• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's explore more islands - GT Challenge

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    SECOND UPDATE

RULES:
    Nord contre Sud: Your Pokémon must form a pairs. Each member of a pair can only switch for the other member of the same pair.
    Tribal Wars (GLOBAL RULE): You can only use Pokémon that are considered Yellow, Green or Blue by Pokédex.

40px-Grass_Gym_logo.png
    40px-Water_Gym_logo.png

Well something happened to Pasta which made Soup really sad. But it's okay because then Soup found his new best friend Salad the Electrike. Soup and Salad spent a lot of time bonding as we trained and grinded for the next gym, beating Hop on the route in the process. Soup also evolved into Drednaw! Once we decided that we were good on levels we moved on and good the Gym Challenge in Hulbury! During the challenge Salad evolved into Manectric and with both Soup and Salad we took down Nessa.

We'll pick up a rock and I guess move back to number 27?

SALAD (MANECTRIC)
    Paired w/ Soup
    Electric
    Quirky | Static | Level 26
    Thunder Wave, Shock Wave, Bite, Quick Attack
    SOUP (DREDNAW)
    Paired w/ Salad
    Water/Rock
    Lonely | Strong Jaw | Level 27
    Headbutt, Water Gun, Bite, Rock Tomb

Last edited:
    Years

• RESCUED!
    (NEW GLOBAL RULE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED)

You got rescued by some Sinnoh sailors. At least something good happened. New Global Rule has been added, check your character on the map.

FORCES OF NATURE!

Before you can do anything, the ship is destroyed by another storm. You end up on a deserted island, all by yourself. And a nature that apparently wants to kill you. New Global Rule has been added, check your character on the map.

NOTE: This rule overwrites every Fire, Water, Grass or Electric-type ban done by non-Global Rules. Storm Problems' Fire-type ban is still active, if you haven't got past it.

5QWERTY HAS A POISONOUS PROBLEM
    While picking up the wood, 5qwerty found some poisonous berries. Not a good omen.

But ot was all worth it. There is a jackpot in this section. Everything you would ever want is here!
    Bag_Binding_Band_Sprite.png
    Wood manipulate your team
    Bag_Common_Stone_Sprite.png
    Rocks manipulate your movesets
    Bag_Strange_Souvenir_Sprite.png
    Ancient artifacts come with ultimate curses
    Bag_Revival_Herb_Sprite.png
    Herbs manipulate your gameplay
    Pick one resource to continue.

CANDY WILL EXPLODE
    Since she found a secret passage that lead her to a section full of flowers.

Not really a choice here...

WIZARDOFODD FOUND E.T.!
    WizardOfOdd found E.T. and decided to take it with him.

There is a jackpot in this section. Everything you would ever want is here!
    Bag_Strange_Souvenir_Sprite.png
    Ancient artifacts come with ultimate curses

IT'S GETTING TOO HOT FOR ELEANOR TO HANDLE
    She would rather face Lord of Calamity herself instead of being here on the island with a hot sun above her head.

She also found a small forest in the next section. Great, it's always good to have more wood. And there are herbs too.

CHR. DRACO IS LOSING WILL TO FIGHT
    This weather and all is taking a toll.

And there are only more rocks here. This way, Chr. Draco will sink soon.

CUBISM'S MESSAGE IS CLEAR
    The Totem seems to do more good than bad.

This part used to have a big bad black btriangle. Now, there are just some rocks and herbs.

SUPERJOLT'S TOTEM MAKES IT ALL ELEMENTARY
    At least it won't affect SuperJolt for now.

The mailbox here is empty now, but at least, there are still some herbs to be gathered.

ASH GOES BACK
    Not that it surprises anyone. This was pretty clearly a dead end.

This part used to have a big bad black btriangle. Now, there are just some rocks and herbs.

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • I started playing Flora Sky before all of the global rules kicked in, so...

Spoiler: The rules as of now
    1. Deux ans de vacances: You can only use NFE Pokémon from now on.
    This girl, Aera, just moved in to Small Town in, uh, let's call it Flora Sky region. The prologue is basically like Emerald except Aera found an illusion of Cresselia, then found by Professor Birch who got attacked by a Zigzagoon right in front of her (unlike in vanilla Emerald where the professor was already attacked by the time the MC got there). Aera took a Chimchar (whom later nicknamed Hiruzen) to defend themselves from the Zigzagoon. Upon officially getting the Chimchar, Aera fought the professor's son, Brendan, in what you would call a Tackle-fest battle.
    After getting a Pokedex and some Pokeballs from the father-and-son duo, she bumped into her other would-be-rivals, Sky and Wally. Unlike in Emerald though, Wally properly taught the MC how to catch a Pokemon (he had to borrow Hiruzen for it, though). And then the catchathon began on Aera's way to Puel City:

Spoiler: The catchathon #1
    • Gilda the Patrat (boxed in favor of Conny)
    • Conny the Zigzagoon
    • Yuuko the Starly
    • Vanessa the Ralts
    • Ritmo the Lotad
    As for the first checkpoint (read: gym), Puel City has a fighting type gym led by Martin. Vanessa managed to OHKO his Tyrogue and Yuuko dealt with his Scraggy easily. However, his Hitmonchan was quite a tough cookie because a Bulk Up-powered Tackle hits on my Ralts like a truck. Fortunately though, Vanessa's crit Confusion happened just when Martin healed his Hitmonchan with a Potion, so that's it. 🙃

chw6J8em.png

Spoiler: Aera's squad as of now

Hiruzen (level 10)
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Rash
    Moves: Scratch, Leer, Ember, Taunt

Conny (level 10)
    Ability: Pickup
    Nature: Quiet
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Headbutt

Yuuko (level 11)
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Bold
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Wing Attack

Vanessa (level 11)
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Calm
    Moves: Confusion, Growl, Double Team

Ritmo (level 10)
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Calm
    Moves: Astonish, Growl, Absorb

And now, lemme grab a rock and set sail to area 25~

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Short update because I'm lazy! I chose Turtwig because believe it or not I've never done so, despite loving him to bits! But that won't last with my new rules, so goodbye my beloved Spike... :(

gt-pokemon-1.png

On my way I picked up these little guys, who will tragically be boxed away for eternity... including my all-time favourite. :( I hope you're happy Janp

gt-pokemon-2.png
    gt-pokemon-3.png
    gt-pokemon-4.png
    gt-pokemon-5.png

Sooo I basically skipped all the dialogue and dashed straight through to Oreburgh this session, winning a shiny new Coal Badge! :D At least Spike had his chance to shine!

coal-badge.png

And this is Janp telling me off for being so slow! Please don't send me to the Shadow Realm!

too-slow.png

Janp said:

Can I teleport to room 7 please? :) And take that souvenir since there's no other choice... Sorry in advance for the curse, everyone!

And since the only non-global rule I have is Lord of the Flies, I will have that removed! Is Mutiny after every session, by the way? :o

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor - Badge #6

For the next segment, I'll pick up some wood and progress to Area #19!
    Other changes to the rules:
    - I've used the Rescue rule to remove "La Jangada" - which I believe is that rule that doesn't let you go back to previous areas
    - A Stunning Discovery and Storm Problems are dealt with for the segment I'm updating now and for the following ones
    - Fireless is overwritten by Forces of Nature

[fast update]

I beat Valerie finally. It was quite a short route to Laverre City actually, the only problem is... it was a swamp. This really tested my willpower but I still decided to skate through all the ponds and tall reeds (why is this possible?), and it worked! Got to see a random "haunted house" that was just a scam, too. The weather was getting more and more unbearable though. So, so hot. Mountain Kalos can't come soon enough! Or...

I'm starting to get a bit more used to this climate now. I even got a new cute dress to go along with it at the Laverre shop. And this means, it's time to finally go back to so many areas I've skipped before! Catch more Pokémon, items, and make sure I'm prepared for whatever comes next. I caught Electrike, Wingull, the three Elemental monkeys, and some more Pokémon that appear to be still wanting to come with me - yes, because most of the wild Pokémon don't even show up or run away from me. Weird, right?

In the end, I decided to swap Water Bottle with a better one. A Water Bottle and Torch, all in one Pokémon! I did fish for a Chinchou, evolved it and put it right on my team! I also changed up the pairs a bit, since some of my old friends like Blastoise and Roserade did want to fight with me after their resting period. I lost some more Pokémon like Meowstic and Malamar but... I'm feeling a bit better now. On the other hand though... I can't forget why I'm doing this! Getting used to or not, this is still not how Kalos should be! I can't even use Water type moves in battle, they evaporate! I don't know what is going on.

And yeah, this is why I ended up giving up on training new Pokémon and going right into the gym with just the pair of Raichu and Roserade. And it worked well, because I ended up beating the Gym anyways! Those two Pokémon really are strong. Now though, I'm needed at the Pokéball factory. That's what I've been told at least! I just hope I can get this through quickly, because I feel like even though I'm on a roll today, this is not going to continue for much longer.

Here's the fun part (hope it's ok to rearrange pairs outside of battle!)...
    Current team:
    raichu.png
    Yellow, Electric, knows Strength
    +
    roserade.png
    Green, Grass, knows Cut
    pansear.png
    Red, Fire, knows Cut
    +
    gloom.png
    Blue, Grass, knows Cut
    lanturn.png
    Blue, Water, knows Surf, Water 2 egg group = fish
    +
    weepinbell.png
    Green, Grass, knows Cut

Other Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Segment 4 and 5 - log:
    Noticing the new rules, I had a tough decision to make. Should I remove the Poionous Berries rule, allowing me to continue using my Tentacool, or should I remove the Don't Starve rule, which would allow me to use a plethora of new Pokémon? In the end, I got rid of the Don't Starve rule, allowing me to grab a Magikarp and start training it.

Ran a bunch so that Magikarp could level up and evolve to Gyarados. Smashed the rocks in Rusturf Tunnel so that I could get Strength, and taught it to my Electrike and Gyarados. Did all the stuff near the desert and all the way to Fallarbor and Meteor Falls. Then I did the Mt. Chimney stuff and also beat Flannery. Turns out you don't need Water-type moves to beat a Fire-type Gym, all you need is Strength and Dragon Rage. Then I beat my dad just like he beat me when I was a kid.

Team:
    Grovyle Lv 33:
    - Leaf Blade
    - Pursuit
    - Cut
    - Quick Attack

Gyarados Lv 33:
    - Dragon Rage
    - Tackle
    - Bite
    - Strength

Marill Lv 15:
    - Rock Smash
    - Water Gun
    - Tail Whip
    - Tackle

Electrike Lv 19:
    - Quick Attack
    - Leer
    - Thunder Wave
    - Howl

Boxed my Tentacool since I can't use it anymore. I have some other Magikarp and Marill sitting in the box as well.

Next I'll choose an artifact and move to 42, then choose artifact and move to 41.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    THIRD UPDATE

RULES:
    Nord contre Sud: Your Pokémon must form a pairs. Each member of a pair can only switch for the other member of the same pair. REMOVED BY RESCUED (GLOBAL RULE)
    Tribal Wars (GLOBAL RULE): You can only use Pokémon that are considered Yellow, Green, Red or Blue by Pokédex.
    Forces of Nature (GLOBAL RULE): All Pokemon except Electric, Water, Grass, and Fire are banned.

40px-Grass_Gym_logo.png
    40px-Water_Gym_logo.png
    40px-Fire_Gym_logo.png

So not much really happened between the second and third gym. Soup, Salad, and I went through the Galar Mines No. 2 and searched for new party members but none really caught our attention despite many of them being water. Something about Soup wanting to be the only one until we cover Grass and Fire typing? Thankfully our prayers were partially answered when we met Noodle the Sizzlipede. We just beat Kabu and received our third badge, so Noodle hasn't had any time to shine, but hopefully he'll be here for the long haul.

Anyways off to the Wild Area once we see what rules get slapped onto us next.

We'll pick up a herb and use the lighthouse to move to 25

SALAD (MANECTRIC)
    Electric
    Quirky | Static | Level 28
    SOUP (DREDNAW)
    Water/Rock
    Lonely | Strong Jaw | Level 30
    NOODLE (SIZZLIPEDE)
    Fire/Bug
    Gentle | White Smoke | Level 25
    Bite, Flame Wheel, Bug Bite, Coil

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2021
    Segment #2: Zephyrbadge -> Risingbadge
    L'île mystérieuse: Your team must have a whole ship crew and a ship. Aside from ship, this includes captain, first mate, sailors and chief cook and many others.
    Survival of the fittest: When your Pokémon faints, they must be permanently put in a box.
    GLOBAL ~ Tribal Wars: You can only use Pokémon that are considered Yellow, Green, Red or Blue by Pokédex.

This segment begin with two new rules. The first, Survival of the Fittest, was something to be careful of, but ultimately did not put a huge damper on my plans. The second, Tribal Wars, could easily have - however, luckily, my entire planned crew fit within these four colors. Capn Kidd, being already Yellow, continued to destroy everything in his path moving forward.

While the last segment was over quickly, this one was quite long. As soon as Falkner went down, I headed to Goldenrod City and took the train to Saffron City in Kanto. From there, I went and got an Old Rod from below Lavender Town. I went all the way back through to Johto and to Olivine City and got the Super Rod right after. Of course, I forgot to grab Surf while in Kanto, so I went to grab it from Fuchsia City, and on my way out, I found a Hoppip who I named Patty (after Patty Fleur from Tales of Vesperia, following the pirate/ship theme). As Hoppip eventually becomes Jumpluff (Blue), it's allowed under the Tribal Wars rule.

Now in Johto again, I decided to take down Clair. I headed to Blackthorn City and fished for a bit, catching Anne the Poliwag (Blue). With that out of the way, I entered into Blackthorn Gym. Capn Kidd was able to decimate most of the foes, although Patty got her chance to shine a bit too in the fight with Clair herself. Once it was over, we received our Risingbadge!

yZ40ITy.png

My next step on the Rocky Islands will be to take a Rock and move to 31!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Removed Rule: Le Phare du bout du monde
    Overwritten Rule: Don't drink sea water

Log Day 4:

Flappy and the funny fat Pokemon left me. At least I found my goldfish.

Some crazy mumbo jumbo must've happened. Water doesn't taste like salt anymore. And my Pokemon stopped trying to show off with their strongest moves.

Found a cute blue mouse. She's my new best friend. I call her Fuzzywinkles.
    Found a funny exploding ball. Wonder if I can find other exploding balls. Called it BOOM

Got to smash some rocks. Desert wind too much, need another route.

Found a poisonous ball. Something is preventing me from catching it, tho. Shame. I want more BOOMs.

Seafood evolved. He's doesn't flop around anymore. He also still can't shoot water.
    Fuzzywinkles evolved. She's a cute blue bunny now.

Some guy allowed me to make a base in a tree. This is my new home now.​
    Spoiler:

Saved a Professor from those "Team Aqua" folks. Met their rivals "Team Magma" as well.

Chased them up a volcano. Why does Magma leader have a Poochyena while Aqua leader has a Mightyena? Wish I hadn't eaten mine.

Reached Lavaridge. Fought the Gym Leader. BOOM evolved into a bigger ball along the way.​
    Spoiler:

That boy gave me goggles. Went exploring in desert. Found a fossil.
    Brought fossil to that corp in Rustboro. Thought the president might want another rock. He likes rocks I think.
    Some guy offered to revive it. I got a funny plant now.

Dad told me to beat his gym. Still don't know what these badges do but I have 4 of these so might as well finish.

Bought a bunch of ATK drugs to beat Dad's gym. Hooray drugs.​
    Spoiler:

The goldfish evolved into a bigger fish after the battle.

Met up with Wally outside. He dragged me all the way to Mauville. Man that kid is stronger than he looks.​

Spoiler:

Team
    MVPikachu the Cosplay Pikachu - Lv 37 ♀
    Quick Attack / Volt Switch / Discharge / Flying Press

Seafood the Gyarados - Lv 34 ♂
    Thrash / Strength / Bite / Dragon Rage

Not Seafood the Seaking - Lv 33 ♀
    Aqua Ring / Horn Attack / Waterfall / Water Pulse

Fuzzywinkles the Azumarill - Lv 34 ♀
    Aqua Tail / Bubble Beam / Dig / Play Rough

BOOM the Electrode - Lv 33
    Swift / Electro Ball / Volt Switch / Self-Destruct

Funny Plant the Lileep - Lv 22 ♂
    IDK I'm just keeping him here until he becomes a Cradily before I can use him.

Advance to room 12 and then room 6... and pick Herb for my two resources sigh...

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Segment 7 complete
    moving to room 26 and choosing rock as resource

rules active so far:
    lone survivor was only for first segment
    every resource counts + modern technology + L'Archipel en feu! + Roadblocks! + No will to fight = have been teaching my pokemon moves they were only able to use according to modern technology and every resource counts, due to roadblock taught my pokemon the hm moves they can learn avoiding to use them in battle, same as well with water and ice moves restriction in which even if they learn water moves I don't use them in battle. For fighting type moves there are no fighting moves in my current team.

MUTINY, STORM PROBLEMS, TRIBAL WARS, FORCES OF NATURE: team from the first segment is boxed, fish pokemon basculin, currently using ampharos leavanny and galvantula as yellow pokemon, basculin as green pokemon and ducklet as blue pokemon (not being used in battle, only for HM usage like surf and fly)

saving RESCUED for a future rule

so far followed the story to lentimas town since the main road to icirus city is blocked in black 2, defeated hugh at undella town, reached lacunosa town and fought zinzolin and a plasma grunt in a double battle, reached opelucid city and defeated gym leader drayden and obtained gym badge

picture summary:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Chapter 3
    Glad you removed the permadeath, huh?​

So this part starts with me taking all of my Pokemon back from PC, well not all but I kept almost everyone except Metang inside the PC. So with Proton the Plusle back inside the PC and the rest on my team again it's time for us to roll once more. With Rescuer erasing my Perma-death it was all in from now on. I believed I can play with perma-death on, I even said to those in the discord server that maybe removing permadeath is not a good idea. Think again boy... All before Geosenge is all easy, the route after that was horrible. Reflect, Protect, Powders, Power-up Punch, Payback, Retaliate... What's up with you guys? Can you guys chill? There's even a Monferno with Expert Belt on the route before Reflection Cave, we also get the TM Rock Polish on the way so that's great for Metang. Well after passing Reflection Cave and catching more fodders we arrive at Shalour Town.

Here we face some utter competition from none other than Serena and let me tell oh my... She almost break me... Shadow Ball - Psyshock Specs Meowstic? Dragon Tail Dragonair? Protean Greninja with Ice Punch and other coverage move? Oh my... It was amazing I was able to survive. And then the Gym Battle? It was kinda easy... Only one revive compared to the battle against Serena. Thankfully her Pokemon doesn't know Circle Throw or my Iron Defense stacking strat would be for naught. So that's all I guess, I'm moving forward one space to 42 and picking wood.

Current Team
    Braveheart (Metang) | Lvl.39 | Clear Body
    Held Item : Eviolite
    Zen Headbutt, Iron Defense, Rock Polish, Iron Head

And Proton the Plusle that I'm too lazy to list it's stat :D, the rest of my main team is on the box

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, there has been a nerf of Tribal Wars Global Rule - you can now use Red Pokémon as well. Also there should be 3 new Global Rules, but the last one of this trio would kinda negate both previous, so I decided to postpone that one. Also tomorrow will be exactly a week since we started and if everything will go well, new small map with a special quest will be revealed. Also I said screw it, I'm not probably starting my run any time soon, so I decided to turn my avatar into a new gameplay mechanic.

GIVE AND TAKE!

You found more people living on this island. Maybe you should give them a gift and make allies. Or kill them all! New Global Rule has been added, check your character on the map.

NOTE: You can't give away a rule you've been given by this rule. Also the rule you get will apply starting your next segment (but actually won't because of the next Global Rule).

IT'S YOUR FRIEND FRIDAY!

You found a friend. Now let's take on the rest of the island with them. New Global Rule has been added, check your character on the map.

NOTE: This rule applies for a next segment. So you'll get next badge with your old rules and then the badge after that with this rule.

SANIACHAN IS GETTING ON A BOAT
    Let's see where it takes her.

She gets to pretty empty beach. She can only grab more rocks or herbs here.

HYZENATHLAYANAHLA CLOVER GIVES EVERYONE A SMALL GIFT
    The funny part is no one knows what it is.

But this beach is littered with wood. And some rocks.

ELEANOR FINDS AN EMPTY ROOM
    It looks like someone forgot to put a super hard cursed totem here.

So take more wood, rocks and herbs

5QWERTY IS DESTROYING EVERYONES RUNS
    It's not even funny anymore.

I'll rather just put some rocks and herbs here, so he can't do any more damage.

ASH CRASHES ON THE SHORE
    But at least there are other people here.

Ash gets to pretty empty beach with only more rocks or herbs here.

BLUEWYVERN4 WILL NEED MORE FIREPOWER
    Rocks on this island are pretty sturdy. BlueWyvern4 will need more firepower to get past them.

There is a jackpot in this section. Everything you would ever want is here!

IT'S GETTING REALLY HARD FOR CANDY
    I mean two herbs? Really? Do you have any idea what they can give you?

BTW, there is a Janp in this section. If you poke him, he'll give you something special. And there are also pots here.
    Rancher_OD.png
    Poke Janp for a special gift
    Pick one resource (and decide if you want to poke Janp) to continue.

CHR. DRACO FOUND A WEIRD OLD ARTIFACT
    Not really a good thing. But it's almost over. So why shouldn't he keep it?

This beach... is pretty bare. More rocks. I really hope you won't sink right before finishing the run. You know what? I'll throw in some herbs too.

WIZARDOFODD's TEAM WAS HALVED
    That will probably hurt.

But you know what will hurt more? One of those rocks you will have to pick. Let's ignore Poké Dex here for now.

Last edited:

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Get Together Challenge Part 2

Current Rules:
    Lost technology - You can no longer use TMs.
    TRIBAL WARS (GLOBAL RULE) - You can only use Pokémon that are considered Yellow, Red, Green or Blue by Pokédex.
    RESCUED (GLOBAL RULE) - Pick one non-Global Rule and remove it from your list. (Removed Lost Technology rule)
    FORCES OF NATURE (GLOBAL RULE) - All Pokémon except Grass, Fire, Water and Electric-types are banned from now on.

With the addition of red colored Pokemon being allowed with the Tribal Wars rule, I took Pansear out of the box to use on my team. Defeated Team Plasma in the Dreamyard, battled Cheren on Route 3, and defeated Team Plasma again in Wellspring Cave! Wishing that Pansear had a better moveset... (No good Fire moves until level 23?) Shemie evolved into Dewott on the way!

Made it to Nacrene City, trained a bit in the outer Pinwheel Forest Area, then defeated N in front of the museum/gym. Shemie took down Lenora with little issue!

Current Team:

Spr_5b_502.png

Shemie ♂ Lv. 24
    - Tackle
    - Tail Whip
    - Water Gun
    - Razor Shell

Spr_5b_513.png

Pansear ♂ Lv. 16
    - Scratch
    - Leer
    - Fury Swipes
    - Incinerate

Take an herb and go back to 27

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    GT Ruby Challenge - Segment 5

User: Cubism
    Team: Tundra Town
    Rules:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    There's really not much to say here, because well, it's Norman's Gym. Directly after Flannery's. However, I still went to explore the desert where I caught Cacti the Cacnea and I also caught Numel the well... Numel.

In the end Norman's gym was taken down by Breloom, tho.
    Current Pairs:
    Creative Names:

1.Dog/Manectric(Male), Level 29 (Spark, Thunderwave, Odor Sleuth, Shock Wave)
    2.Plant/Grovyle (Male), Level 28 (Pursuit, Rock Smash, Absorb, Screech)

Nameless Girls
    1. Pelipper (Female), Level 28 (Growl, Water Gun, Supersonic, Protect)
    2. Breloom (Female), Level 29 (Mach Punch, Flash, Headbutt, Leech Seed)

Rookies
    1. Numel (Male), Level 26 (Focus Energy, Tackle, Ember, Magnitude)
    2.Cacti/Cacnea (Female), Level 27 (Growth, Leech Seed, Ingrain, Pin Missile)

Used the Rescued Rule to get rid of Ancient Magic, and gonna be giving the Norde contre Sud rule to WizardOfOdd I'm also picking a herb this time and moving to room 25 using the lighthouse

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor - Badge #7

For the next segment, I'll pick up some wood and progress to Area #13! I've also swapped one rule with chr.draco, who has 7 badges at the moment (I have 6 so we're rather close), as per "give or take" global rule.

Current Rules:
    Spoiler:

This was another fast update, where I cleared out some routes quite easily, got some questionable moveset choices, got a Super Rod and caught a Gyarados with it, and dealt with some more Team Flare - starting from the Pokéball factory, which I also cleared quite easily. Frozen Cave was finally a decently cold place, the problem of course was that it was underground and that roller blades obviously don't go well with ice floors. I just used my strongest Pokémon and trained them up more and more, letting the rest of my team stay in the back and use the Exp. All. I didn't even notice that my Pansear had disappeared! It was the only Fire type I still had access to, but it's probably for the better: I don't need more heat around me.

Most of the fights were, therefore, rather easy. Only the Gym Leader Olympia, with her screens, turned out to be quite troublesome at first - but Raichu and Roserade still managed to win me the next Badge! I'm getting more and more into Mountain Kalos now, hoping to find even better spots for me to stay in, but... I've also heard that Team Flare is also up to something bad. I mean, they're named "Flare", why wouldn't they be involved in all the heat waves? I better check up on them. I better...

My Pokémon have disappeared! All but a single one. I left them at a Pokémon center to rest for the night and this is what I wake up to? My Lucario (who I haven't seen in a while) is the only Pokémon left, of all things. So... I don't know, I guess I'll use it? I can't give up just now.

Current team:
    raichu.png
    Yellow, Electric, knows Strength
    +
    roserade.png
    Green, Grass, knows Cut
    blastoise.png
    Blue, Water, knows Strength
    +
    gloom.png
    Blue, Grass, knows Cut
    lanturn.png
    Blue, Water, knows Surf, Water 2 egg group = fish
    +
    azumarill.png
    Blue, Water, knows Strength

Other Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Segment 6 - log:
    Spoiler:

I'll move to 47 and pick rock.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Segment N°8 Complete:

current rules:
    Spoiler:

It's my last segment, just for formalities I'll choose rock (going to use all of them agaisnt team plasma and the elite 4) and will move to room 29. Friday global rule also allows to ignore the following rules for this segment.

summary: after defeating drayden team plasma attacked, froze opelucid city and stole the DNA splicers. Continued story towards Humilau city, defeated the gym leader Marlon and got 8th badge.

will post picture soon

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Okay so... Uh, not in the mood to do long updates cause I potentially did a dumb - dumb. So Ramos done with 3 Pokemon, I actually solo-ed it with Metagross with the item Metronome. So the next one is the friday section... I finished Clemont with Blaziken solo (No Mega) easily for my 5th Badge. And so here's the conundrum, I forgot if I have to take one rock, finish the part then report or I can just blaze through, and I just did before I remembered. So do I have to take two rocks here, or? Well, either way the rule I'm getting is the one from Cube, Nord Contre Sud which requires me to make pairs. I'm moving to space 43 after picking one (and hopefully not two rocks)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I hope it's alright if I stick both these updates together since the Friday rule negates everything else and I wasn't sure if you were giving anything between the fourth and fifth update because of it. If so I suppose just give me both at once? And also I kinda just blazed through my solo bit because it was such a short segment ahah.

RULES:
    Nord contre Sud: Your Pokémon must form a pairs. Each member of a pair can only switch for the other member of the same pair. REMOVED BY RESCUED (GLOBAL RULE)
    Tribal Wars (GLOBAL RULE): You can only use Pokémon that are considered Yellow, Green, Red or Blue by Pokédex.
    Forces of Nature (GLOBAL RULE): All Pokemon except Electric, Water, Grass, and Fire are banned.
    Shipwrecked!: You can no longer buy items, with only exception being right before facing E4, when you can buy 10 Full Restores and 10 Revives.
    Give and Take: Give one of your non-Global Rules to another player of your choice with equal or similar number of Badges as you. Please be kind and inform them of this gift of yours. GIVEN TO CANDY AFTER FOURTH UPDATE
    It's Friday: For the next segment, ignore all other rules (both Global and non-Global) and pick one Pokémon. You have to solo that segment with it.
    Beware of poisonous berries: You can no longer use Poison-type Pokémon on your team. RECEIVED BY 5QWERTY AFTER FOURTH UPDATE
    40px-Grass_Gym_logo.png
    40px-Water_Gym_logo.png
    40px-Fire_Gym_logo.png
    40px-Ghost_Gym_logo.png
    40px-Fairy_Gym_logo.png

FOURTH UPDATE

A lot of things happened this time! First thing we did was go back and grab a teammate that we wanted to get before continuing. It took us a while, but eventually we found and caught Cobbler the Applin! During the hunt Noodle went ahead and quickly evolved into Centiskorch on top of that! With Cobbler and the evolved Noodle in tow we made our way out into the Wild Area.

We kinda zipped through it for the time being since none of the Pokemon out there was in our interest so it didn't take long for us to get to Hammerlocke. After meeting with a few people like Rose, Bede, and the like we stopped by and spoke with this guy who wanted to get an Applin to some girl. Hesitantly we gave him Cobbler, and thank god he gave her back along with something to evolve her! So Cobbler soon enough evolved into Appletun. With the newly evolved Cobbler in tow we made our way to the next route and beat up some Team Yell and then trainers along the way.

Once we got to Stow-on-Side we made a quick trip to the Pokemon Center to talk to this dude that gave us some Drake Fossils. With those and the Fish Fossils we found on the route prior we went back to that route and revived the fifth member of our team, Caviar the Dracovish. Caviar and Cobbler were still kinda low in levels, so we went back into the Wild Area for a good grind until they were up to par with everyone else.

After the grind we finally went back to Stow-on-Side and went to go face Hop who seems to be having a lot of trouble after his defeat with Bede. Poor guy. Can't wait for him to get over it and put his actual Partner back on his team. Anyways with him defeated we went up to go and face Allister who was defeated easily enough with half the team knowing the move Bite.

With Allister defeated we prepare for the next segment by putting everyone but Noodle in the box. With the next Gym being Fairy and Noodle having some resistant we felt like he would be the best Friend for this!

We'll pick up a rock and use the lighthouse to move to 31. On top of that Candy will be given the rule Shipwrecked!

SALAD (MANECTRIC)
    Electric
    Quirky | Static | Level 35
    SOUP (DREDNAW)
    Water/Rock
    Lonely | Strong Jaw | Level 38
    NOODLE (CENTISKORCH)
    Fire/Bug
    Gentle | White Smoke | Level 36
    Bite, Flame Wheel, Bug Bite, Venoshock
    CAVIAR (DRACOVISH)
    Water/Dragon
    Lax | Strong Jaw | Level 32
    Ancient Power, Water Gun, Protect, Bite
    COBBLER (APPLETUN)
    Grass/Dragon
    Sassy | Ripen | Level 34
    Apple Acid, Leech Seed, Recover, Body Slam

FIFTH UPDATE

So this was an easy segment for me thankfully for the solo run. Noodle first beat up Bede's Pokemon by biting all of them with Bug Bite. Then getting through Glimwood Tangle was a piece of cake because Noodle just Flame Wheeled everything. And then Noodle continued to Flame Wheel everything during the gym match with Opal. The only difficult thing was Togekiss and it's darn Ancient Power, but we powered through that and successfully obtained the Fairy Badge. Now to grab our team members and see what awaits us now.

If moving to another space beyond I'll take any resource and then move to 34.

Showing just Noodle's stats since he was the solo during this segment. Everyone else stayed the same, of course.
    NOODLE (CENTISKORCH)
    Fire/Bug
    Gentle | White Smoke | Level 40
    Bite, Flame Wheel, Bug Bite, Venoshock

Back