhere in there, too- but I've never tried using it in battle, so I can't say. I'm not even sure what it does in battle.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Are you kidding me? Do you want me to rant? Fine, FLASH is the most useless HM move EVEEEEEEER. I can't stand it! I refuse to let my Pokemon that useless HM so I wander aimlessly in the dark.

Seconds comes Defog. Which is basically the same thing. <.<

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Are you kidding me? Do you want me to rant? Fine, FLASH is the most useless HM move EVEEEEEEER. I can't stand it! I refuse to let my Pokemon that useless HM so I wander aimlessly in the dark.

Seconds comes Defog. Which is basically the same thing. <.<
    I agree with you, flash is sooooo pointless. I rather go in the dark and groove along whatever something appears like a trainer almost attacking me or does attack. lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    DEFOG AND FLASH ARE SO USELESS I CAN'T EVEN.

Seriously what is up with Defog and Flash. I can get through things perfectly fine without having to use those wastes of data on any of my Pokémon. Use a flashlight, for god's sake. >_>

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2011
    ^ Saryka is right on that, there's no use for those hms imo, they really suck and probably have no point ingame. :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Defog is easily the most useless HM, but I still use it because the accuracy-lowering effect of in-battle fog is annoying.

Years
    For me it's Flash. At least with the others, you can use them offensively, at least a little. I'd honestly rather go bumbling around in the dark than have to teach one of my pokémon Flash.

Back