• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

Years
    Hey, I just got to play my copy of Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. (I have had the cartridge for over half a year and I just got an expansion pak recently.) I love it. The storyline is good, and I like being able to play as a Zora, a Goron, and a Deku. The only two bad points are it looks horrible on 1080i HDTV and you have to either find an owl statue or play the Song of Time to save. But the game is really good. Please discuss it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Actually, I like having to track down an Owl Statue or play the Song of Time in order to save. It adds an element of strategy and time management to the game.

You mentioned a cartridge so... Yeah, it doesn't surprise me if an N64 game doesn't look good on a HD set. However, I just played my SuperNES a couple of days ago. I used Wide Zoom mode on my TV and it looked great. The N64 however, not the greatest frame rate in the world, so that could be an issue. I have played the GCN OoT and MM ports on my TV. And while it may not be HD quality, or SD quality (because I don't have the SD Cable - although I will get it for the Wii), it still looks better than it did on my own CRT TV. :\

Anyway...

I love OoT deeply because it was my first Zelda game that I beat (I had played LoZ before, and I had LA, but I never beat them before that). However, in several ways I feel that MM was the better game, and had I played that before OoT that may be my favourite game. MM's story was darker, which is always a good thing. It featured the friend element greatly, which has always and still is a huge part of Zelda. The dungeons, I feel, were designed better than in OoT. They felt more like the dungeons of the 2D games. Especially ALttP, lots of multi-level vertical dungeons. Graphically, textures were improved. While most of the music was the same as OoT's, what was new is brilliant. The overworld theme (not the field, but the theme that plays while in Mountain Village, Ikana Canyon, the Suthern Swamp, and Great Bay Coast) is cryptic and plays upon the darker tone of the game. I also just love Majora's theme.

Majora, as a character is great. Because Majora is the enemy, not the Skullkid. The Skullkid is a conflicted character, with a troubled past, longing for friendship. He finds the mask, betrays his friends, and becomes a puppet. I love it.

The game also had lots of secrets that were fun to hunt out. Certain things that happen at certain times of the day and at certain places.

Much fun. It's sadly on of the most udnerrated Zelda games because it brought Tingle to the world.

It's biggest faults as far as I can see are that we have Tatl in stead of Navi. Navi really didn't bother me. I never found her annoying. Tatl, however, is just rude. The game was also too short. Four dungeons? They should've kept working on it and made it a GCN title.

Years
    Actually, I like having to track down an Owl Statue or play the Song of Time in order to save. It adds an element of strategy and time management to the game.

Yeah, but you have to exit the dungeon you are in. Though the puzzles are done, it is still annoying going through the entire dungeon again.

But anyway, a continuation of Majora's Mask would be awesome.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    meh,....I WOULD'VE liked the game,...but I don't like rushing through things,being timed.....and I loved doing martial arts with the Zora,....but that's about it...I never even got past any of the four dungeons to be exact...what happends when you do?.....and who's the boss?...

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    ah,but saddly I didn't get that far....like I said,I didn't even get past any of the four main dungeons....so...

EDIT:and is you mean that thing where you go back a day,.....no...I still didn't like it.....

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    I LOVED this game! I actually spent 4 straight days getting everything to see the good ending! My sis and I played tag team--one would play, and when the one playing got tired, the other took over. (the maps in the guide were hard for me to read...)

the days were:

wake up
    play Zelda while eating breakfast
    play Zelda
    eat lunch
    play Zelda
    eat dinner
    play Zelda
    go to bed
    dream about Zelda
    rinse and repeat

So we didn't stop for anything but food, bathroom breaks and sleep.

Years
    I actually noticed this on my GCN disk. I only used that thing for OoT XD.

Anyways, at the Swamp temple. woo.

I'm going to attempt to clear this game with 100%. All those side quests for the masks, all that will be done before I fight with Majora. So I can try out Fierce Delty =)

Super_Lawliet

An eye for an eye my friend
    Years
    I've beaten like, three out of the four temples, but I'm having alot of trouble with the 'Fish' temple as I call it. But eh, even if it takes a long while...well anyways, I think MM is one of my Favorite LOZ games, aside from OOT and WW.

MOON~DANCER

All I've got is insane.
    Years
    Yea i loved this game...still do...i have noticed on gamecube it seems(well to me anyways ) to look better on tv...i have the collecters edition..I have beaten majoras mask 3 full times.I kinda like it better than ocarina of time, but i like different things in both of the games different...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    sarah241847 said:
    Yea i loved this game...still do...i have noticed on gamecube it seems(well to me anyways ) to look better on tv...i have the collecters edition..I have beaten majoras mask 3 full times.I kinda like it better than ocarina of time, but i like different things in both of the games different...
    OoT and MM received a frame rate boost when they were ported to the GCN. A few textures were redone as well. Overall, the games look less "fuzzy".

Alpham-A-Epsilons

~*Bouysel is cool*~
    Years
    I want the pack that has the games for Gamcube

Majoras mask was so cool yet hard because of the moon. I liked the Fierce Deity mask it was so cool it was like you were big again. Also I noticed they redid link in the game he looks better then how he was in OOT

Ocarina of Time I have it right now and man is it a classic I remember the good old days when playing it I still play it though, but since I beat it already theres nothing to do

Zelda Games I beat
    Majoras Mask
    Ocarina of Time
    Wind Waker

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Hmm...not big change. They just added that ... thingy? The strap that goes over his shoulder. It reflects the official art better this way. ... And his shield and sword are no longer being held up by magic Hylian velcro. XDD

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    I have the Zelda Collector's Edition, and I played Majora's Mask for about... um... 15 minutes.

That was about 2-3 years ago, perhaps I should try it again.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I still play this game even though I'm stuck at some temple. XD

It's really fun and I like screwing with everything go back, do something else, etc. XD

It's a great LoZ game. 8D

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2006
    Personally I've always liked Majora's Mask more than Ocarina Of Time - perhaps it's the darker themes which do it.
    Majora's Mask followed by Ocarina of Time and then A Link to the Past are the best in my mind - and Wind Waker being one of the least enjoyable games for me.

Back