• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

legal or not legal

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
  • Emulating any of the games is declared illegal on Nintendo's website IIRC, especially with the use of ROMs even if you own the actual game.

MeBoy has crap graphics anyway...

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    you cant

yourre stuck with this for ever now:P

and nintendo goes find out who ya are

heheh, just joking:P

just wait for a mod that closes it:)

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    i thought it wasn't illegal if you owned that very game

Years
  • its illegal if u download them for free without the right authority for exmaple
    if you downloaded a pokemon blue Rom from a site that you don't have to pay for or doesn't have a donations idea then it'll be illegal
    hacks are illegal i think cuz they wudnt have the rights to edit the original rom

i think :)
    dnt quote me on this :D

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    As long as you own the game and you don't sell the rom or a hack rom then it is legal to use a rom. Shouldn't this be in the Emulaton Section.

Triggz

THA DON
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2022
    i heard emulation was legal if you owned the game, thats not true?

Twar3Draconis

Super Asian
    Years
  • Emulation is legal, ROMs are not. I don't know if it also affects this, but RIAA says that you have to pay for each copy of the music you have (such as ripping to computer, or a backup disc), so I assume it would be similar. It's a legal grey area, but I think it would be okay if you dump the rom yourself instead of downloading it.

Back