• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Let Me Visit Your World!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Entralink

The Central Park of Unova, the Entralink lies squarely in the middle of map. Its purpose? To facilitate more interaction wirelessly with other people playing Black or White. The probably most common use of this area is to the north, the Entree Forest where you retrieve your Dream Fragments and Pokemon you have befriend while in the Dream World. However, the main reason it's there is to give you the ability to visit your friends' worlds wirelessly, complete tasks, and earn Pass Powers to share with people near you playing Black or White. These powers can range from a slight increase in Happiness of their first Pokemon, to tripling the monetary gain in a battle. The powers also have the ability to be negative as well, such as the Exp. Point Power ↓↓↓, which halves the experience gain for a while.

When crossing over to your friends' world, you assume the sprite of the trainer on your Trainer card, and the world you're in becomes grayscale. This is also how you retrieve more people for your White Forest or Black City; you use the Entralink, accept a task, and then talk to people in the other game instead.
    Discuss:
    -How often you use Entralink, and what for (tasks, White Forest/Black City, Entree Forest)
    -Benefits and disadvantages to Entralink being solely wireless
    -The usefulness (or uselessness) of Pass Powers
    -Improvements that can be made to the Entralink's system

Read more about the Entralink here

Years
    Every once in a while, I hop on GL and play in the DW, so I transfer maybe one pokemon every few weeks. Other than that, it's useless to me. I hold my DS right up to my brothers' and it never connects. I've used it once to fill my White Forest, then never bothered trying to connect with my friends'/family's games ever again.

Years
    Pass powers are a godsend now that wi-fi battles no longer auto level anymore. Having Exp. Point Power +++ makes the grind so much easier when battling the already powerful and experience bound extra trainers. So yeah. Thankfully, I have a little brother who doesn't really play his Pokemon Black and an extra DS lying around, so I can just grind for Pass Orbs. Recently, his game had Exp. Point Power MAX, so I've been abusing that.
    Other than experience, getting double money, cheap vitamins, and hatching eggs when I'm impatient are great additions to the game for such a small price of Pass Orbs. All the powers, aside from Encounter, HP, and PP powers, I can see myself using eventually. Even Exp --- if I like want to make a Little Cup wi-fi team with as little experience as possible but maximum EVs.

To make it the only way to fill Black Forest/White City is pretty ridiculous though, I'll admit that.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I wonder how the worlds look like...
    I only use the Entralink to get my Dream World Pokemon in Entree Forest. I never went to other "worlds" before.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    How do get to other peoples worlds?
    I Have never been to Someones world before but I guess it would be kinda cool to visit someones world and help them.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I hardly ever visit the Entralink anymore. I used to visit there a lot more then I was trying to get the trainer card colour for unlocking all the Entralink powers. There is no point really. I haven't even caught any of the Dream World Pokemon I have obtained yet. There aren't many benifets to the Entralink being solely wireless and one of the biggest disadvantages to it is how it is only limited to that. Well at least that makes it special for the people with one game. It is the underground all over again. I found pass powers very useful. I tended to use the hatching and exp gain a lot. The Entralink would be much better if you could access all of Unova like Castelia City. Also a wifi feature or the ability to have several people in one world would be great as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I never use it. :(
    I'm disappointed I can't, though, 'cause it does seem to be helpful. I really wish they made it based on wifi and not wireless. >___>;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I never use it. :(
    I'm disappointed I can't, though, 'cause it does seem to be helpful. I really wish they made it based on wifi and not wireless. >___>;
    Same here :(
    That's one thing I hope they would change...
    I only use the extralink for DW which I go to almost every day...

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Because I have multiple versions of Black & White, I've been using the Extralink to boost up my Entree's level. The only problem is, I don't know anyone who can assist me with it (my good friend is always busy, of late), so I've just been using my own games to do it. Its extremely handy, considering that some of the most useful abilities can be utilised on there; in particular, I've been using the Egg Hatching Pass Power a lot, while I hatch lots of Eevees.

Other than for the obvious Dream World Pokemon though, I haven't really had much use out of the Extralink, which is unfortunate.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I am yet to use this but I nevev actually looked at it. After seeing the exp increase I am going to start using it now with my spare ds and game I have. Definatly need it for increasing my pokemon to level 100.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    I only use the Entralink for the DW pokémon.
    The closest I've ever been to someone's world was when I was in a college's library and I noticed that there was someone with B/W nearby.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    It's a great additon to the franchise, but lately all I've been doing is using the Entree Forest with the Dream World...wait..there's a Exp. Point Max Pass Power? How many Pass Orbs you need for that?

Sert908

Hi guys :)
    Years
    I wish I knew how to get people into my White Forest, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet between me and my brother's games.

Back