• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legend of the Legends (OU RMT)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
  • Team At A Glance:
    251.png
    485.png
    94.png
    212.png
    130.png
    380.png

Introduction:
    Hey guys, this is my third RMT here, and it's been quite successful. 31 games, 21 wins and just 10 losses. I named it Legend of the Legends, because it has three legendaries :D. Without much ado, here we go!
    In Depth:
    251.png
    @ Occa Berry ** Time

Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 76HP/180Spe/252Sp.Atk
    Moveset:
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Leaf Storm
    ~ U-Turn
    Comments: I tried out LeadCelebi as an experiment, and it has worked out really well. Set the rocks on the first turn, Earth Power OHKO's LeadTran, Leaf Storm OHKO's LeadPert, and U-Turn for switching. This pokemon works well with:
    485.png
    @ Life Orb ** Magma

Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 4Atk/252Sp.Atk/252Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Hidden Power (Electric)
    ~ Explosion
    Comments: This is the standard special sweeper Heatran set. Celebi and Scizor are baits to activate Flash Fire, after which Heatran is deadly. Earth Power for foe Heatran's, and HP Electric is an OHKO on Gyarados. Explode after his job is done.

94.png
    @ Life Orb ** Boo
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 4Def/252Sp.Atk/252Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Hidden Power (Fire)
    Comments: Beware of Boo! It is scary and deadly! It can OHKO Rotom-A's, OHKO Tyranitar, Empoleon, Scizor and whatnot.

212.png
    @ Life Orb ** Sweep

Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Technician
    EV's: 252Atk/224Spe/32HP.
    Moveset:
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Quick Attack
    Comments: The standard SDScizor, and my standard love. Only Rotom resists all it's attacks, SD + LO + Technician + STAB + Bullet Punch = DEATH.

130.png
    @ Leftovers ** Dragon

Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    EV's: 4Def/ 252atk/252spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Earthquake
    Comments: Another team for me, another Gyarados in it.... I'm being tired now of keeeping a Gyarados in my teams :D! This Dancing Dragon can easily sweep teams with Dragon Dance and the rest, my Gyarados/Zapdos counter.

380.png
    @ Leftovers ** Uber

Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 4HP/252Spe/252Sp.Atk
    Moveset:
    ~ Surf
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Dragon Pulse
    ~ Recover
    Comments: Latias should be Uber. Once on Smogon, I got 6 Calm Minds, and it just loled at the opponent. A beastly sweeper, only Empoleon resists it's attacks, and Recover to live.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Seriously you need Naive > Timid on Heatran and shift those 4 HP EVs to Attack to make Explosion stronger, and Hidden Power Grass/Ice > Hidden Power Electric as it is useless and Jolly Gyara will lol at it before it attempts to KO it.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Thanks, I'll shift those EV's but, do people really use Jolly > Adamant on Gyarados?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks, I'll shift those EV's but, do people really use Jolly > Adamant on Gyarados?
    I guess people began using Jolly as Adamant became more common I guess ... though im not sure with it because long time I havent used DD Gyara =/.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    | Gyarados | Nature | Jolly | 20.9 |

I guess it is a cause for concern kinda, but meh. It cant really set up on anything apart from Scizor, you could consider Quick Attack to act as a lil insurace if it does set up or Double Hit which OHKO's Gyarados and Zapdos after a SD with LO even factoring intimidate. Doing to stops Gyarados from setting up on you.

Spoiler:

Anyways, Babiri DDTar is a massive issue for this team. You cant beat it outside of hax (stone edge miss or bp crit) basically and if it dances on Latias (unboosted surf does like 39%) you lose, so id watch out for that.

Other than that there is not much i can see, apart from Pursuit bait being prevelant (Celebi, Latias, Gar = CB Scizor bait).

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Doesn't Gengar outspeed and OHKO Scizor with Hidden Power? Also, doesn't Gengar outspeed and OHKO Tyranitar with Focus Blast? I'll change Heatran to Naive and HP to Grass. Also, I'll put Quick Attack on Scizor, but it'll replace what?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Doesnt Scizor ALWAYS OHKO Gengar with Bullet Punch ?

Gengar can only be able to kill scizor on the switch.

you can replace Bug Bite, as you REALLY need Superpower to kill steels and Magnezone on the switch.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • I already have Superpower on Scizor.
    Btw, I used to use a Jolly Gyarados
    I'm thinking of replacing someone with Jolteon's Charge Beam Sweeper set.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Doesn't Gengar outspeed and OHKO Scizor with Hidden Power?

/face palm. There is move Scizor gets that makes outspeeding it irrelevant.

Also, doesn't Gengar outspeed and OHKO Tyranitar with Focus Blast? I'll change Heatran to Naive and HP to Grass.

How does hp grass help lol and no DD Tar gets 364 speed after a dd so gengar loses.

Also, I'll put Quick Attack on Scizor, but it'll replace what?

Prolly bug bite.....yeah.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Chaostorm said change HP to Grass, it helps vs Swampert etc. And I'm thinking of replacing someone with Jolteon's Charge Beam Sweeper set, who should I replace?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I have one question that is really bugging me: I don't see a clear team strategy. All I see are six sweepers thrown together to make a team with little to no synergy together (only thing I see is that Heatran enjoys Flash Fire boosts that Scizor can lure). If you can explain to me what your strategy is, I would be able to help better.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have one question that is really bugging me: I don't see a clear team strategy. All I see are six sweepers thrown together to make a team with little to no synergy together (only thing I see is that Heatran enjoys Flash Fire boosts that Scizor can lure). If you can explain to me what your strategy is, I would be able to help better.

Although he should of explained it, i believe the strategy is to lure and beat common counters.

I.e. Heatran lures in Blissey and then Latias/Gengar has a easy time sweeping. Likewise, Gyarados wears down Rotom and Zapdos which allows SD Scizor some breathing room. Heatran also lures in Gyarados which again helps Scizor too. Gengar lures in Scizor which opens up Latias sweeps easier. Heatran lures in waters which makes Gyarados's job easier.

There is plenty of strategy here, you just have to look for it. =P

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Very weak Team to Scarftran (to eliminated Latias) Gyarados doesn't hold up for ever the hits on the switch because of Stealth Rock damage, also Tyranitar-Scarfer could give many problems (Scizor cannot withstand her hits on the switch), your Celebi lead is completely annulled by the common Crobats lead of the actual metagame.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Very weak Team to Scarftran (to eliminated Latias) Gyarados doesn't hold up for ever the hits on the switch because of Stealth Rock damage, also Tyranitar-Scarfer could give many problems (Scizor cannot withstand her hits on the switch), your Celebi lead is completely annulled by the common Crobats lead of the actual metagame.
    ScarfTar? Scizor handles it with Bullet Punch. Also, Crobat 2HKO's Celebi with Brave Bird, so I can set up the rocks.

Although he should of explained it, i believe the strategy is to lure and beat common counters.

I.e. Heatran lures in Blissey and then Latias/Gengar has a easy time sweeping. Likewise, Gyarados wears down Rotom and Zapdos which allows SD Scizor some breathing room. Heatran also lures in Gyarados which again helps Scizor too. Gengar lures in Scizor which opens up Latias sweeps easier. Heatran lures in waters which makes Gyarados's job easier.

There is plenty of strategy here, you just have to look for it. =P
    Eh, Elf explained my whole strategy :D.

Back