• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Legendary Breeding [v20.1]

Years
    • Seen today
    Legendary Breeding for v20.1
    A mod that assigns new Egg Groups to Legendary Pokemon to allow them to breed and produce Legendary eggs!
    Legendary Breeding [v20.1]
    Legendary Breeding [v20.1]

Overview
    This plugin revamps the data for all Legendary, Mythical, and Ultra Beast species so that they now have genders, and are capable of producing eggs and inheriting Egg Moves. Eight new exclusive Egg Groups are included that only Legendary species may occupy which allow them to breed with each other, but not with regular species found in other Egg Groups. This still keeps Legendaries a bit special by separating into their own groups, while allowing them to still utilize all the benefits of breeding.

A new feature called Paradox Engineering has also been included starting with Gen 9, with the inclusion of Paradox species. This works functionally similar to breeding, but it has a variety of differences. The details of which can be found in the information section below.

Plugin Features
    • Introduces eight new Egg Groups that only Legendary species occupy.
    • Updated PBS data for all existing Legendary species which include new gender ratios, egg groups, egg moves, and more.
    • PBS data is auto-compiled, so you don't have to manually edit any files to apply this new data.
    • Inclusion of a file to easily restore your PBS data back to default if you decide to remove this plugin.
    • Introduces three new items used for special breeding cases - Berserk Gene, Divine Plate, and False Plate. PBS data and sprites included.
    • Special breeding mechanics introduced for certain species.
    • The ability to customize which baby species is produced based on a parent's held item.
    • Brand new mechanic known as Paradox Engineering included exclusively for "breeding" Gen 9's Paradox species.
    • Full compatibility with my Enhanced UI plugin to allow the new Legendary Egg Groups to be displayed in the Summary/Pokedex.

-DOWNLOAD LINK-

Installation
    Spoiler:

Changelog (v1.0.3 FINAL VERSION)
    Spoiler:

Information

Legendary Egg Groups
    Spoiler:

Special Cases
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.1)

• Updated the Pokemon PBS data to now include breeding data for Gen 9 Legendaries: Ting-Lu, Chien-Pao, Wo-Chien, and Chi-Yu.
    • Removed Magearna from being a breedable species, as it really doesn't make any sense for a literal robot to produce Eggs in any way.
    • Refined the Egg Move lists for all species; condensing them, and removing instances of all moves that appear as TM's as of Gen 9.
    • Updated the PBS data for all relevant items added by this plugin to now utilize the PortionName and PortionNamePlural properties, to allow for compatibility with the Improved Item Text plugin.
    • Changed any item text displays utilized by the plugin to now display portion name text wherever appropriate.
    • Added the Paradox Engineering mechanic for all Paradox species added in Gen 9. Details of the mechanic can be viewed below.

Paradox Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.2)

• Added Walking Wake and Iron Leaves to the list of Paradox species that can be created through Paradox Engineering.
    • Added Egg Moves for all Paradox species.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.3)
    **IMPORTANT** This update requires v1.2.5 of Essentials Deluxe to be installed. That update requires that you start a new game. **IMPORTANT**

• The following statistics are now tracked by the game, and can be accessed with the following scripts:
      • $stats.legendary_eggs_hatched: Tracks the total number of times the player hatched a Legendary Pokemon from an Egg.
      • $stats.paradox_pokemon_engineered: Tracks the total number of times the player received a Paradox Pokemon from a Paradox Engineer.

Years
    • Seen today
    ATTENTION! Final Version!
    With the release of Essentials v21, the current version of this plugin (v1.0.3) will be the final version of Legendary Breeding for v20.1. Going forward I will instead be fully focused on v21, so I will no longer be updating or supporting this plugin. I intend to take a break before I even start thinking about how or when I'm going to start working on a v21 iteration of the plugin, so don't ask me about a time frame for release. I will keep this plugin available in the meantime. But this iteration of the plugin will eventually be removed once a v21 successor is released and takes its place. I will give fair warning before this happens, so don't panic.

See you all in v21!

Back