• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's see how this site fares (RMT)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Earthquake on Gliscor hits with more power on Forretress and Scizor than a Super-Effective Fire Fang (although not Bronzong since he's a levitating Pokemon), I'd replace Fire Fang for U-Turn/Ice Fang/Stone Edge/Knock Back, any useful move on Gliscor not Fire Fang

Fire fang is for scizor who can 2hko with sd bullet punch.

Nice sig bw ;) lol.

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
    Earthquake on Gliscor hits with more power on Forretress and Scizor than a Super-Effective Fire Fang

I don't understand what you're getting at?

STAB Earthquake = 150 Base Power
    4X S.E. Fire Fang = 260 Base power

EQ from Gliscor roughly 3-4HKOs Scizor, who can just SD away and use Bullet Punch which as D_A said can possibly 2HKO Gliscor, Fire Fang 2HKOs in return.

Fire Fang also allows you to still counter Heracross and Breloom.

(although not Bronzong since he's a levitating Pokemon),
    Which is why Taunt is really viable on Gliscor, as then you can attack it where all it can do is use Gyro Ball and Gliscor can just Roost that damage off easily. It also stops Skarmory from setting up, and Gyarados switch ins from using Dragon Dance.

I'd replace Fire Fang for U-Turn/Ice Fang/Stone Edge/Knock Back, any useful move on Gliscor not Fire Fang
    U-Turn is better saved with use with Taunt, Ice Fang doesn't do anything anymore since Garchomp is gone, and Stone Edge is bad on pokes who aren't sweeping.

Last edited:

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
    DDTar should be late game, yes. That Gliscor should have 148 HP/126 Def EVs.

Reason why please as I see no use for that EV spread

How much does LO EQ do to 132/252 Bold Vaporeon anyway?

God I hate opening up the damage calculator >_> but here it is:

Max Atk+1 LO Gyara EQ vs 132 Hp, 252 Def Bold Vappy
    Damage: 224 - 264
    Damage: 51.85% - 61.11%

Max Atk+1 LO Gyara EQ vs 252 Hp, 252 Def Bold Vappy
    Damage: 224 - 264
    Damage: 48.28% - 56.90%

And most Vaporeon's aren't designed to take on Mixmence. If they were, they'd have Ice Beam.

This is true, Mixmence (and now even SpecsMence!) remains quite an issue for my team, and in the mean time while I've been shoddying, I've noticed that the standard Gengar has become a real big hassle to take down if my Scizor is down has been statused

Guts+Cross Chop is just plain bad on Machamp due to the 70% hit rate. The first set of the two is better here and the speed is actually rather useless on it IIRC.

Hit rate is 80% IIRC, I still went with DynamicPunch + No Guard though. The Speed helps to outspeed Blisseys running 4 Spd or Machamps that run 4 Spd to beat Bliss.

Not seeing the point of the 191 Spd on Scizor. If it is utility Heatran and you switch in, they'll switch out as they'll know you're faster. Add to the fact of how rare the mentioned Heatran is and you are just making up a silly speed number and misplacing EVs.

I've noticed this is also true, I need a new Spd number for my Scizor to hit... or maybe I shouldn't invest in Spd at all and just go for Hp for more bulkyness. What do you guys think?

Earthquake on Gliscor hits with more power on Forretress and Scizor than a Super-Effective Fire Fang (although not Bronzong since he's a levitating Pokemon), I'd replace Fire Fang for U-Turn/Ice Fang/Stone Edge/Knock Back, any useful move on Gliscor not Fire Fang

STABed Earthquake = 100 x 1.5 = 150 BP
    Fire Fang = 65 x 2 x 2 = 260 BP

I can't risk relying on EQ to be my main form of offense to taking out Scizors because it's nowhere near a 2HKO making it quite unreliable, and on a side note, I've been seeing a large number of Roosting/Morning Sun variants lately.

Which is why Taunt is really viable on Gliscor, as then you can attack it where all it can do is use Gyro Ball and Gliscor can just Roost that damage off easily. It also stops Skarmory from setting up, and Gyarados switch ins from using Dragon Dance.

This is actually a really good idea, but I don't think Gliscor would be the best candidate to pull this off since his primary role in the team has already been decided and I don't see what I could remove even if I needed Taunt on him.

Last edited:

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Whoops, I TRULY lost my mind... I don't know what was my mind focused on at that point, I'm truly sorry

Back