• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~*!*~LET HER WIN ALREADY~*!*~

~*!*~SHOULD SHE?~*!*~

• YES

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • NO

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • YES BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • NO BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Should Jessie win a contest?

I wish she would just win, its not that I pity her or anything but even the worse people should win atleast something. I'm hoping in the future that she does win atleast one ribbon, its only fair

:t354:TG

Years
    To be fair, I think you mean "let her win an official contest, already." Because, she did win an unofficial one in the "Borrowing in Bad Faith" episode. But, yeah, it's particularly galling, as she usually ahead of the cast (lately, anyway), and still loses.

I know she's a villain, and they must lose, but you can throw them a bone on occasion.

C'mon, Nintendo, make your TV Tokyo writers do something beyond getting her posterior handed to her time after time after time. Augh.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    And she wasn't even using her own Pokemon in the unofficial contest.

I think she should get to win a contest at least one time, she's actually quite good at them. It would be so cool if she did. I mean, she'd have to not cheat and everything so she sets a good example for the kiddies...so maybe James and Meowth would want to cheat, but she stops them and then wins. That would be cool. But that doesn't seem very much like Jessie since James is usually the one that doesn't want to cheat...oh well, I hope she does get to win a contest sometime.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    I think the third choice about summed it up. "Yes, but it will never happen."

Team Rocket are the bad guys. I think Nintendo wants to make a positive message to kids. Be like Ash, and good stuff will happen to you. Be like Team Rocket, and you'll be electrocuted several hundred times, once a day, for going on ten years. So, going back on topic, Team Rocket will never win anything, since Nintendo would seem like they were contradicting themselves.

Years
    I really want Jessie to win a contest. They totally screwed her over back in Hoenn when she was using Harley's pokemon. She SHOULD have beat her, but no, we have to have some little miracle solution for perfect little May, while big, bad Jessie suddenly loses control for no apparent reason.

Beating Dawn is the next best thing, I suppose, even though I actually like Dawn. Maybe Ash should enter and she can crush his little Aipom. I'd watch that. xD

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

Jessie should be able to win a contest. It's only fair. I mean out of all the OFFICIAL contests she entered in, she won NONE of them.

Years
    And she wasn't even using her own Pokemon in the unofficial contest.

I think she should get to win a contest at least one time, she's actually quite good at them. It would be so cool if she did. I mean, she'd have to not cheat and everything so she sets a good example for the kiddies...so maybe James and Meowth would want to cheat, but she stops them and then wins. That would be cool. But that doesn't seem very much like Jessie since James is usually the one that doesn't want to cheat...oh well, I hope she does get to win a contest sometime.

To be fair, I think her use of Aipom was to play the "Aipom likes Contest" vibe they were going with for a while.

Lately, she's been cheating less and less, so I don't see the problem. Heck, the writers have been cutting down on the Rocket abuse in D/P, so we need to break them of this habit. How? Hit them with a giant Lollipop! A biiiiiiiig lollipop.

Well, at least, they're no longer like May's second Contest (the Phantom one), where Dogasu made a spot-on observation.

Also, this is the second Contest in a row where Satoshi uses his Pikachu to attack one of the Coordinators on-stage. Maybe it was overlooked in the Kaina City Contest because it was revealed that Musashi had been cheating, but Musashi didn't do anything wrong this time. Why aren't the people in charge of the Pokemon Contests keeping an eye out on this trainer who's traveling around, using his Pikachu to electrocute people on-stage?

https://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/houen/ep062.html

Indeed. Hm.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    Heck, the writers have been cutting down on the Rocket abuse in D/P, .
    that indeed is true, after seeing the old episodes where team rocket actauly do evil things like bombing pallet town in pallet party panic to them just stealing pikachu and ash getting him back

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Why aren't the people in charge of the Pokemon Contests keeping an eye out on this trainer who's traveling around, using his Pikachu to electrocute people on-stage?

Indeed. Hm.

Teeheehee Ash is on the Contest banned list. Teeheehee

Lately a lot in the DP Contest, Jessie has been really good. I mean really really really good!!! She hasn't even think about cheating if I remember right. I mean that last episode she really did great with Dustox against Dawn's Piplup. I mean it withstood that Bide attack but it was ashamed that a Bubblebeam took him out. In that episode I was hoping that the finals would have Jessie vs Dawn. Like the battle against Kenny could have been semifinals and then Dawn and Jessie could have battle in the last one so at least Jessie was in the last one.

Still I think Jessie should win an official Contest. It is about time she does. I mean maybe she can't be in the Grand Festivial but at least let her win one. Kinda shows that if you don't cheat then you will win.

Go Jessie!! Teeheehee

Chelc

Years
    I think it's okay for her to win unofficial contests (like in Borrowing on Bad Faith!), but actual contests? No. It's not that I don't like Jessie, I really do like her a lot, and I know that she basically is one of Dawn's [not-so-serious] rivals, but she's a Team Rocket member. Two characters going for the same goal at once (and seriously, too) would be a bit much, don't you think?

If Jessie did win an actual contest, it would take Dawn longer to get to the Grand Festival. I think the point in having Jessie enter contests is that so a) Team Rocket can still be included in the episode, because they have to be there...for some reason, b) The writers need another contest rival who isn't seriously trying to enter the Grand Festival, so Dawn can easily win against her and/or if they don't feel like creating another one-shot coordinator, they can add her in the episode/contest if they want to, and c) It's interesting - I mean, who would have thought Jessie would be entering contests?

I'm sorry if this doesn't really make sense. ^^; It's hard to explain my view on this. So I guess to be blunt, I don't want her winning Contests because she isn't really that serious about them and because it interferes with Dawn's storyline.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    I think she should but it will probally never happen =/ very sad... Oh well... rember along time ago when ... that one pokemon... ate her hair?

Years
    I think it's okay for her to win unofficial contests (like in Borrowing on Bad Faith!), but actual contests? No. It's not that I don't like Jessie, I really do like her a lot, and I know that she basically is one of Dawn's [not-so-serious] rivals, but she's a Team Rocket member. Two characters going for the same goal at once (and seriously, too) would be a bit much, don't you think?

If Jessie did win an actual contest, it would take Dawn longer to get to the Grand Festival. I think the point in having Jessie enter contests is that so a) Team Rocket can still be included in the episode, because they have to be there...for some reason, b) The writers need another contest rival who isn't seriously trying to enter the Grand Festival, so Dawn can easily win against her and/or if they don't feel like creating another one-shot coordinator, they can add her in the episode/contest if they want to, and c) It's interesting - I mean, who would have thought Jessie would be entering contests?

I'm sorry if this doesn't really make sense. ^^; It's hard to explain my view on this. So I guess to be blunt, I don't want her winning Contests because she isn't really that serious about them and because it interferes with Dawn's storyline.

I don't disagree with you. After all, sometimes, the writers are cynical with the Rockets and have them there just to be there. Frankly, there are a good share of episodes that should have been done sans them. Your reasons make sense to me. It's just a sub-quest, for if Jessie were serious, she would try harder than usual.

Of course, I don't care for the Contests, so if they want to burn them off, wouldn't bother me much. It's the gutting the GL episodes that gets my ire. Heh.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    To be fair, I think her use of Aipom was to play the "Aipom likes Contest" vibe they were going with for a while.

Lately, she's been cheating less and less, so I don't see the problem. Heck, the writers have been cutting down on the Rocket abuse in D/P, so we need to break them of this habit. How? Hit them with a giant Lollipop! A biiiiiiiig lollipop.

But didn't they use loads of money in that contest on her manicure or something? I think that was supposed to be her spending more time on herself than her Pokemon. I know that's not cheating haha but I think that before she'll be allowed to win a contest she'll have to not cheat *and* think about her Pokemon as well. Or maybe not, I dunno. But I think her losing contests is the same reason that Team Rocket aren't allowed to successfully steal a Pokemon, the writers don't think it'll set a good example to the little children...

Why aren't the people in charge of the Pokemon Contests keeping an eye out on this trainer who's traveling around, using his Pikachu to electrocute people on-stage?

Indeed. Hm.

XD Banning him would've been SO funny to watch

I think the third choice about summed it up. "Yes, but it will never happen."

Team Rocket are the bad guys. I think Nintendo wants to make a positive message to kids. Be like Ash, and good stuff will happen to you. Be like Team Rocket, and you'll be electrocuted several hundred times, once a day, for going on ten years. So, going back on topic, Team Rocket will never win anything, since Nintendo would seem like they were contradicting themselves.
    Yeah, but what would happen if Gamefreak/Creatures Inc gave the publishing rights to a different company that wasn't The Big N?

Man, I'd love to see Sunsoft make a Pokemon game.

Last edited:
    Years
    Man, I'd love to see Sunsoft make a Pokemon game.

Uh, Sunsoft disbanded in 2000-2001, so I would say no on that. They're pretty good, but, yeah, too late. I think Nintendo is alright, but it's their PC-ness I don't care for. Either way, it's not germane to the topic at hand.

And Jorah, you're right, particularly about the money issue and the constantly setting the good example. However, after so many episodes of setting/stating it to painful degrees, I think they can skip one or two. Oh, well, whatever. Headdesk.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I would like to see Jesse win a offical contest, except it would be outside of the villan structure

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Um, Actually...I think Jessie should win a contest, I mean the Editors makes Team Rocket Look like a useless well, villain. In all the Anime I have seen, The Villain always win sometimes, Pokemon Anime was made in japan right? and Pokemon TV Series is a Anime, So yeah, I think they should let them win.

Back