• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's explore more islands - GT Challenge

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • Great, now I'm too scared to continue because there's no way of avoiding that cursed totem! 😅

I'll get started tomorrow, then!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    finished second segment: after defeating cheren, taught return to tepig according to the rule, it was not compatible with work up at that moment. caugth some pokemon in the process and added to the roster swewaddle (changing name in the near future) and venipide (venoshock). Later tepig evolved, caught magnemite (magneto) and koffing (toxicball) at the vibrank complex. taught the respective moves that you get there (rocksmash to venipide and thief to koffing). after clearing the complex went to the gym with the moveset that appears in the picture summary. Leading the team was magneto, and I have to say, sonicboon is broken early game. Magneto also learned thunderwave, making things easier. No wonder the NPC in front of the gym suggested magnemite. after defeating the gym taught venoshock to toxicball (the tm you get from roxie).

picture summary: from left to right , up down.
    Spoiler:

as next resource i choose the rock, and moving to room # 1.

Last edited:

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Hey everyone, I'm ready to set sail and explore this place!

Name: Superjolt
    Trainer Class: Sailor (from FR/LG)
    Your favourite AC villager: Leif
    Game: Black
    Where you want to start (Rooms with a white lighthouse): if I won't be stuck in that top area I'll go with 27, otherwise I'll take 25!
    Starting resource (wood, stone or herb): herb

I swear, if I end up only being able to use ghost/dark types again...

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor - Badge #1

For the next segment, I'll pick up some rocks and progress to Area #7 (by skipping to a different lighthouse) if that's alright!

It was Fletchling who had to wake me up of all things. It's well known by everyone that I don't like it, but he didn't care. Or maybe, he was just too eager for me, because that was the day I had to receive my Starter Pokémon! And that I did, eventually, after a long time spent getting ready and wondering what was even happening.
    A Chespin joined me, and with him by my side I soon caught another Pokémon to join me, a Pidgey - that's what I was meant to do, right? Then me and my friends went through Santalune forest quite easily, getting a Scatterbug as well. Really, everything seemed to go as planned up until Santalune City: some trainer fights were a bit on the line, I can't deny that, but it was all quite tame. I even got to fight the Gym Leader right there and then with just a Spewpa (which evolved right after the battle, oh well) and a Chespin - and, thanks to Rollout, it really was him who did all the work. I thought a Bug type gym would have been hard on him, but that move made it surprisingly easy. Outside of the Gym, I was also given a pair of Skates, which I've learned how to use very quickly and are now the only way I get around with... I'm not even kidding! I caught a little Psyduck while on them, too.

So, why do I look so stressed out if everything seemed alright? Well... I actually didn't want Chespin. I wanted a Fennekin. I love Fennekin so much, in fact, I dreamed of having one since I was a little child. But this Fennekin... oh, turns out I'm allergic or something, because I can't stand close to it! For this fact alone, I may as well say that's been the worst day of my life! It surely can't be that bad, some might say - there are so many other good Pokémon around here. But when I see other trainers walking around with one, all I can think is... what a shame. Wish you didn't have a Fennekin either, after all.

Current team:
    chespin.png
    pidgey.png
    vivillon.png
    psyduck.png

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Name: Ash
    Trainer Class: BW Lady
    Game: Shield
    Where you want to start (Rooms with a white lighthouse): 27
    Starting resource (wood, stone or herb): Wood

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Name: Aldo
    Trainer Class: Gen 4 Scientist
    Game: Pokémon Moon
    Where you want to start (Rooms with a white lighthouse): 2
    Starting resource (wood, stone or herb): Herb

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • GT 2020 Challenge in White

Part 1

The run starts as I choose Tepig and destroy my room while I fight my friends with it. He's the captain of The Ship, and he's named Leonardo. However, there's actually no ship to be captained. That's not a problem though, as in Route 1 I'm able to catch a Lillipup, who can perfectly act as The Ship, it just needs to learn how to Surf.

We breeze through the early stages of the game, battle some guy N and my friends again, and then we challenge the gym at Striaton. I was a little bit underleveled and had one tiny disadvantage: the captain hates Water! For that reason I had to send the captain up front to handle Cress' own puppy, and then switch it out on the Panpour. I had to use one Fresh Water on The Ship as a +1 Water Gun hits hard, but with that the first gym is cleared.

Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

My next move is gonna be 29 and I'm gonna pick up that artifact.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Well, here comes frist round of Global Rules. I decided to make a little change to them this time. If you're joining the event and at the same time, a Global Rule is not added on your list, mostly because it would make the game either unplayable or wouldn't have any effect on you at all. I also decided to make it more interesting and so I put a small story behind Global Rules. The mroe you pick, the more you'll learn about it. This also means Global Rules will start pretty easy and will gradually get harder.

MUTINY IS STARTING!
    (NEW GLOBAL RULE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED)

Your Pokémon organized a revolt and left you alone on your desrted island. New Global Rule has been added, check your character on the map.

THE STORM!
    (NEW GLOBAL RULE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED)

Huge storm is comming your way, destroying all your fires. But maybe you could catch a fish to eat in this chaos. New Global Rule has been added, check your character on the map.

CANDY ACTIVATES SOMETHING AWFUL
    Candy picks up the totem and everyone leave her. She's alone again. And not just her. Everyone is alone.

Anyway, she makes it to another portion of the island and gets to a forest. Some of these trees could be used for wood.
    Bag_Revival_Herb_Sprite.png
    Herbs manipulate your gameplay
    Bag_Binding_Band_Sprite.png
    Wood manipulate your team
    Pick one resource to continue.

CHR. DRACO FINDS A PHONE
    Chr. Draco is lucky enough to find a phone just lying in the sand. Great. Sadly, its battery is dead. Darn the modern technology!

Next part of the island only has few herbs.

HYZENTHLAY JOINS THE FUN
    Hyzenthlay decides to go to lonely island and start his own tribe here.

But all he finds he is just a weird black thingy that says: "Poison-type only rule LULW". I achieved comedy.
    Bag_Strange_Souvenir_Sprite.png
    Ancient artifacts come with ultimate curses

ELEANOR ENCOUNTERS A ROADBLOCK
    Eleanor goes to another island and encounter a huge boulder standing in her way. But thankfully, her Pokémon help her get over it. Those damned deamons must have put it there to slwo Eleanor down.

The beach has few rocks and a shrine that could be destroyed for wood.
    Bag_Common_Stone_Sprite.png
    Rocks manipulate your movesets

SORVETE'S SHIP WILL SINK SOON
    Sorvete picks up the artifact and a huge storm starts almost at the same time. What a coincidence!

Anyway, on a rocky island there are... Rocks! And some herbs!

CUBISM JOINS THE FUN
    Cubism decides to find a treasure hidden somewhere on this island. But this means to be faster than the others.

The beach has few rocks and a shrine that could be destroyed for wood.

5QWERTY JOINS THE FUN
    5qwerty decides to travel across all the islands to catch all sorts of Pokémon.

5qwerty starts at the rocky beach. That's not a good start.

SANIACHAN JOINS THE FUN
    Saniachan is not an experienced sailor. That's why she ends up on a rocky island.

Here are... Well, rocks.

SUPERJOLT AND ASH JOINS THE FUN
    SuperJolt landing is pretty rough. He loses his backpack full of gadgets he planned on using to survive here.

Ash also ends up on this very same piece of land. Now this is getting crazy.

This is pretty weird island. There is only a weird black device. What could that do? And will both survivors pick it?
    Bag_Strange_Souvenir_Sprite.png
    Ancient artifacts come with ultimate curses

NOTE: So, even though there is only one resource to pick, you will have to both pick it up. Good luck!

ALDO JOINS THE FUN
    Aldo is one of the last people to get here. He decides to protect all lighthouses here with his own life.

Well, for some reason, there is a broken pot here. After a while, he also found few rocks and wood.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • 20 items overall. For example 5x Potions, 10x Poké Balls and 5x Sitrus Berries will make your bag full.

Oh boy, so if I want to catch things, I'll need to build my team early so I don't have to waste slots on Poke Balls. I gotta hope for some kind of shuffle later, then.

Episode 1 - 20 Item Disaster

Spoiler:

Oh right, I forgot. We're going up to Room 15 and taking 1 Wood.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Name: WizardOfOdd
    Trainer Class: Gen 8 Gentleman, Gen IV for the map
    Game: Eternal X
    Where you want to start (Rooms with a white lighthouse): 25
    Starting resource (wood, stone or herb): Herb

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Log Day 2:
    I feel like I need to collect these "Gym Badges" in order to leave this place.

My Pokemon tried to attack me. Perfect timing. I'm craving for chicken and mushrooms now.​
    Spoiler:

Stormy weather. Can't cook the chicken. Maybe I'll try the mushroom.​

found funny green mushroom.
    new friend.
    i call her friend :)

heard booms.
    found new friend.
    i call him flappy :)

raccoons keep eat my stuff.
    this raccoon give items. i like this raccoon. i call him ziggie :)

old man ask me help peeko. oh no D:
    i became delivery man. steven?
    cross ocean? can't swim
    boy friend stalk me why is he here aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

were gonna ride a boat with the old man :D

My head hurts.
    What have I been scribbling on this journal.
    Apparently I have a Ralts, a Taillow, and a Zigzagoon in my party now.
    We somehow ended up at an island town in the middle of the sea. Ugh, I haven't even gotten any water rations and this storm isn't letting up. Can't purify sea water anymore.
    This guy has a fishing rod. Great, I can secure fish for rations.

The sea only has carps and jellyfish. Bleh.
    Went back to a previous and caught a goldfish instead. Should give me fresh water supply.

Apparently this town also has a Gym.
    I should probably beat it up.

Friend :) did a good job beating it up.​
    Spoiler:

Still don't know what these badges do.​

Team
    Friend :) the Ralts - Lv 13 ♀
    Disarming Voice / Confusion / Double Team / Teleport

Flappy :) the Taillow - Lv 15 ♂
    Boomburst / Wing Attack / Focus Energy / Quick Attack

Ziggie :) the Zigzagoon - Lv 16 ♀
    Pursuit / Headbutt / Baby-Doll Eyes / Odor Sleuth

Not Seafood the Goldeen - Lv 8 ♀
    Peck / Horn Attack / Water Sport / Supersonic

Room 10 and let's see what the Herb will make me do.
    EDIT: Wait lemme specify if it matters... herb at position 5.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Segment 1 log:
    I pick Treecko cuz I'm about that speed. I catch Marill cuz Janp trolled me and said I have to catch a Pokémon from a previous Generation and there are only 2 accessible before the first gym, one of which is an Abra. I also Absorb Roxanne and she dies.

Team:
    - Grovyle Lv 16 (Pursuit|Leer|Absorb|Quick Attack)
    - Marill Lv 8 (Tackle|Defense Curl|Tail Whip)

Pick up Rock (do I even have a choice? Though this makes sense thematically since this is the corpse of Roxanne's Nosepass) and go to room 25 (cuz Lighthouse teleport right?).

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Ruby GT Challenge - Chapter 1:
    My first Pokémon is Treecko, I wanted Mudkip but since I need to go fast, it wouldn't be able to keep up.
    There's not really much I did here, in the route after Rustoboro I caught a Taillow I called bird and then I went to challenge Roxanne.
    It's an easy battle, for Plant evolved in a battle against the gym trainers and totally swept Roxanne's team by using Absorb.

Team:
    Plant/Grovyle lvl 17, Male (Pursuit, Fury Cutter, Absorb, Quick Attack)
    Bird/Taillow lvl 12, Female (Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack)

I'm choosing the second piece of wood and using the lighthouse to move to square 28

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2021
    Time for a gen 2 replay!

Name: Blue
    Trainer Class: Ethan/Male Player Sprite (Crystal/Gen 2)
    Your favorite AC villager: Leif (I'm sorry Marshal)
    Game: Crystal Clear (romhack of Crystal)
    Where you want to start (Rooms with a white lighthouse): 28
    Starting resource (wood, stone or herb): Wood

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    completed segment 3:
    caught another koffing and named it Hrting to start over a new team, put the other members that rebeled against me in the box, they need some time to think things out, looks like they were greedy with the casteliacones. Next caught some other pokemon, riolu (which had to change it's name to mablung because a forgot to nickname it), mareep (Vjava), lilipup (Duke) and pidove (pneuma). There's a patrat also but it was just for the sake of teaching it cut, so not part of the current team.
    Went to poke studios, returned to vibrank city, defeated some team plasma member, went to castelia, got the bike, got the exp. share and defeated some trainers from the battle company, completed the harlequin quest, defeated team plasma memebers that were hiding in the sewers along with hugh. recieved strenght , trained Hrting a bit, defeated the gym harlequin trainers and then defeated Burg. In my current time I don't have any pokemon that can learn struggle bug so it will have to wait for later for now. Still not have access to water fish pokemon until I get HM 06 surf from Cheren at route 6.

PD: currently only using Mablung the riolu and Hrting the koffing for battles since they are the only ones with gen IV - V attacking moves

picture summary:
    Spoiler:

I choose herbs as my next item (the only item available) and choose room 7 as my next location.

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor - Badge #2

For the next segment, I'll pick up some wood and progress to Area #14!

So this is a fun and long update.
    After I got the gym badge, my other team members suddenly started going crazy about how they didn't contribute to the battle. Chespin took their side as well, leaving me with no choice but to never use them again, because they would just not listen! I tried picking up a bunch of Pokémon in Route 4 - a Ralts and Flabébé, two fairies to make up my new team - but they turned out to be no good as well. Wasted Pokéballs and time, I tell you!

What I ended up getting was a Budew [can learn Cut] instead. Looked cute and all, so why not? I also ran back to the woods to get a Pikachu [can learn Strength] because Flying types would terrify me. I really had to keep Budew in good shape and make him love me, I deserved that after what my previous Pokémon did to me. I reached Lumiose by just skating past trainers and whatnot, sweeping Sycamore with 6 Growths and... yes, Mega Drain even on the Bulbasaur. Took 10 attacks to KO it, it was that boring.

But now I got a Squirtle that I could train up the trainers I had skipped before! I did the same through Route 5, breezing through the road (and meeting a fellow skater) until I got to Camphrier, visiting the Parfum Palace and everything, and then battling the trainers with my new recruits! I did in fact get, in Route 6, an Espurr [can learn Cut] and a Honedge [can learn Cut]. I obviously got the Cut HM in the Courtyard, and immediately taught it to all of my Pokémon (except Pikachu, who couldn't learn it) because the grass is never short enough correctly in this region. Yes, even on the main roads. How am I supposed to skate around the region when there are so many sprouts of weeds?

There were definitely some close calls, for example that weird couple with matching Furfrou, but I somehow made it through without a single white out. My rivals were super easy thanks to Pikachu and Budew, and so I made it to Ambrette no problem. And then... I also managed to get back a Fossil from Reflection cave without too much damage to my mental sanity. If anything, it was boring. I also got myself an Old Rod and fished up a new Water Type... fish.

It's getting hottter and hotter in this region. I dyed my hair bright orange today, but it will look terrible if I sweat too much while skating or running around. I need to keep cool! And this is why I got a Luvdisc to keep me company. He's going to be my portable water source - fresh and clean, as if it materialized out of nothingness right in front of me! He's not going to fight much, though - I have to keep him safe so he can provide me with hydration. Speaking of which, I let my actual Water Type do most of the work at the second gym, which I reached once again by skipping trainers. Squirtle evolved into Wartortle and handled Grant nearly by himself - if anything, the hardest battle in the Gym was against the Solrock and Lunatone trainer (but Honedge pulled through!).

I have now a Sandile [can learn Cut] and a Tyrunt [can learn Strength] in my Box, waiting for me in case I need to use them. But the team right now seems alright - I could complain all day about how my, uhm, totally real Grass Type starter is not evolving at all, even at level 27, or how no one has evolved at all except from Wartortle, but it's nothing too bad. As long as I can still run circles around trainers or find good matchups, I'll have no problems moving towards my new objective. What it is you say?
    I want an ice type. I like cold more than heat, and with this climate, having an Ice Friend is going to be amazingly helpful. Too bad they're mostly hiding in Mountain Kalos, and I need more badges to get there... which just means, time to get more badges as fast as possible!

By the way, today I skated on a sandy beach, while it was raining. It felt incredible. It was definitely worth all of this crazy adventure.

Current team:
    wartortle.png
    budew.png
    pikachu.png
    honedge.png
    espurr.png
    luvdisc.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

So a stuff happened in irl that needed my attention yesterday and probably today and tomorrow, so I'll have to change some stuff here. I quickly updated the map and for the next round, everyone can choose from wood, rock or herb. I'm sorry and will try to get to proper updates asap.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • So a stuff happened in irl that needed my attention yesterday and probably today and tomorrow, so I'll have to change some stuff here. I quickly updated the map and for the next round, everyone can choose from wood, rock or herb. I'm sorry and will try to get to proper updates asap.

So uh, my character isn't on the map yet (Panel 25). If you don't mind, can you just give me the challenge needed if you're busy? You can update it properly later, thanks

Edit : You don't have to if you're also too busy to do that, either. This can wait

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor - Badge #3

For the next segment, I'll pick up some herbs and progress to Area #18!

First of all, my team hasn't changed. All I was able to accomplish was evolve my Espurr and Budew (finally), and... put them into couples because they asked so. We have Bouquet and Squirtlepail, Fancy cat and Sword spectre, and finally Powerbank and Water Bottle. I still didn't let my Luvdisc battle at all, but his fresh water was still quite helpful. Just... not as much as last time, because I spent quite a long time in Reflection Cave (the real one) while on my way to Shalour. Of course, it's much colder inside of caves! I still haven't paired up the Pokémon I have in the PC (of which I have two more, a Roggenrola and a Staravia [Strength / Fly]), but will do that if they get on my team because... I'm sure Roselia and the others will convince them to ask for the same treatment.

I skipped some trainers here and there but still got rid of all Team Flare grunts. Their own name and style doesn't amount to anything good - you know already I like cold more - and I'm seriously starting to blame them for this heat wave. The levels started getting higher but once again, so far so good: for being still unevolved, Honedge hits very hard, while Meowstic, Roselia and Wartortle are well trained and can still put up a good fight. When I had to battle my neighbor Calem for... this Mega bracelet thing I've heard about, I went for a safe pick and used Wartortle and Roselia, but while fighting Korrina I felt lucky and went for a Honedge Swords Dance sweep - which worked! I felt slightly bad, because she was - just like me - so enthusiastic about skating everywhere, and her gym was a blast, but it had to be done if I want to reach Mountain Kalos before it's too late.

Now though she's told me to reach her again at the Tower of Mega Evolution or something, because she'll teach me stuff about it I believe. I don't really know what that entails, but it's going to be interesting I think. While I've never seen a Mega Evolution in action, the thought of having one myself makes my eyes sparkle.

Current team:
    wartortle.png
    budew.png
    pikachu.png
    honedge.png
    espurr.png
    luvdisc.png

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    GT Ruby Challenge - Part 2
    Well, so after beating Roxanne and rescuing some oldman's Wingull from Team Magma, I headed to the forest where I caught SLAKOTH the Slakoth and SHROOMISH the Shroomish, I didn't name them anything because I speedran the whole thing and forgot, but I'll do it in Slateport. Now you may wonder, which are the priority moves those two learn (and I asked myself the same thing at first, honestly), turns out Vigoroth is able to learn Endure by level up, that has a +4 priority, and the only exceptions I'm taking for this rule is Protect since nearly every Pokémon in Gen 3 learns that, and Breloom learns Mach Punch at some point of the game (If endure doesn't count tell me pls bc I kinda am not sure if the rule applies only to attacking moves or status moves are valid too).

By the way Slakoth and Shroomish both are the pair of Nameless Girls right now, while Bird and Plant are the pair of Creatively Named Pokémon (that one goes for my second rule, I think that's how it works).

Anyways, the Wingull's owner turned out to have a boat and offered to sail to Dewford so I can give Steven Stone some letter. After grinding a bit in Granite Cave, especially for the two new Pokémon I beat Brawly's Team with Bird only.
    Current Pairs:
    Creative Names:

1.Bird/Taillow (Female), Level 16 (Wing Attack, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack)
    2.Plant/Grovyle (Male), Level 17 (Pursuit, Fury Cutter, Absorb, Quick Attack)

Nameless Girls
    1. Slakoth (Female), Level 15 (Scratch, Yawn, Encore, Slack Off)
    2. Shroomish (Female), Level 17 (Mega Drain, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed)

Gonna choose a... herb this time! And move to room 45.

By the way, does the first rule mean that I can keep that Pokémon without necessarily having it with the priority move as long as it can learn it, or should I teach it permanently since the moment it's available for me?

Back