• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Legendaries..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
    Opinion on legendaries mixed in with a team? Or a full-blown legendary team? Don't you think it's a bit.. cheap? ._.

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    My opinion(hope i am first)

I think you should avoid using all legendaries. If you use pokemon u trained and legendaries put together u have a good team

If anyone needs shiny avatars, pm me i got legendaries. I got all of them.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
    It was just, I was looking over some teams earlier somewhere in these forums (I don't remember where.. I just joined the forums ^^') and a lot of teams had at least one legendary and I thought a lot of people looked down on using legendaries.. o.o

Years
    I think that at the most you should have about 1-2 legendaries in your team because if you train "normal" pokemon; they would be EQUALLY strong...

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Legendaries are fine, as long as they aren't ubers.

Uber list:
    Latias, Latios, Lugia, Ho-oh, Mew, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre. (some people include Wobbuffet, and with good reason).

Latias and Latios are uber due to their type, and the fact they can get Soul Dew (increase Sp Att and Sp Def). Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre are uber due to their stat total being the highest around. Mew is uber due to it's unpredictable move pool, and Wobbuffet is considered uber as it can easily beat at least two or three Pokemon with no problems while absorbing damage with high HP and Leftovers.

Legendaries:
    Celebi, Jirachi, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Regirock, Regice, Registeel.

Celebi isn't uber as it has 7 weaknesses, Jirachi is not as it has a limited move pool. Legendary birds, beasts and golems are not as their stat total is equivalent to some of the Pokemon you can get multiple times (Salamence, Metagross, Dragonite, Tyranitar for a few examples). Besides that, most legendaries can fall to their weaknesses, while many ubers can withstand several super-effective attacks (especially Lugia, as it can learn Recover)

Last edited:

Scizor_Lover

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    I include Ho oh and Entei but not at the same time. Only when i need to because they are my favourite legendaries. And there aren't a lot of good fire pokemon, and fire is my specialty.

Years
    I personally don't care if they're used or not. I've used them before. It is cheap, but meh, I really do suck at battling too. XD

However, I don't use them anymore. The main reason is my stepbrother got mad at me for using them. I also think it's more fun, acutally, and more of a challenge. :3

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Heck yea! It really ticks me off when people rely solely on legendaries -.- I looked at the regional championship winnder or whatever on the official site yesterday and most winners had this kind of information:

Favourite Pokémon: Teh l33t Mju2 (with Mewtwo spelled right and without the l33t, but...)

strategy: I used my [insert an uber Pokémon here] to defeat the opponent ololol

Strongest Pokémon:

Mju2, Reijquaza & Kygore & Groundon (with the names spelled correctly, of course). No brownie points for them I say -_-

So yes, I do have something against People using legendaries, ubers or not -.- And since there are many UU/NU Pokémon that can efortlessly defeat them, I see no point in using legends either.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Personally, I strongly believe that using Legendaries (uber or otherwise) is very cheap and only limits your true skill as a trainer. Anyone can bring out Kyogre and lay to waste its competition, but what takes true skill is to send out normal Pokes against that beast and still defeat it since the Kyogre user has obvious limited strategy skills.

Now, when talking about an occasional all-Legendary battle or one that includes a Legendary or a NB battle where Legendaries are limited but allowed, it is a bit different. Mainly because you have to have good skill to battle in the NB environment to begin with. I still don't like seeing them used, but I understand it.

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    I only use rayquazza mainly because of his high special attack, the only problem with it is that its defence is very poor compared to normal pokemon. i sometimes use groudon too but again defence is very weak.

H i k a r i

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    I like to use Latias and Kyogre,. but yeah a full legendary team seems cheap.

Years
    Using ubers is like chemical/bio warfare: if one side uses them, everyone has to, which just spoils the fun. There are, stat-wise, only six ubers compared to hundreds of OU/UU Pokémon, so where do you think the variety and interest lies?

Using legends, such as the trios, is fine, but using all of them on a single team isn't very smart since they're all rather similar, so you're doing a rather poor job of covering weaknesses by doing this. Throwing on some here and there, like a Regi to wall or a Suicune to tank, is just fine. Banning the "lower" legends makes about as much sense as banning Metagross or Skarm.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
    When I first went out and bought LeafGreen (about a week ago) I planned my team out before I started the game.. the final lineup included Zapdos, but somehow it changed into Dragonite, and then another Pokemon changed, until my whole team was transformed. I still don't have a complete team and I've beaten the E4 (I've got 5/6). @_@

So if anyone has any suggestions.. :3 I'm currently using:

-Venusaur
    -Raichu
    -Lapras
    -Rhydon
    -Dragonite

I don't want to reuse types. For my sixth Pokemon I had a Persian but I took it out when the battles got tougher since the attacks weren't exactly designed for battle (two of it's attacks were theif and pay day.. go figure x3).

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    A well played Wobbuffet can spell devastation to a team. It's mainly due to the combination of it's Shadow Tag, plus the move Encore. Whatever move your first move will be, Wobbuffet can Encore it.
    If it is an attacking move, it can use Mirror Coat or Counter to do double damage back to your Pokemon (because you are forced to attack with Encore, and can't switch to avoid it). Wobbuffet has over 500 HP at L100, and with Leftovers can absorb silly amounts of damage.
    If it's a non-attacking move, Wobbuffet can switch out to something that would easily take out your Pokemon. Because of Encore, you are either forced to repeat your non-attacking move, or switch, giving your opponent a free turn to do something like attack, Focus Punch, Dragon Dance, Substitute, Calm Mind, and so on.
    If they are about to die, Destiny Bond can kill another Pokemon from full health.

Just a few of the many reasons why Wobbuffet is considered uber. It's predictable, but very cheap.

Years
    Any pokemon can be as strong as any legendary. I don't usually mix legendaries in my parties but when I see other people using them I don't think they are cheap.

H i k a r i

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Toothache said:
    A well played Wobbuffet can spell devastation to a team. It's mainly due to the combination of it's Shadow Tag, plus the move Encore. Whatever move your first move will be, Wobbuffet can Encore it.
    If it is an attacking move, it can use Mirror Coat or Counter to do double damage back to your Pokemon (because you are forced to attack with Encore, and can't switch to avoid it). Wobbuffet has over 500 HP at L100, and with Leftovers can absorb silly amounts of damage.
    If it's a non-attacking move, Wobbuffet can switch out to something that would easily take out your Pokemon. Because of Encore, you are either forced to repeat your non-attacking move, or switch, giving your opponent a free turn to do something like attack, Focus Punch, Dragon Dance, Substitute, Calm Mind, and so on.
    If they are about to die, Destiny Bond can kill another Pokemon from full health.

Just a few of the many reasons why Wobbuffet is considered uber. It's predictable, but very cheap.
    Niiiiiicccceeee. I was thinking of training a wobuffet, now I definately will!!!!!!! No, its not for link battling, Its for battle tower and Orre Colloseum. They are both stinking blasted dang hard and they dont allow a lot of legendaries so wobuffet it is XD.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
    I always thougth Wobbuffet was annoying.. xD Too bad Jesse didn't know all that or maybe Team Rocket wouldn't suck so much in the TV series. XD

It's not like link battles matter to me, I live in a tiny town around nobody. No one around here plays Pokemon besides me. x_X I don't know why I went back to playing all the games on GBA when I can easily play them on the computer without worrying where I put my GBA (I lost it AGAIN.. >_<)

NekoRobin

&gt;______&gt;
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    I can't get it. Why do people hate legendarys?
    I myself don't.
    Cause yeah, everyone who has beaten the game should got some ubers. You didn't complete the game? That means the problem is YOU not the people who actually completed the game.
    So yeah, I think using ubers is NOT NOOBISH and if you don't have the legendarys you get in-game that means you are NOOBISH..
    No really, Legendarys are cool, and strong. And what's n00bish in using strong pokemons? The thing that you got beaten by someone with strong pokemon? And also, not all who use legendarys are n00bs..Ah nvm my point is: UBERS AND LEGENDARYS ARE NOT N00BISH.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back