• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Play Games I'm Horrible At

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
  • Be sure to check out the Let's Play Repository as well.

Well if you're in the thread I guess you can tell that this isn't the usual fare from me. I've decided to try my hand at video LPing, whether it's of quality or not I don't know however - you'll have to tell me what you think of it. And for those of you who read my Quartz LP, don't worry, that LP has been going on for far longer and will absolutely take precedence over this project; I'll only be making these videos when I happen to have a little free time and don't feel up to playing Quartz.

Well, without further adieu - here it is:

Let's Play Games I'm Horrible At - 1 - Them There Fish With Their Metroids

Last edited:

Yuoaman

Years
  • Vid working fine, watching it now. I finally know how to pronounce your name now =P
    Will post commentary later.

Yeah, in every voice based discussion I've had with someone online I've had to say my name for them. IT IS NOT ONE MANY CAN EASILY PRONOUNCE.

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
    Years
  • Alright, watched the entire thing. First off, see if you can increase the size of the game window, it's horribly small, I can't even read your health unless it says 00 and you die.
    Edit: Forget that, I was apparently watching an earlier version of the vid. It's fine now.
    Second, if you're going to play a 2D Metroid game, I strongly suggest playing Metroid Zero Mission instead of the original version. The original game is blatantly unfair with invisible pits and some really bad mechanics, as you've already pointed out. Zero Mission removes these issues, it's much more enjoyable that way.
    Your commentary is good, though I kinda hoped you'd freak out more when you died. =P

Yuoaman

Years
  • Alright, watched the entire thing. First off, see if you can increase the size of the game window, it's horribly small, I can't even read your health unless it says 00 and you die.
    Edit: Forget that, I was apparently watching an earlier version of the vid. It's fine now.
    Second, if you're going to play a 2D Metroid game, I strongly suggest playing Metroid Zero Mission instead of the original version. The original game is blatantly unfair with invisible pits and some really bad mechanics, as you've already pointed out. Zero Mission removes these issues, it's much more enjoyable that way.
    Your commentary is good, though I kinda hoped you'd freak out more when you died. =P

I chose this game precisely because I knew I would suck hard at it. :laugh:

And I edited out a lot of my freaking out, since I want this to be a little more 'child-friendly' or whatever than my screenshot LPs. In fact there was about a two minute stretch of me being silent until I fell pretty much to the bottom of the area and then just yelled "JESUS ****". I did keep in the one time I remembered to censor myself a little; Hence them fortune cookies.

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
    Years
  • I know you suck at it, I can easily tell. xD
    The problem is that a lot of difficulty comes from the cheap shots the game gets. The invisible floor is easily the worst. It's going to get really annoying later, to the point where you just get sick of the game at times. That likely won't be fun to watch. It's much more entertaining if you die because you suck at the game, like the awesome death in the dead end room you went to. The death where you fell into the pit you couldn't possibly know was there, however, was just cheap and had nothing to do with your own skill.
    Zero Mission is still a fairly difficult game, it just takes away those cheap elements. That's why I recommend it - if you die in ZM, it's your own fault, not the game's.
    If you want to play a game that gets all of its difficulty from glitches and horrible mechanics, play Superman 64 or Cheetah Man, those are hilarious because of the flaws they have. Those are games where every death is just a cheap shot by the game. Just don't play a game that has a combination of real difficulty and cheap kills unless you have some experience with those/are a complete nostalgia freak.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • I'll only be making these videos when I happen to have a little free time and don't feel up to playing Quartz.
    So, pratically everytime?
    And, woah, your voice is different from what I had imagined:shocked:.
    And like Kholdy said, I suggest to try zero mission (it has also sexy good cutscene ready to be commented) or if you prefer the retro style, super metroid.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I enjoyed watching this, ha ha. The commentary was really funny.

Yeah, i'm not too great at Metroid myself, which you seemed to be doing much better than what I could do.

Yuoaman

Years
  • Yeah the silences were usually me saying the humorous things in my head rather than out loud. I forgot I wasn't taking screenshots for a little while. D:

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Humor was a bit dry here as compared to Quartz.
    Also, why don't you try Kid Icarus? >:D
    (The original, not Myths and Monsters)

anthony12306

HackER In Progress
    Years
  • Love the WHOLE idea of this (Or these) LPs, it's always fun to see someone play games they aren't so good at! :D
    I wanna see someone play some Contra real soon...

Yuoaman

Years
  • Oh man, more videos:

Let's Play Games I'm Horrible At - 2 - Metroid: Zero Mission A - What is This Nonsense?

Let's Play Games I'm Horrible At - 2 - Metroid: Zero Mission B - I Didn't Take Sci Fi Mapology

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Dude-You just became my favorite LPer of all time, I just love your commentary.

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
    Years
  • Oh god, you nearly died on wimp mode. xD
    It's amazing seeing someone do a blind run of a game I thought everyone had already seen. Every single time you ran past that red door, I had to refrain from shouting SHOOT A MISSILE AT IT YA DOPE.
    Great job. At least now when you failed, it was thanks to your own stupidity. =P

Edit: Oh, suggestion. You may want to make a thread on the LP group where people can suggest/discuss games you should play.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

Years
  • Oh god, you nearly died on wimp mode. xD
    It's amazing seeing someone do a blind run of a game I thought everyone had already seen. Every single time you ran past that red door, I had to refrain from shouting SHOOT A MISSILE AT IT YA DOPE.
    Great job. At least now when you failed, it was thanks to your own stupidity. =P

Edit: Oh, suggestion. You may want to make a thread on the LP group where people can suggest/discuss games you should play.

Wait... DAMMIT PRIME 3. I thought it required heat because... y'know... it was red and whatnot.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Dude-You just became my favorite LPer of all time, I just love your commentary.

I'd say exactly this if Raocow didn't exist but OH WELL. Enjoy second place :D

Your videos are awesome. And that "Why don't you just shoot the door" feeling... XD Priceless.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

Years

• I'd say exactly this if Raocow didn't exist but OH WELL. Enjoy second place :D

Your videos are awesome. And that "Why don't you just shoot the door" feeling... XD Priceless.

Haha, every time I passed that door I would think "I know I have to go in there, BUT WHERE IS THE POWER UP I NEED???" FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFortune cookies.

And a new video is up:

Let's Play Games I'm Horrible At - 3 - Contra - Doors Shouldn't Have Tentacles

Alright, another one of these whatchamathings. I apologize for the drop in quality of the commentary during the latter parts of the video, but man this game. :(

Back