• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Legendary Dog Trick

Light Umbreon

All level 100 party.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2007
    Ok, I understand what to do, but what I don't understand is will he appear even with the repel on?

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Only if your first Pokémon has a level lower than 50 that's the leven of the dogs. Oh by the way use a Wobuffet his ability is Shadow Tag witch prevents the escaping.

nguyende

Student
    Years
    Yes, the legendary dog will still appear, even with repel on, as long as the Pokémon placed first in your party is lower than LV. 50. I'm assuming you don't know how repel works? Repel doesn't keep away all Pokémon, only Pokémon of a lower level than that of the Pokémon first in your party, so if you have a LV. 49 Pokémon first in your party then all Pokémon lower than that level should not appear. The legendary dogs, however, are LV. 50, so they will still appear.
    (Anyone, if any of this is inaccurate/incorrect, please correct me.)

I hope this answers your question,
    ~nguyende :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Yes, the legendary dog will still appear, even with repel on, as long as the Pokémon placed first in your party is lower than LV. 50. I'm assuming you don't know how repel works? Repel doesn't keep away all Pokémon, only Pokémon of a lower level than that of the Pokémon first in your party, so if you have a LV. 49 Pokémon first in your party then all Pokémon lower than that level should not appear. The legendary dogs, however, are LV. 50, so they will still appear.
    (Anyone, if any of this is inaccurate/incorrect, please correct me.)

I hope this answers your question,
    ~nguyende :)

Yeah, thats pretty much right except, you can also use a lvl 50 pokemon.

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    Yay! Now I can finally catch Raikou, and not have to deal with him showing up while I'm in the middle of training a different pokemon.

:( It always makes me jump a little bit when that different battle music starts playing.

Mizer

That a Banana in Your Pocket?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    How do unlock the Dogs? Before/After Latias?

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    As with what everyone else said, make sure you have a high level Wobbufett, but put a pokemon that's around lv.40 at the front of your party, so other pokemon won't bother you during your search.
    Once you've found the legendary runner, give your Wobbufett some good attacks that can deal good damage, or put the legendarys to sleep, or paralyze them.
    Also make sure Wobbufett has an attack that can raise it's (special) defense a lot, like amnesia. (so it can stay in play longer while you throw pokeballs) ;)

(Of course this works with all running pokemon, like Latios.)

Mizer

That a Banana in Your Pocket?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    How do I engage the Dogs?

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    After you beat the Elite Four, one of the dogs, depending on your starter is released. He appears anywhere in KANTO, now the Seviis, so be on your guard.

Squirtle= Raikou
    Charmander= Suicune
    Bulbasaur= Entei.

There is no possible way to get all three in one game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    ok I have chosen a charmander I already have my suicune and now I have a traded balbasaur entei will not appear right?

Mitch

The Reliable
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    if you don't have a wobbafet get a golbat that knows mean look them use it to the legendary dog. and if it runs away use your pokedex. once you get to that place don't use your pokedex or it will move

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    But I thought if it run away you could still have a chance to meet it again.
    Letting it run away still makes it run around Kanto, but if you let is use Roar, it's gone forever.
    After you beat the Elite Four, one of the dogs, depending on your starter is released. He appears anywhere in KANTO, now the Seviis, so be on your guard.

Squirtle= Raikou
    Charmander= Suicune
    Bulbasaur= Entei.

There is no possible way to get all three in one game.
    Actually, the legendary beasts (why do people seem to think a lion and a sabertooth tiger are dogs? O.o) are released the moment you fix Celio's network machine, they won't appear before that. I know because that's when their nature/IVs are set.

Back