• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's go shopping!

Outlier

Clothes, games, groceries ect. How often do you go shopping and what do you usually buy when you're out and about?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I try not to shop too often, but every now and then, I'll splurge really bad. Like on Monday, I went broke after buying a whole bunch of clothes. ;_; Aside from the occasional splurge, I really don't spend my money on much other than food. And even that's expensive, ugh.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I shop for games, clothes, and such about two or three times every month, depending on how much money I have left to spare. As for groceries, we do that twice every week, and sometimes three. When we're out for grocery shopping, we usually don't buy much things; just some milk, eggs, paper towels, oil, sugar, etc. Y'know, things that you need every day. :P

Years
  • Snacks, Energy Drinks, Video Games, Pop (Soda). I'm a horrible person when I go shopping, I buy everything I HAVE to buy..and a LOT of extras ._. Tend to not go clothes shopping though, I don't like a huge wardrobe.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I always tend to save my money to buy Accessories or new movies DVDs and Games DVDs to play on my play!

So shopping for useless things will be the last thing i'll be doing in my life!

Years
  • I don't go shopping as often as I used to; maybe once every month actually. The only times I will go shopping is for games :P Only go clothes shopping when I go out to Toronto or during season changes when I start needing new clothes.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • Hmm well aside from the usual utter rubbish that I buy,
    I usually get something to read, like a new book, then a tonne of food, and something to sharpen and shine my sword with, then some random school stuff like paper and such, I almost never buy clothes but I need it so much.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Clothes I usually only buy three times a year in bulk. Before school starts fall semester for warmer clothes, during Christmas time because just how cheap everything is, and before spring semester starts for more spring-summer type clothing. And even then, it's rare that I go three times.

But I enter a shop just about every day. Groceries, food, essential items like toothpaste, shampoo, and other things like that.

Yukari

I rarely ever go shopping. When I do I usually buy video games, like Starcraft 2.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I HATE shopping. When i do go shopping, it's either a gal or an urge to play a new PS game that drags me to the mall.

Years
  • I hatehate clothes shopping. :( So in regards to clothing I really only go when I absolutely have to. On that note I.. probably should go sometime soon because I keep wearing the same pair of jeans. Too attached to those and the others aren't really that comfortable, especially since they feel too loose and stretchy. Needing new boots sometime but it's kind of late for that since winter'll be ending soon.

As far as food goes I'd say we go every week or so now, having five people in the family and all. Food disappears faaaast around here.

But games! How I wish I could go game shopping more often but each game costs too much on its own. I would go broke quickly. :D; Guessing like once every 1-2 months, usually ending with me not buying anything.

Years
  • Most of the time these days when I'm out and about with shopping, it's usually buying food or school supplies, no joke. I haven't gone clothes shopping in ages now, and my wardrobe has remained the same for nearly two years now haha

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • I kill a lot of time in the shopping centre, between music lessons and college and all that. I sometimes look at clothes, but very rarely actually buy anything. What I mainly buy is snacks and drinks. Like doughnuts, biscuits, pizza rolls, iced coffee, all that jazz.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Groceries - my family tends to go once a week, we just buy enough food to last the week - once in a while I'll buy an extra treat for myself (mainly one of the frozen "tv dinners" or something from the Hot Deli section)

Clothing - very rarely, most of my clothes I buy online since I can't never find them on stores, on the rare occations I do find them, they are extremely overpriced. I buy mainly Pokemon shirts, TV Shirts (of shows I like), movie shirts, music t-shirts, or Sports Jerseys.

Games - maybe once a month if I have money left over - and its usually Pokemon X or Pokemon Y

Other Personal spending - such as my Pokemon plushies, Pokemon cards, junk food, or ferret pet bedding/toys/other pet supply - I may end up buying once a month, on my Pay Day at the beginning of the month.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • I spend most of my money buying rounds of drinks for people. :P I buy most presents on notonthehighstreet.com and buy most of my clothes from a bundle of 5 shops. I don't like shopping.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I never really go out shopping. All my clothes are years old, and all my food I get from the dining hall or elsewhere. I'll shop online though, and buy stuff off of Amazon like once a month to give me something to look forward to.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Aaaah, I don't get to shop for fun things too often.

Most of the shopping I do is groceries, and that happens every day, nearly, because I work as a cashier in a grocery store. So. Whoopie. xD;

There is a local mall, and once every few months I go there with friends, but we don't always spend much money.

Back