• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legendaries? Uxie.

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
Years
  • Okay, I beat him down to just having a tiny sliver of red for health. I can't catch him using the Premier,Ultra, or regular Poke Balls. Why not? If I breathe on him, he faints. That's how low his health is. And I don't have a Master Ball. I used that for Dialga.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
  • What? The pokemon won't faint if you throw pokeballs at it. O_o
    What you should do is put a status condition on it (sleep, paralysis), get it to low HP, and just go nuts with your ultra/dusk/whateverpokeballs. It'll eventually stay in. :)

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
  • I eventually got UXIE, and now I'm on to Azelf. What a freakin pain! Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm new to Pokemon and whatnot, but if the game had started out like this, I'd have smashed it. I can "faint" the Legendaries almost more easily than anything else, but this garbage getting them down to one freaking red bar, and not being able to catch them, really ticks me off. I'm a grown man, and I'm screaming at Pokes!

I got into Pokemon about 2 weeks ago when the Gamestop guys told me I should preorder D&P as I was picking up my DS. So I did and I got Fire Red to mess with in the meantime. I loved it. Collecting all of the Pokes and leveling up my Charmander was a blast. I picked this game up at 8 AM on Sunday and haven't stopped playing it. Who'd have thought...?

Anyway, all I wanted was to collect all of the Pokes so that I could then import those I got in Fire Red. I want one of everything (except the non typical ones that you have to get by being on the right street corner, at the right time, on the night of the third full moon, on the odd numbered month, of a leap year, at a Nintendo event or something like that).

That being said, this is ticking me off!

Years
  • Yeah, this trio seems to be extremely hard to catch.
    I spent a lot of time catching them and when I was close, I accidently selected the wrong move and killed it :/
    The 3rd one is still running around in the wild, I haven't had the nerve to try to catch it so far since it always flees...

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    Okay I decided to go catch them yesterday and I have them all I hope this helps you.

With Uxie try to make it as weak as possible and keep the match going for awhile I never use status conditions to catch and try Timer balls, It doesn't have to be all to long but it works on Uxie.

As Azelf I got it real week and put up a good defense so it wouldn't uproar the mess out of me, for this one I suggest using Uxie if you caught it when what I said to use Yawn and keeping it weak but remember it wont sleep while it's in uproar but aslong as Azelf is weak use Ultra balls.

And well for the last one I saved my Masterball to catch it I was suprised I was just surfing when I found it yesterday.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Took me hours to catch Azelf and Uxie! I suggest using Dusk Balls (seeing as they are both in dark caves). Now that I got two Master balls (tranfered from Emerald), I'm goin' for Mesprit then finally Cresselia (sp?)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • The two that were stationary can be caught easierly after getting the health low. You can go for two options, Sleep and the Ultra Ball it, or lapse out the battle and then Timer Ball.

With the third one, Emuritto (dunno its English name), I suggest getting a Golbat/Crobat and then after Mean Eye, weaken it down loads until it's on the smallest bar of red health you can get it to. Then switch out and put it to sleep, it'll then run away so just find it again using your map and Ultra Ball away. At least, that's what I did.

And save the Master Ball for Cresslia, it's too tiring to go chasing it again, plus it's harder to catch.

RLan69

Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Uxie's slightly easier to catch than Azelf, only because it won't die in one shot if you attack it with something strong enough. Also, Azelf's Confusion is super powerful, so watch out for that. You MUST MUST MUST put them to sleep before catching them, paralyze DOESN'T work on them. Use Dusk Balls (they have a 4x strength in caves, Ultra Balls only have a x2 multiplier) and keep chucking them like crazy till it wakes up, then rinse and repeat.

I'll prolly end up using the Master Ball on Mesprit (it better have a good nature or I'll be very sad :()

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
  • Well it took about 30 minutes of battle it seemed, but I got Azelf! Well that and about 10 Hyper Potions, countless Super Potions, a few Dusk and Ultra balls, and Uxie. I jsut got into battle, and let him pound on me for 30 minutes. Evenually he got bored and let me put him to sleep one last time. I found that putting him to sleep too early in the battle, regardless of whether his stauts bar was red or not, wasn't going to work. Either the status bar is arbitrary and really means nothing because I caught him with more red showing than previous times when I couldn't catch him and he had less, OR the status bar is only a guide to WHEN the Pokemon may be ripe for catching and it not only has to be red, but he has to be worn down and out of moves too. You guys know more about this than I do though.

Now Mez. I jsut walked up to him and he took off. I now have to go get a PokeTech app to locate him or something.

underworldhades

Poke'mon Master
    Years
  • that's kinda funny, when I went to get palkia, I threw out a quicky n missed. then got him to orange n threw one ultra n caught him. The other legendaries were a little harder, but I used my master on mesprit. Then migrated some masterballs over for the heatran n all of those.

Missingno Baby

Moyasimon Addict
    Years
  • Emuritto just runs off like a wuss whenever I attack it, whatever.
    Yuxie was a pain to catch, and Agnome was okay.

...Sheimi was frustrating, and I haven't caught Darkrai or Creselia yet.

Back