• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lethal Injection

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Lethal Injection

Do you agree with using Lethal Injection as a punishment?

Lethal Injections is basically injecting someone with heavy doses of drugs.

Now the U.S. government is even running low on the drugs, hence more money being wasted to use other methods of killing someone because of capital punishment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...ethal-injection-drug-halts-US-executions.html

My Own Opinion: Maybe. New Jersey statistics say it costs around $34,000 dollars to house a inmate, which can probably enough money to allow 5 kids to go a public Middle school or probably even High school.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    depends what the crime is.
    And can someone elaborate on what this drug does? Does it kill instantly, or is it a more painful path to death?

M4

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    And can someone elaborate on what this drug does? Does it kill instantly, or is it a more painful path to death?

Yes, it causes the immediate death of the victim.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018

Drug 1 paralyzes the victim. This would kill them by asphyxiation alone.

Drug 2 puts the victim into a deep sleep.

Drug 3 is a toxic agent that stops the heart. If done right, this will be what causes death.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Ah, well that's nice to know, but doesn't really change my opinion.
    It'd be ironic if the death-sentenced were scared of needles...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Err, no. It's just another method used to kill a person. Besides..
    New Jersey statistics say it costs around $34,000 dollars to house a inmate, which can probably enough money to allow 5 kids to go a public Middle school or probably even High school.

M4

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Err, no. It's just another method used to kill a person. Besides..

That means to put someone in jail for the rest of their life. Lethal injection is probably easiest the cheapest solution for capital punishment.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    The net cost of lethal injection is less than housing an inmate. But that argument makes it sound like cost is the only issue, which isn't true.

Regardless, I'm in favour of lethal injection.

Years
    True, I also appose the death penalty, though I find it funny that inmates who're afraid of the needle will take the electric chair instead. I'm dead serious.

Moving on, is there any real need for the death penalty? True, housing an inmate is quite a lot compared to them dying, funeral arranged, and buried than keeping them alive, but even still we're supposed to go along with this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Not something I advocate, I prefer older methods like hanging, but I'm not against it.
    I don't suppose capital punishment has much of a place in modern society, though.

Years
    I recall reading about a botched execution where one of the drugs didn't get administered properly. They thought it meant the person they killed would have experienced a more painful death because of it. So in that regard it seems like they haven't quite worked all the bugs out in making it painless.

Regardless, I'm against capital punishment so I don't support it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    a punishment should fit the crime, i think. i can't think of a punishment to fit the crime of death other than being a murderer, but in those regards, i'd rather someone have to suffer for their horrible acts rather than being let off and being put to sleep. lethal injections are something i'd prefer for suffering people, done with their connect ahead of time (ie: signing a paper stating if this happened, that would happen because of it) while they're asleep. but i'm not for or against capital punishment, so...

Years
    I miss the days where a murderer/rapist/child molester would simply be taken to the nearest oak tree and hung. Simple, cheap and easy.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I miss the days where a murderer/rapist/child molester would simply be taken to the nearest oak tree and hung. Simple, cheap and easy.

The potential for killing the wrong person is so high that way that I won't even begin to contemplate it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'm not a fan of the death penalty myself, but I feel like the drug cocktail is just over the top. Hanging is one thing, but the sheer terror and anticipation of being led down the hall and strapped down to a bench - with an audience, mind you - while a doctor fiddles around with the three injections that will paralyse and then kill you - it's just too much, I can't even bear thinking about it. At least with hanging it's quick, I'd even prefer a firing squad. What they do with the lethal injection is mental torture before death.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I think killing a human being is wrong. It doesn't matter where you try to disguise it as "justice", you are being just a criminal like them.

I'd rather put them in prison for years and years. There are chances they might learn something during that time, or be useful to society in some way to pay for the damage they caused.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    You weren't alive then, and I sure hope if you were that you didn't piss off your colleague enough that he could just accuse you of such a thing.

And how are you better than a murderer for wishing death upon another, anyway?

Back