• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Lets discuss......Shiny Pokemon!

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    i have a red gyrados. in my 50+ hours of playing (well, 20+ in my 1st file, 30+ in my 2nd file) i encourtered a shiny Pinsir. that and red gyrados. thats it.

Da_Green_Teddy

Emerald Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 11, 2004
    I recieved a Green-eared Cleffa from the Odd egg in my crystal, but in my 279 hours or so of playing, I've never actually encountered a shiny.

Crystal

Single Worm Superhero
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    I got the Red Gyarados in Crystal... and I've got a Shiny Furret too.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I'm still trying to get my mom to buy me one...But I hope I might get a shiney Umbreon, or eevee,or any eevee evolutons!*points to sig* I'm a eevee freak/trainer.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    yeh i had one but it evolved & dissapeard because the batteries ran out
    magicarp is gold

Last edited:
    Years
    I'll discuss all my shinys(beside Red gyarados):

Orange Meganium:
    It was the day I got my Crystal and I was working on transfering the other 2 starters to my Gold. I started a new game(on Crystal) and got chikorita, I plugged in the cable and crystal blanked out. I then got another Chikorita and then I noticed it was orange. I immeditaly transferred it to Gold and evolved it into Meganium.

Green-eyed Wigglytuff:
    I found this one in Gold. I was right under Vermillion City and a fould a Green-eyed Jigglypuff. I use one of my Masterball copies to catch it(copied about ten on Gold, hehehe).

Janis Joplin

so many fantastic colors
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2004
    i hav a shony raikou i got from the pkmn center, but maybe im just trippin again and its just a normal one

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2004
    I have shiny Ursaring (it's yellow or so), Raticate (kind of pink), Rapidash (nice purple one) and, of course, Gyarados (red, you know?). I'm willing for a shiny Pichu.

It is said to raise the probabilities if you breed with a shiny pokemon, so I'm breeding my shiny Ursaring with my surfing Raichu, waiting for a shiny Pichu to hatch. The probabilities from this are 1/64, but a flying-surfing-shiny Pikachu definitly worth it.

Back