• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Left 32 pixels cut off on imported tileset?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2021
    I've tried with several tilesets. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
    Left 32 pixels cut off on imported tileset?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Can you post the tileset you're inserting? If any tiles have colours that aren't in the tileset's palette they'll just become the background colour, which is yellow. So maybe that's the case with the left part of your tileset.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2021
    Can you post the tileset you're inserting? If any tiles have colours that aren't in the tileset's palette they'll just become the background colour, which is yellow. So maybe that's the case with the left part of your tileset.

Nope, unfortunately the colours used on the left are exactly the same as on the right ;-; Just checked with an eyedropper to make sure there are no weird colours.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2021
    Have you tried a different ROM? And can you post the tileset you're trying to insert anyway?
    Just tried with a clean ROM and have the same problem. I'm using AM 1.92. This is the full tileset:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2021
    Okay, this is confusing. The same error occurs in AM 1.95 but it also says that the dimensions for the tileset are wrong (and gives different required dimensions for tileset 0 and tileset 6) which made me wonder if that was causing the problem. I'd used 128x256 as specified in this tutorial. Is there something I don't know about tileset sizes? Thanks!

Years
    It's because you need to switch the palette of the image you want to insert with the original palette, then insert it, and then import the new palette if needed. I don't know why this works, I don't know why it happens but that's what fixed it for me. I made a thread not long ago

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2015
    As well irfan view messes up when exporting pallets... So definitely double check it matches EXACTLY and is in RGB value

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Okay, this is confusing. The same error occurs in AM 1.95 but it also says that the dimensions for the tileset are wrong (and gives different required dimensions for tileset 0 and tileset 6) which made me wonder if that was causing the problem. I'd used 128x256 as specified in this tutorial. Is there something I don't know about tileset sizes? Thanks!

If the above posts didn't help, could you share the tileset image and the palette? I can try it myself and see if I can help.

Also, is the palette you're using for the tileset custom or did you edit it in AM and then export it? I don't know how that might be a problem, but it might be what's causing that.

Back