• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's all take this time to reflect on and laugh at PC

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i haven't exactly learned much from this place, it's hardly different from the real world. you've got the phonies and fools outweighing the rational and intelligent, plenty of petty drama and controversy to observe, and what would a community be without a few corrupt leaders? it's all kind of entertaining and the social climate is adequate, needless to say i find myself coming back pretty regularly.

i guess the funniest parts of pc would be the village crazies, like ol' Spey and as Epsilon mentioned, Pachy. very memorable characters that will be victims of their own personalities for years to come. slightly contributing to driving staff crazy when matt and gary were around was entertaining too, though i came in a little late. as we've gotten bored with that and are having our laughs elsewhere, PC will remain in our hearts <B

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years

More or less? ...well, no. :x

Anyway, I've noticed that all of the staff are lovely. And that PC isn't really as bad as people make it out to be, they just need to relax.
    Lol, well excuuuuse me. Can't lie, I was just making a guess. I really have no idea what perks a mod gets.

But that reminds me of another thing - for people who spend a good majority of our time on this forum, we do complain about it a lot, don't we? Perhaps 'complain' isn't exactly the right word, but you know what I'm getting at.

Diverting from the 'this topic is lulz at the staff' ideal, I'm gonna go for April Fools '08. All the members' usernames were changed to that of the moderator usergroup and you even got the slick userbar that comes along with it. This was moderately funny for a few seconds.

What really made it funny was when a guy who rarely ventured outside of some forum (think it was fan fiction and writing) thought he really was modded and made a thread in community questions and feedback, thanking everyone for their support and promising to work hard for the good of the forum. I read the opening post to his thread at least five times that day and lol'd each time.
    Totally remember that. Also, Dark_cookie93 or something... remember him Oni? Lol...

Being a semi-seasoned vet (holy crap, I've been here for a while ._.;;)

• There are many sheep
    • There are double standards
    • There are few, yet prominent ambitious people
    • Suckups are obvious
    • Trolling works 95% of the time
    • Some staff are mean, some staff are nice, some staff are just like normal members!
    • There are still cliques, but not as bad as they were a year or two ago

It's a nice forum overall though, that's why I'm still here.
    Solid point. No matter how much crap we come up with as to why this place blows, we're all still here at the end of the day. So obviously we're each getting something of enough value to outweigh the bad.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2016
    PC is one of the few forums where sane people have been...oh wait. ****.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    PC has helped me in a lot of ways. I know most of you hate us because we "have no sense of humor, take stuff too seriously, let the power go to our heads, etc." It sucks most of you think this way but some people are always going to think that way. But without PC I wouldn't of discovered my music again, I wouldn't have the knowledge of Pokemon I have now, I wouldn't know what I want to do with my life without PC and I've made some friendships I can't imagine not having.

I've mentioned this numerous times before, but I hate forums. Something about PC is magical though. Us "douchebag" staff members may take it too seriously but I feel were the best non-professional moderating team on the internet.

We do have certain members like the ones mentioned above but I don't see the amount of idiots everyone always talks about. This is an awesome forum and we should appreciate it.

Let's all take this time to reflect on and laugh at PC

Just because its cute.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I noticed.. that people have probably matured a lot more? And PC used to be more fun >:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    And PC used to be more fun >:
    Yeah, it kinda did. But I think that's partially a result of people maturing, and mostly the growth of one's self and the change of viewpoint.
    Everyone seems so gat-dang human nowadays.

I've met (as it were) plenty of exceptional people here. Intelligence, peacefulness, humor, reasonableness or any other number of traits. Of course, they're the people who stand out from what's perceived as the average. And then there are the spectacularly stupid, angsty, unfunny bricks-for-brains. Everyone pretty much has a role, and they generally play it well.

And we're all here because of Pokemon. Has your mind exploded yet?

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    It's certainly been an interesting ride. As one of the people who was 'OH MY GOD YOU ARE NOT PART OF MY CLIQUE I HATE YOU' etc needless to say I was hated. I believe I've grown out of that phase, luckily. I was also one of those people who thought the staff was biased, delusional, unfabulous etc. Once again, I believe I've grown out of that phase. I'd elaborate more, but who wants to hear about unfortunate phases on here? xoxo

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
    Well I've only been here for a few days, but it makes me laugh a little that in my first day on this site's IRC channel I've become the official maid. ^.^

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Yeah, it kinda did. But I think that's partially a result of people maturing, and mostly the growth of one's self and the change of viewpoint.
    Everyone seems so gat-dang human nowadays.

I've met (as it were) plenty of exceptional people here. Intelligence, peacefulness, humor, reasonableness or any other number of traits. Of course, they're the people who stand out from what's perceived as the average. And then there are the spectacularly stupid, angsty, unfunny bricks-for-brains. Everyone pretty much has a role, and they generally play it well.

And we're all here because of Pokemon. Has your mind exploded yet?

I so agree with you here. ^^ it's all true. I suppose it's because I've grown up. :/

Cid

Years
    You guys posted some well-thought stuff here. I like that, somehow. Makes me feel more comfortable, being a self-proclaimed "tired" member of PC. But even if I just said I was tired, I still go here whenever I can. And I find it funny that I only realize that now. Ah, also, I think it'd be a waste of web browser space to quote all these wonderfully written posts, and since I probably won't give anything except "I agree" in the bottom of each quote, then I'd just say that I agree to most of what you guys posted.

The current 'me' still brings me to a related thing I learned in PC that I find funny. It's how I didn't take every chance I had. Whenever I talk to someone here in the past, I only share a sentence or two, and not take the chance of developing true friendships. When I read good threads that time, I didn't take the chance to express what I feel in a longer manner, and simply came with short liners. Same goes with the chance to actually make new members feel welcome while posting in the NU/W sub-forum. I also had one of the longest durations of being a newb, then into inactivity that's almost as long, and whenever I bring myself to partially type www.pokecomm..., I fail to take the chance to be active again, to try to renew my interactions with the people I met. These things perfectly exemplify how I fail at making decisions...and how passive of a person I am. The moment I learned of my losses, that made me want to do what was the right thing to do in same situations in real life, and I tried to grasp the chances whenever possible to not make the same mistake again. That's something PC made me see in myself, through its variety of friendly and not-so-friendly members, what wrong I was doing. I find it funny how I only appreciate it now...how I only get to appreciate certain PMs old friends (who became staff...then ex-staff) sent me, in actually saying that, "Hey, you're doing this wrong. Think about it," and now I find myself oh-so-ignorant for not stopping to think how much what I didn't appreciate can teach.

Yeah, I know it might not seem to be as busy and fun as then, but it's still got that slogan that cracks me up, and that website URL I always find myself typing when I'm in front of a freshly served internet browser. So hey, it's still PC. :D

Hahahaha. It's fun looking back and laughing at myself. And it's funny that a Pokemon forum slowly taught me lessons. That might be the reason why I'm still here now. Just to keep learning. I don't regret signing up, and I never will.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    On PC, a lot of people are closet trolls. I'm serious. Lots of people post around here but slowly start seeing PC for what it is. A few people go and start trolling around, and get the voices of everyone else out there out. Along with closet trolls is the amount of hypocrisy around these forums. It's atrocious.

In case you checked my join date to see how valid my point is, read my post again and figure it out.

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
    I love pokemon, therefore I will probably stay here in an on-off manner. All the silly stuff that happens in between is a-okay by me. Cause after all, if I don't like the pokemon themselves, I love the characters.

Ayselipera

Unfortunately I feel like I joined much to late to really enjoy PC in its glory. At the same time though I feel like I would have been really immature if I joined any earlier so perhaps coming in late was for the best.

Even though I've only been here a little past a year I've done my fair share of just lurking around. Which is a past time of mine. Just viewing other members' pages and posts. I have to say that the thing I really enjoy the most here are the people. I've done enough stalking browsing to honestly say who I like, who I don't, who is annoying, who is funny, and who I admire. For some reason I just have a really good memory and I tend to remember just about everyone I see. So even when I left for a two month period every once and a while I'd just think of all the characters there are here. Even if I've never really talked to any of them, which is usually the case seeing as I only regularly talk to a handful of members.

A lot of people here are just memorable. Even though they really haven't done anything spectacular or noteworthy outside of PC. I just think it's kind of weird that PC is almost like it's own little virtual world and I suppose I find that comical.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    People are corrupt, people change, people follow crowds, people change their mind. You shouldn't really let it get to you, that's just human nature.

Funniest time at PC was the Spey era.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Unfortunately I feel like I joined much to late to really enjoy PC in its glory. At the same time though I feel like I would have been really immature if I joined any earlier.
    Both. :|

Whenever I look at my older posts, it reminds me of how childish and immature I was back then. It makes me laugh sometimes. At the same time, those were the days I enjoyed most up til now. It reminds me how people were more different than they are now. We didn't have the serious looks on our faces, well I certainly didn't. How people change, that including myself, I find comical.

Back