• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about cars.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
    So yeah. Cars you have, cars you like, stories about driving, et cetera. I'll start off, I guess.

I've got my wonderful Mazda RX-7 convertible. Only 89,000 miles on it since 1990, 1.3L rotary engine, 5-speed standard transmission, rear-wheel-drive, and it was immaculate even when I bought it a couple months ago.

View attachment 69417

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    So yeah. Cars you have, cars you like, stories about driving, et cetera. I'll start off, I guess.

I've got my wonderful Mazda RX-7 convertible. Only 89,000 miles on it since 1990, 1.3L rotary engine, 5-speed standard transmission, rear-wheel-drive, and it was immaculate even when I bought it a couple months ago.

View attachment 69417

Cool bro. Always loved the RX-7's. Can't say I'm a fan of convertibles, but cool anyways.

Last year I owned a 98' Pontiac Bonneville. ****in' car looked like **** on wheels, but damn it was the best car I've ever drove. And being a mechanic, I've drove plenty of 2013 model cars, they all look good, but drive like ****. (I mean seriously, I drove a 2 day old Ford Fusion with a auto transmission and the ****er wouldn't even shift into 2nd, found myself stuck going 20 in the middle of the highway, they just don't make cars like they used to I suppose).

The Bonneville had a 3.8L V6 engine, this thing could get up and move. When I owned this thing, I drove it hard. There was one time when me and a buddy where a bit tipsy and driving down some back roads. This particular back road we were on was in the middle of a steep valley and there's this one turn that goes steeply downhill, there's a sharp left at the bottom of the hill, and right after that turn, the hill makes a steep incline back up. Well my buddy dared me to try and make that turn without using my brakes, so I did it. We where flying down that hill at 80 mph. Long story short, I ran a truck off the road into a ditch. The end.

Years
    I drive a 2011 Nissan Versa with nothing fancy to it (the only things automatic in it are the transmission and the mirrors), but I like driving it and it fits me well. It has between 51,000 and 52,000 miles on it at the moment, too.

A few weeks ago, though, I was stranded in a parking lot because the battery in it died. The battery in the vehicle was the original one that came with the car, too, so that wasn't surprising. I managed to get it jump-started with enough juice to get me home, and when my parents got home from work they got it replaced and it's been running fine since. :)

I'll post a pic later, maybe.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I personally prefer bikes. I mean, I always felt uncomfortable inside the car (stories of motion sickness follow) so I'll make it a point to own both a bike and a car. However, I'd only use the car to pick up relatives, etc.

Perhaps an efficient yet moderately fast car would do for me.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I hate cars. I hate driving. I have the notion of driving. I hate thinking about driving. If I never had to do it in my entire life, I absolutely wouldn't. Everything about it is horrible and stressful and I don't want to do it. That's the only reason I hate cars, is because I hate driving. If cars could fly, or teleport, I would love cars.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I have a 2003 Honda Accord, nothing spectacular but she's held up pretty decently c;

My dad's always had classic cars, he had a Bonneville when I was little and he got a '71 SS Chevelle shortly afterward. Neither of those cars compare to my uncle's custom kit Cobra, though :b

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I have a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier. It's a pretty crappy car and it's about to die :(
    I bought it with my own $1k when I was 15, and I was super excited. It has nothing automatic (besides the thingy that makes it move) and there is no CD player. Ugh. I've already had to replace the brakes and they're about to go again and it leaks power steering fluid like mad. I'll probably have to get a new one soon, espeically since I moved like 3 hours away from home and it can't take that kind of journey anymore. (And I don't feel safe in it too)

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
    Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    I drive a 2011 Nissan Versa with nothing fancy to it (the only things automatic in it are the transmission and the mirrors), but I like driving it and it fits me well. It has between 51,000 and 52,000 miles on it at the moment, too.

A few weeks ago, though, I was stranded in a parking lot because the battery in it died. The battery in the vehicle was the original one that came with the car, too, so that wasn't surprising. I managed to get it jump-started with enough juice to get me home, and when my parents got home from work they got it replaced and it's been running fine since. :)

I'll post a pic later, maybe.

I think its nice enough to actually drive one yep That must be really expensive good car I have to say humm I could understand i feel sorry for you dude that's good you are getting it replaced

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Namely, let's talk about this car:
    Spoiler:

The '69 Dodge Charger.

Oh- and Insomniac, are you thinking something like this?
    Spoiler:

The Obsidian Mustang

James.

Years
    Ah yeah, cars. There's certainly a love-hate relationship with those things; I work on them for a living so there are days that I love them and some days I'd rather push them off a cliff. XD But at the end of the day I still love them.

I'm a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury guy (Explorers/Mountaineers especially; I'd love to buy a Towncar/Grand Marquis though! ). I've had 2, sold my first one to a customer at work so I could get my second one that I'm driving now. I have a 2001 Mountaineer, 302ci V8/AWD. I don't have a pic of mine, but have a generic one that at least is the same color as mine~

Spoiler:

Back