• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Dec 9, 2003
    Okay, I just have a simple question. What is your favorite legendary Pokemon (not including Arcanine o_-)? My personal fave is Kyogre, even though he ain't as omnipotent as good ole Mewtwo, me loves him and his eons old self. On my Saphire it took me only 29 hours and 23 mins to get him to 100. Ah....what one will do for love.....:: sighs ::

Wynaut

Unown Master
    Years
  • D3th 1nc@rn@te said:
    Okay, I just have a simple question. What is your favorite legendary Pokemon (not including Arcanine o_-)? My personal fave is Kyogre, even though he ain't as omnipotent as good ole Mewtwo, me loves him and his eons old self. On my Saphire it took me only 29 hours and 23 mins to get him to 100. Ah....what one will do for love.....:: sighs ::

Are you sure this belongs here? I think it belongs better in another forum

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • D3th 1nc@rn@te said:

Mewtwo < Kyogre...

sadly it's true. In a race of calm minds, both pokemon can do great damage to each other. Mewtwo may have electric attacks too. However, the natural rain dance gives Kyogre the great advantage. Doubling its attack power, it proves its surf attack to be more powerful than Mewtwo's thunderbolt or psychic.

Wynaut

Unown Master
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Mewtwo < Kyogre...

sadly it's true. In a race of calm minds, both pokemon can do great damage to each other. Mewtwo may have electric attacks too. However, the natural rain dance gives Kyogre the great advantage. Doubling its attack power, it proves its surf attack to be more powerful than Mewtwo's thunderbolt or psychic.

Kyogre>Groudon

Kyogre, other than the type advantage, I still think it's stronger :P Kyogre has better SP Attack am I right?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Yes. Even if we do not give Kyogre any water attacks, Kyogre still beats Groudon badly because it has ice beam (Groudon is afraid of ice beam a lot more than surf from any pokemon). Groudon doesn't have any super effective move on Kyogre while Kyogre does, so it's not even a fair battle. Unless we ignore type advantages then it will be a fair match between these 2.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • well no legendary pokemon, or any pokemon are the "best", but it all depends on strategy, and the players' skill. I mean in a battle with Mew vs Mew, one Mew can defeat the other with more than half life sometimes because one is a better player than the other (even if the 2 Mews have the same stats).

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 28, 2003
    This doesn't really belong in specificly the Ru/Sa Section, being as you are talking about legendaries in general and not only pertaining to Ru/Sa, or atleast I am assuming, therefore I will just move the thread, and leave the redirect here.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Yes. Even if we do not give Kyogre any water attacks, Kyogre still beats Groudon badly because it has ice beam (Groudon is afraid of ice beam a lot more than surf from any pokemon). Groudon doesn't have any super effective move on Kyogre while Kyogre does, so it's not even a fair battle. Unless we ignore type advantages then it will be a fair match between these 2.

FYI:Solar Beam. Feels good to be right doesn't it?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Off of mediocre special attack not getting STAB, while Kyogre gets stab and super special attack?

It is only in the strictest sense.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    No, Kyogre learns Sheer Cold at level sixty.

Even if Drought is in effect, Groudon will still probably lose due to Kyogre having Clam Mind and Ice Beam.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Yes. Even if we do not give Kyogre any water attacks, Kyogre still beats Groudon badly because it has ice beam (Groudon is afraid of ice beam a lot more than surf from any pokemon). Groudon doesn't have any super effective move on Kyogre while Kyogre does, so it's not even a fair battle. Unless we ignore type advantages then it will be a fair match between these 2.

That's not true though. Around level sixty, Groudon Learns Solarbeam, and thanks to his continuous Sunny day effect, he can use it continuously without waisting turns to recharge. That is why Groudon is my faovirte followed closely by Mewtwo and then by Rayquaza.And even if Kyoger has calm mind and ice beam, thanks to Drought, Icebeam is weakened. And my Groudon is so fast anyway, Kyogre probably woudn't even have the opportunity to strike. I fight strong kyogres all the time with my groudon in Secret bases, and they never win. ;)

Spike Razzor

Years
  • Kyogre go! *Drizzle*
    Go Groudon! *Drought, cancels Drizzle*
    Kyogre uses Ice Beam! Groudon takes insane damage!
    Groudon uses Solar Beam! Kyogre takes close to the same amount of damage.
    Kyogre uses Calm Mind, Sp.Atk+1 Sp.Def+1.
    Groudon uses Solar Beam/Earthquake, Kyogre faints.

Thats the way im seeing it.

I don't think Sunny Day applies to ice, it should of cause Fire/Heat melts Ice.

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I kinda see it like that too, except like I said, My groudon is really fast, so he would probably attack first and give him a huge advantage.

I really like my Latios too, But it saddens me to look at it and realize that come the end of the fifth movie, he departs from the world and is forced to leave his sister behind. (Sniffles) :(

Spike Razzor

Years
  • Pogiforce-14 said:
    I kinda see it like that too, except like I said, My groudon is really fast, so he would probably attack first and give him a huge advantage.

I really like my Latios too, But it saddens me to look at it and realize that come the end of the fifth movie, he departs from the world and is forced to leave his sister behind. (Sniffles) :(
    Groudon is Ground, the only fast Ground type is Dugtrio. True Water types always have decent speed. Unless you amped up Groudons Speed then that doesn't count, anyone could do that to Kyogre and be faster.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Well, partly that, but he also has that personality that not only likes the speed boosters, making them work better than normal, but he's also the kind that gets outrageous speed points when he levels up.

Spike Razzor

Years
  • Pogiforce-14 said:
    Well, partly that, but he also has that personality that not only likes the speed boosters, making them work better than normal, but he's also the kind that gets outrageous speed points when he levels up.
    Like most people know, without that porsonality its still is slow =3. If my Kyogre has the same ability then it still is faster XD!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back