• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Legends: Arceus General Discussion Thread

Major Agnostic

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate Developer
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    GameFreak has always seemed keen on innovating as little as possible in the graphical department, so I won't ever expect being impressed in that respect by a Pokemon game lol. With that said, I think Legends looks adequate for a Switch game. As long as it's worth exploring then idc if it looks meh.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Random hope...How likely do you think it is that this will be the game that finally brings back Notched Ear Pichu? Its first appearance was in a similar time period, and also associated with Arceus...

Years
  • Random hope...How likely do you think it is that this will be the game that finally brings back Notched Ear Pichu? Its first appearance was in a similar time period, and also associated with Arceus...

omgg I would love this. It's absolutely adorable and I really wish I could have transferred mine up from HGSS. Not sure how likely it is, but I'd love for her to have a role in the games in some way, even if it's minor!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I read the first reviews after avoiding leaks for two weeks and I'm legitimately surprised by the praise it's getting because of its gameplay, and I'm actually hopeful that it'll be a good game- nay, the game we had been waiting for for years in which GF actually starts to fix things and break out of the mold. I'm so nervous now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I am so shocked I have not seen any hate for this game at all which is good

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • I am so shocked I have not seen any hate for this game at all which is good

Actually theres been a lot of hate to this game. The week it leaked, there was a lot of tweets hating the graphics etc. Even now actually. You can find them everywhere in twitter and reddit

Years
  • the graphics shown in the trailer always seemed kinda bad. that's personal taste, but they could have done more. I have seen many people being really excited for the game and very anxious to try. Bad graphics was a topic discussed even before the leaks. For the rest, unless on my Twitter, I haven't seen any bad comment on the game. I mean it's not perfect and there will always people arguing over something, but tbh in general everyone seems really excited and happy about the game. I am as well lol.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • People who hate the graphics are probably going to hate anything. I don't follow twitter Pokemon Communities because usually they are just overly toxic. I see nothing wrong with the graphics. They look fine to me and they are a huge step up from SwShBDSP.

There will never not be no hate. Because there will always be something the PokeCommunity to complain about. But from what I've seen via videos and reviews, everyone loves the crap out of the games.

A lot of people who are hating graphics are comparing it to New Pokemon Snap, which I just don't think it is fair. In that game, we are on a single track and move the camera around. While it would be amazing to have an actual Main Series Game like Snap Graphics, I just don't think it is viable option, especially if they can't even make Kingdom Hearts 3 a hard copy because it is such a big game.

Last edited:

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • I'm 2 hours into Legends: Arceus and so far I'm absolutely loving it. The mechanics are fantastic, I actually feel like a Pokemon trainer in this game. Already caught one of my favourite Pokemon! I won't spoil anything for anyone as I know a lot of people don't have the game yet, but I think this is one of the best installments to the main series yet.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I just started but I'm in love ;_;
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2022
    How in the world do I get swarms to show up? I wanted to shiny hunt them, but I only ever have gotten one in 20 hours of pay time and it was a kricketot one with no shines, also after being EXTREMELY disappointed with the Wild Area in SwSh, Legends gives us exactly what I hopped the Wild Area would be.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Considering the difficulty I'm having controlling my movements on Switch, I don't know if I'll make it past Arceus. It actually took me two days to get past Arcanine. I guess I lucked out on Dialga when I beat it. However, when I watch videos of the Arceus battle, I'm left shaking my head. Lol.

Years
  • My game was delivered today! I played for a little over an hour now I have my Switch charging so I can play some more. It seems like a fun game so far! I'm excited to get further into it! :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I like how Glaceon and Leafeon play as a main pokemon to the Leaders. It almost reminds me of Pokemon Colosseum and the main pokemon there were Umbreon and Espeon.

Very big spoilers for after the last Noble.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • This is the first time I've truly enjoyed a Pokémon game in a long time I think. It's an absolute blast and so fun to just wander around. Last night I went into a distortion and found an Oshowott which was a total surprise thinking you couldn't get the other two starters. So now I'm on the hunt for Cyndaquill, haha. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2022
    I honestly can't believe my eyes with this game. Open world Sinnoh? What kind of spacetime shenanigans did Team Galactic wreak that made a universe where this game is a reality? My hype is at 11 right now.

This game looks like it can go all out and do things that the original games couldn't. For one, I think we'll see Pokemon that weren't originally in the Sinnoh Dex. We already see cross gen evos and new starters, so they could throw in whatever they feel like it. Any of the almost 900 Pokemon may be on the table here.

Back