• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legend of Maui Islands: The Heroes

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Yeeay :U, I love being special. I'm going to work super hard on this :>

Your Character: From the ones above, gosh, I guess I get to pick any >:D.
I pick Porygon :3

Background (This is also my RP sample, as I like big stories x3: Has anybody ever heard of the first Porygon that Silph. Co. made? There Alpha version? It's like the first draft of a piece of writing, the first script of a play. Eventually, somebody throws it away.
Project Z, the idea to make an artificial life form started in Saffron city, years before the present. Constructing live matter from binary and light, something that you could touch and feel, and could touch and feel you. That was the utmost goal of the project. Millions in funding and years of dedication by the honored Doctor Zorigath and his team constructed the project. Almost ran Silph Co. out of business and into bankruptcy, thousands almost out of a job, many others laid off and sent back out into Saffron's rough streets. This strain on a world wide company with gobs of reserves of money at it's hands, created a life. The day of his birth, it's holographic body, shimmered with light until his outlines were filled by the most advanced technology. Shimmering light gave way to solid steel.. until a Pokemon finally woke up...

I guess you could say my first thought was a boot up screen. At first I couldn't see anything, but then I saw a number. In a raw computer magnetic ink font, I saw it. Seventeen Percent, dimmed, the first thing I began to know. However, like a good friend, it changed. Eighteen-percent. Hours, Nineteen-percent. Every percent I began to learn a little more. First, it was simple phonics and vowels, arithmetic and grammar, then whole languages and advanced theories. Everything I would need to be a human and more. It wasn't until I finally opened my eyes, or what seemed like my eyes, until I knew. Knew everything, to be exact. But still, nothing at all. Looking back, how weird it would be, to know everything, except know nothing of what you' went to get through it. Dr. Zorigath for example, went to school for ten years to learn what he did, met his first wife, made his best friend, probably had his first drink. Learned how to be an adult. I knew what he knew, but not the experiences. I was an empty brain.

It took months of testing to show them my flaws. I was levitating most of my life. I thought I had feet, but they wouldn't let me use them. They debugged my circuits, ran me through proxy servers and connected me with other hardware, all in a futile effort to fix this one flaw I had, there critical error in my mistake. They made me able to communicate with other Pokemon, through a means of a complex algorithm to make sounds that they could understand. They also made me able to build on my past mistakes, so in essences, they made me whole. I could talk, and I could learn. That's what separates the scientists from the primates after all. But, that's why they didn't want me, because I was me. They didn't want an individual, they wanted a machine.
My critical error lead me to be thrown away, destroyed in a heat compactor.
Nevertheless, I escaped.

I came to a paradise know call my home. The first step, or should I say meters cubed, as I still don't walk, but levitate, towards me home is when my life finally picked up. The ocean was my first love, as one such has many of these in life. I struggled with the comprehension of it's surface, without even knowing it's depth. It looks like a simple, shape. I could calculate it's volume, but could not understand the amount of life in there. The thoughts and emotions of each and every Pokemon. It was like a star, you can see it in the night sky, but is that what it really looks like?

Miles upon miles, I levitated above the water. Maybe it was the first time I had to think since I escaped, knowing that no one was hired to come find me and bring me back.

I escaped the Silph Co. Lab by killing. I mauled innocent scientists to death with my metal appendages, until there weren't anymore. I killed my creator, because he wanted to kill me. I'm not a crazy, as I've never seen guilt in this world yet, nothing to eat away at my mind. I'm not bloodthirsty either. It was life or death, and I was programmed to live. So it was just a matter of execution. Move arm left and 6.33 degrees per millisecond, expect resistance upon impact. I didn't even had to look, my radar did the rest. That was the easiest thing I had to do, and it wasn't even a real fight. Even a kid can kill millions with a gun, and it seemed I was that kid.
I kept going for days. Even though I was living, I was still a computer in essence, I needed electricity, to move, but not to fight. Even though you couldn't break me, i had a formulas to battle. I would get stronger in battle if I won, and shutdown for a allotted amount of time. To raise my so called HP, as it was called in my system, I would need to come into contact with healing components, i.e. a Potion or Oran berry. Simple as that for a battle.

When I saw they Maui Islands on the horizon, it was like my first home. I t was a paradise for something like me. I learned how to be a Pokemon there. I met Pokemon, I always talked a little weird, but I guess I could leave my past beside me.
And how about this weird fact, although I only have records of five years of my life, my RTC shows I've been alive for 25...
How weird is that...

I guess Porto Pamblona is really where dreams come true.. I've been having nightmares though.

Nickname: Introduces itself as Z- 000, but likes to be called Critical by companions.

Appearance:
"Porygon has a pink polyhedral body with a blue stomach, blue triangular prism feet and a blue rectangular prism tail. Porygon has a pink, polyhedral head that ends in a blue beak and has hexagonal eyes. Porygon is made completely out of programming code." (Bulbapedia)
All Porygon's are the same really, all are manufactured, but Z- 000 is different on the inside. I guess I could put more about his personality here.
Z-000 is afraid on the inside, although he doesn't know how to show it. His is an observant personality, he sees what he sees, but will he talk about it? He hasn't yet, but who knows :3. This is the first time I'm using this character, so I get to build on him.
If you've read the book Octavian Nothing, he's kinda like Octavian. 8D

Moves: (Taken from Marriland) Conversion, Conversion 2, Sharpen, and Tackle

Items: One Oran Berry he found floating in the ocean as soon as he came to
Porto Pamblona, kept ever since, he's never had to use it yet. He also has an item from human civilization, a disc he found in his External Data receiver slot, AKA an Upgrade.(Cuz I won't be able to evolve If I don't >:U)

Example of RP: I could give you another one of my stories, but you want something with my character in it, so, I guess that's my background? =P
Oh yeah, Porygon doesn't have a gender.
Because I love representing the genderless parts of this world.
And now you can say, we got one girl, 3 guys...and an it.

Kyle, I'm not gonna lie. It's the most crappiest thing I've ever read, and it was pretty boring too, so I'm afraid I can't decline your application. :D

You're awesome mate, that's some nice stuff you've got there. I hope you'll like our ideas (and your ideas xd).

Thanks, means a lot! ^~^
I don't want to be in-your-face or be a power player in this RP as the only reason I picked Porygon as it's genderless and I've never played a character this rare before :D
BTW, Ray, I suggest you make an OOC thread. Lots of good reasons to. ;D
Plus comments like ours can be put there instead of here, and keep this for Roleplay. :U

Yeah, OCC starts when we start the RP, nice idea. I wasn't going to make one but okay.

Oh yeah, by the way... Ben is in too, so we'll start as soon as Ben posts his application here. :D

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
Years
Good to know the RPG's going to start soon, it's taken quite a long time to begin. And I do agree that an OCC thread should be made for this RPG, posting OCC's in the main RPG just makes it look cluttered...
Great, I'm being a Hypocrite...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Tick, tock, tick, tock...t
Please don't tell me this RPG had died too? First DistortedWorld and now this, *Sob*... Let me know if this HASN'T died, I miss posting!

This isn't dead and it won't be, calm down. We just need one more to start oki?

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
Years
*Calms self*

Sorry, I always think the worst has happened, just a habit. But it seems to have been a while since anyone has placed an SU here, just a thought. I also recommend creating an OCC thread to help clear up the main RPG.

Extra Stuff!
Um... It seems a while since anyone has posted an SU here, do you think we should start? I don't mind waiting, but someone else on this RPG might (Not looking at anyone specific their).

Last edited:
Back