• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leech Seed or Flamethrower?

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2020
    My strategy is Dragon Dance, Dragon Dance, Outrage. Kills Faints everyone in one hit

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    I find going all-out with direct attacks is the fastest way to beat in-game trainers. Sometimes I mix things up a bit, though (for example, Cottonee's Prankster makes status moves useful).
    Sometimes, I'll use a stat-up move, but I usually ditch it when I've leveled up enough to KO enemies in one or two hits.

In-game is already easy enough without having to apply strategy :P

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    For a long time, I was a "flamethrower" kind of guy. Man... Those were days. However, up until before my DSi broke, I started becoming a "leech seed" man. I had just gotten into competitive play, and my two tanks, Gliscor and Scizor, had become the stars of my team.

A good example would be my Scizor. Now, my first Scizor was a straight out Choice Band user... Until I found out Scizor could have Technician. Some of you may know where I'm going with this. :D Anyhow, I then trained a Adamant Scizor with the moves Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Roost, and Substitute. Use Substitue, Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Roost, Substitute... Repeat as necessary. In competitive battling, you'll often find strategy being used more han straight out offense.

So, in other words, remember kids, the best offense is a good defense!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Depends on how I feel, sometimes I like to end it quick, and sometimes I like to torture my opponent xD so I would say both lol.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    I've always been a Flamethrower-type; the vast majority of my Pokémon, from RBY on up, have not a single non-damaging move, and I don't make movesets for specific situations (no Sleep Talk on my Pokémon!)

The only real exception I can think of right now was my Darkrai on Platinum. I AR'd it to have Spore instead of Hypnosis or Dark Void because I got fed up with them seeming to always miss, and then I went around Spore-Nightmare-Dream Eater-ing everyone. (Ingame only, of course.) That was kind of ridiculously fun.

Years
    Any time I get the chance; I'll go with the Leech Seed route. An exception are entry hazards, they are trash in game. Trash. I'm not a big fan of rest-talk and such either.
    But other than that, I like to pile as many status moves on my Pokemon as I can afford without losing too much type coverage.

phonastik

Strange Quark
    Years
    I'm lazy and like to get things done quickly. Although I like to have a few 'mons that use status moves if I'm even more lazy and can't be bothered leveling up. SO in that case I go for strategy to take down a stronger opponent.

Roughneck Tom

The dawn of a new champion....
    Years
    Leech Seed = Pokemons that lack attack power but have great defenses ( example Serperior )

Flamethrower = For Pokemons that have a dangerous special attack stat and is primarily a attacker ( example Typhlosion )

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I used to go all-out offensive, but lately I've been using strategies more often.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    I prefer a lot of strategy when against opponents, I remember using a Jumpluff with no attacking moves (Encore, Leech Seed, Substitute and Sleep powder) to great effect in Gen IV. My friend thinks otherwise, he gladly uses a lot of 'Flamethrower' pokemon, even when they'd be great for a strategic route.

Years
    I'm usually the Flamethrower type. I'm so used to battling tough in-game trainers like the Elite Four and whittling down their HPs, only to have them use Full Restores. KOing the opponent quickly is better in this regard.

I'm not a people person, you see, so I rarely battle human players.

TheFred

Ace Trainer.
    Years
    I always go for a strategy routine. Each of my Pokémon is perfect for annoying the enemy. I think it is funny to see your friend going in ALL CAPS RAGE in front of you ! :)

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    Depends what and who I'm going against really. :) Flamethrower is a good go to move while Leech Seed is good for stalling and support.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    My in-game philosophy on battling is charge head first!
    While online is the obvious strategic route... Without strategy, you won't last.

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
    Years
    Whether it's against the game characters or actual people i'm awlays doing the same thing.
    It's half strategy and half head on charge. Basically, i give a status to my opponent and then i try and max out my stats after which i proceed to sweep trough his/her team. :)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    It depends actually, but I love playing in a strategic way. I got a Vileplume with the hidden ability Effect Spore and I just can't help but grin when someone thinks they got me and they turn out to get a status like poisoning or paralysis lol.

Back