• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - 3DS Remake

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Ehhh....

Not so much "easier" as "less cumbersome". The main example being the Water Temple. You don't need to pause and enable/disable the Iron Boots repeatedly. Instead, the menu and subnav is always available on the bottom screen.

So, you can change items on the fly rather than pausing, momentarily suspending gameplay, and slowing everything down.

123wert50

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Ehhh....

Not so much "easier" as "less cumbersome". The main example being the Water Temple. You don't need to pause and enable/disable the Iron Boots repeatedly. Instead, the menu and subnav is always available on the bottom screen.

So, you can change items on the fly rather than pausing, momentarily suspending gameplay, and slowing everything down.

That kinda sound's easier. 0_0

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Now, it's streamlined, expelling one of the few problems Ocarina of Time had.

THIS IS GOING TO PWN.

Also, I'm gonna turn the 3D slider DOWN, DOWN, DOWN.

Because that's how I roll.

Or rather, will roll. o3o

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    From what I've heard everyones favorite dungeon "The Water Temple" is getting changed up.

Thank you Nintendo for turning the one dungeon that I had so much trouble with when I was younger into something possibly evil.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    From what I've heard everyones favorite dungeon "The Water Temple" is getting changed up.

Thank you Nintendo for turning the one dungeon that I had so much trouble with when I was younger into something possibly evil.

So I hear they are adding more ridiculously hidden keys...... ;D

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    It looks pretty awesome, and I actually like how the 3DS works. I think the illusion of depth thing is much cooler than having something pop out of the screen at you where you have to wear stupid glasses to even be able to see it.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I forgot to say that I hope the rumors are true. I hated the Water Temple. I remember having to restart one of my games from the beginning just because I messed up one part of the Water Temple and saved, which, as many of you know, is unfixable. I ended up having to make sure I got through the Water Temple in one go because of that little annoyance. I'm sure few people would mind if they redid the Temple, like they redid the Ice Dungeon for the GBA remake of Link to the Past.

SIN1488

Years
    I remember having to restart one of my games from the beginning just because I messed up one part of the Water Temple and saved, which, as many of you know, is unfixable.

I had heard about that before, but luckily I never did that myself. What exactly is irreversible in that dungeon, as I thought all of the small stuff resets when you go out then back in?

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I dont really know if its going to really be "easier" or not but it is definently going to be one of the games I want to get once I buy a 3DS. Sadly though I do not remember anything about ocarina of time other than constantly playing it when I was like... 4 or 5? I also remember shooting the sun at some ocean place when your standing on a platform and you get a sun arrow or something like that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I think the remake will make things easier for water temple and I hated the vortex's. Ocraina Of Time should have same optiion as in Twilight Princess when it comes to equipping weapons.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I had heard about that before, but luckily I never did that myself. What exactly is irreversible in that dungeon, as I thought all of the small stuff resets when you go out then back in?
    There's a way in the Water Temple to get to a door early and use a small key to open it, leaving you without any small keys and preventing you from acquiring the last small key. That leaves you unable to finish the Temple, and thus the game. If one was to save at this point, then one would have to restart their file, since even if the puzzles/water reset, the keys and unlocked doors stay as they were. The Water Temple is the only dungeon in Ocarina of Time (or any Zelda I believe) where such an occurrence is possible.

SIN1488

Years

What vortexs?

I think he means the ones in this one area near the end of the temple. You have to go through a sort of river area, and if you get pulled into some vortexes along the way, you have to start from the beginning. It is annoying. >_<

I tried to find a picture of it, but no luck. However I did find a picture of some cereal brand that someone drew, called "Falcon Crunch". :D

Anyway......

There's a way in the Water Temple to get to a door early and use a small key to open it, leaving you without any small keys and preventing you from acquiring the last small key. That leaves you unable to finish the Temple, and thus the game. If one was to save at this point, then one would have to restart their file, since even if the puzzles/water reset, the keys and unlocked doors stay as they were. The Water Temple is the only dungeon in Ocarina of Time (or any Zelda I believe) where such an occurrence is possible.

Dang, as I said earlier, I'm glad I never did that by accident, the water temple was already frustrating enough. >_<

I always would forget a certain key every time I played through, it's the one in a room under a block in the central room, and apparently it floats up when you raise the water level, so you can drop into the room and get it.

On a different but related subject, I wonder if they fixed the "unlimited" bottle trick? I never used Farore's wind, so I always turned that one into an extra bottle. :D

XunknownX

So much fog in here...
    Years
    I wouldn't think the overall difficulty of the game would be affected too much, other than the Water Temple fixes that have been lightly mentioned. I have read about it being the #1 game of all time (or at the very least, #1 Zelda game), so I don't think it'd be a smart move to really change a lot of it with such a huge fanbase it apparently has. Better inventory management definitely sounds like it would make that part less annoying. I briefly tried this game on the Gamecube that included the bonus Master disc or something, and didn't give it a fair chance I think. I am still curious, so I will most likely give it another try and hopefully see what I had missed out on.

Back