• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Mascots Discussion & Speculation

Years
    I have to agree. Solgaleo and Lunala's designs make me think of Reshiram and Zekrom in terms of how robotic they look. Not as bad as Dialga and Palkia though.

Meanwhile the the XYZ trio looked the most organic looking since the Weather trio. Well Zygarde's complete forme did take away that more organic look, it looks like a mecha, which is ironic considering that it's meant to restore the ecosystem.

Solgaleo and Lunala's colouration reminds me a lot of Reshiram and Zekrom, even moreso when you notice Solgaleo and Reshiram have blue eyes while Lunala and Zekrom have red eyes.

The XYZ trio happened to share the same colour triangle as the Hoenn legendary trio - blue, red and green.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Solgaleo and Lunala's colouration reminds me a lot of Reshiram and Zekrom, even moreso when you notice Solgaleo and Reshiram have blue eyes while Lunala and Zekrom have red eyes.

The XYZ trio happened to share the same colour triangle as the Hoenn legendary trio - blue, red and green.
    Marshadow then might have Yellow eyes with a greyish color scheme.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I recall Kyurem had yellow eyes so if Marshadow has a grey colour with yellow eyes then it appears our mascot trio will be a shoutout to 5th Gen's trio like how XYZ trio was a shoutout to 3rd Gen's weather trio with the colour schemes.

It'll also be a shoutout to Gen IV's Lake and Creation trios if it does end up being a Psychic/Water type like I think it could be.

Back