• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LET'S NOT FORGET THE POPCORN NOW~

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
  • I hope this is the right place for this. I asked Lightning and she told me to put it here. If it fits the Entertainment discussion, feel free to move it there. XD

Anyway, what are your favorite snacks when you go to a movie theatre? :O

For me, I like the traditional buttered popcorn and cherry coke. :D Sometimes I also get mini crunch bites too... but that depends on how much money my dad has. We usually share one bag of popcorn though. XD

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • Nerds rope, rootbeer (no ice), Crunch bars, and regular Nerds candy boxes

The movie must be rated Pg-13+ and satisfy my taste, and I usually go for seconds when I pig out too much

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Unless I'm on a date or something, I typically go all out at the movies.

A pretty decent-sized bucket of popcorn drenched in butter and glistening in salt, some kind of chocolate candy, and the largest proportioned drink available are the perfect compliments to any flick. Horror, comedy, or action, it's all good with this award-winning combination. Heck, it deserves an Oscar itself. :D

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I never buy any concessions at the movies because they're so expensive. Even a small box of popcorn is like $6, and drinks are like $4, and I refuse to pay that much, so I just go in and see the movie without snacking on anything.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah... I rarely splurge and see movies in theatres in the first place so I definitely don't bother with the concession stand.

It's much cheaper to just smuggle your own snacks in. :p And in this case, a box of Smarties or a chocolate bar works just fine.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Not being the only one, I feel a bit more relieved. I never usually go to the theater concession stands and purchase much if anything from there. The price is quite high, even for a bag of Twizzlers the price can be ridiculous (and it isn't even something large). I tend to just fit in some small snack such as a chocolate bar or candy pack of some sort in my pocket. As for a drink, I just avoid anything that will make me thirsty because paying $4.00 for a large drink is quite overpriced.

If I had to buy something, which is quite rarely, it would be Nachos and Cheese. I do admit to enjoying the subtle spice flavor the cheese gives, with it's warm and creamy mixture in the Nachos.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I get the same thing when I go to the movies. I get a super-large popcorn with extra butter, for one. I find popcorn the most essential food to bring into the movie theater. Of course, I need a bottle of water to wash down any bit of popcorn that gets lodged in my throat. Oh, but popcorn alone is oh so buttery and overbearing, so I let's get started with the candy! I usually get whatever gummy candy there is to buy at that particular time. Sometimes it's gummy worms, other times it's gummy bears, and sometimes it's sour patch. With my popcorn, water, and gummy candy, I'm ready to go watch my movie!

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I never buy any concessions at the movies because they're so expensive. Even a small box of popcorn is like $6, and drinks are like $4, and I refuse to pay that much, so I just go in and see the movie without snacking on anything.

Yeah... it's the same way here. Most of the time when I go with my dad, he tells me I can only get a bag of popcorn and a drink. Because its like so expensive just to get anything else... especially when the movie itself is just as expensive. D:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I would go to a movies with a pack of Sour Skittles and either a medium-sized Root Beer or large-sized Dr. Pepper.

If I'm out with my friends or date, we'll share a large-sized popcorn and separate medium-sized drinks of our choice.

Years
  • Since it's usually someone else paying for it, I just mooch off their popcorn. On the rare occasion they get candy, I usually get Reeses Pieces. And, despite getting popcorn, I usually don't get a drink.

If I went to a movie now, I probably wouldn't eat anything, simply because I'd have a heart attack when looking at the prices. Everything's more expensive when you're not the one paying for it. XD;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I myself hardly go to the movie theater much anymore unless somebody bothers to pay for my ticket it's usually with a family member. Anyways we usually just bring our own candy in, paying that much for stuff at the movies is quite overpriced ew. Usually something fruity like candy such as Starbursts are fine for me if I do want something to snack on.

Ayselipera

There is usually a convenient store always near by a movie theatre. So I take the cheap way out and buy chips and something sweet plus a water. If I'm really craving movie popcorn I'll go and get some. That's a rare moment though.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • As a snack? Nothing. I just smuggle in a bottle of water from home.

If we purposely go at lunchtime though, and I haven't eaten before hand, I just pick up a hot dog.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Well, I'm not allowed to eat popcorn at the moment, so I can't have that. I usually don't get anything, but I sometimes get myself a small Pepsi Max for a drink.

I don't really see why I should spend too much money on buying silly snacks for a an hour or two. I mean, it's just a film. Why should we suddenly go all out and start snacking and drinking the whole time?

So yes, sometimes a drink, but most of the time nothing.
    xX

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I rarely get anything to eat or drink during a movie, but I usually get plain popcorn.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Just some chocolate, and a coka cola. XD

Years
  • I usually buy popcorn from the movies because you can't really have it warm and smuggle it in at the same time, whereas with drinks and other snacks you can sneak in. But apart from popcorn I avoid the store at the movies because it's always so expensive. It's worse than the school canteen and that's saying something.

Back