• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lengths of time for pokemon to smell honey

Whats the longest amount of time you've had to wait for a pokemon after using honey?

• over 48 hours

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 36-47 hours

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 24-35 hours

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 12-23 hours

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • 6-12 hours

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • under 6 hours

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • So... I spread some honey on a tree yesterday morning, approx. 28 hours ago. Still no pokemon now. It says there's still honey on the bark.

I'm just curious, as far as you can remember what is the longest amount of time you've ever had to wait for pokemon to take the bait? I just hope mine isn't broken or something.... usually its only 6 hours maximum for me.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • For me, it ranges from 6 to 12 hours. I do believe that the longer you leave the Honey, the re is a greater chance of finding something like Munchlax or Heracross, but those are only fleeting things that I've heard. That, and I've never actually come across them. Ever.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Do you have to leave your DS on after spreading honey to make a pokemon appear?

No, they can appear and dissapear whilst the DS is off.

I can't remember specifically, but I slathered a few trees looking for another Pokémon to SR for, and the tree in the Valley Windworks took hours longer than the others. It must have been around 12-18 hours.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    it depends. sometimes (like my most recent one) took about 6-12 hours, but a lot of times i have to wait about a day and a half.

i heard that the more honey you spread on the trees, the more rare the pokemon that appears is. is that true?

ghastly

Leafgar!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    It usually takes me a day or so untill the pokemon shows up...

but when i do it its always something horrible... like weedle >_>

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Honey Trees are evil.
    I hate them, and i hope they do not reappear in Platinum.
    I've only used them once, and i got it in a day.

Years
  • Thanks for your replies, hope to hear some more <3

to paperfunk: I have no idea sorry

AJtm: I don't really like them either, not only because they're time consuming but they eat up your funds too.

hannah909brown: Ouch sorry to hear that. Keep trying though :)

I should have waited before making my poll selection. It's been about 35 hours now, and nothing. Is there a world record for this?

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
  • I left my honey for over a day on some random route i came back and got a munchlax!Tried it again and all i got was a male combee(cant even evolve!)XD

Years
  • i usually just put honey on a tree in the morning and when i wake up the next morning the tree is shaking But i really hate honeying trees i took me about 300 times just to get a heracross and then i decied the second i got it that it did not evolve

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    Sometimes I forget which tree I put it in, then I get too lazy to search.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • it depends. sometimes (like my most recent one) took about 6-12 hours, but a lot of times i have to wait about a day and a half.

i heard that the more honey you spread on the trees, the more rare the pokemon that appears is. is that true?

Nop.
    That just resets the Length of Time the Honey's been on the tree. Nintendo probably wouldn't put something like that into this game :(

They're just too cheap xD

jks

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2008
    Over 48 hours...and it got to the point where I was cursing at the game and then after all that waiting I got a male Burmy and now I can't really speak for about a week for punishment for all the curse words I said.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    the longest ive waited was like eight hours? i ended up with a muchlax though, so it was yay.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    Argh! I keep forgetting to check the honey trees until I see this thread!

Then it's too late ;_;

Back