• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about sex

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    In League of Legends, the majority of champions I play are female, although that may be because I'm a support main and most supports are female anyway (typical).

You only need this guy.
    Let's talk about sex

Anyway, on topic...I honestly don't care much about male or female characters. I usually play through an RPG as both if I have the time. I don't like the idea of self-inserting, too. However, I do wish Robin and Corrin's female variants in Smash didn't get all of the good palettes, with the male ones getting jack. FeelsBadMan

Yukari

I tend to pick female characters when given the choice since I'm female and the character is supposed to represent me in the game.

Of course this often leads to frustration in games when romance is a mechanic. :/

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    When there's equal opportunities in terms of stats etc, I always pick my gender (male) .

This does not apply in games where character classes are gender-restricted, in this case I only consider the character class. I had the time of my life as a sorceress in Diablo II.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Depends. In games without romance ties (Pokemon is a good example), I'll pick whoever looks aesthetically more pleasing. So for, say, RSE, that's Brendan. For BW2, it's Rosa. Games with romance ties, like Harvest Moon, I look at the options first, haha. Not a fantastic example because this was split between two games, but taking A/Another Wonderful Life into consideration, I prefer playing the version as a male. I have to get a wife, which I'm not typically interested in, but they're far more interesting and better looking than if I was playing the female avatar version of the game where all the guys are just...not cute. At all. And they fall flat as characters, especially compared to the bachelorette choices. At least in Fire Emblem Fates, you can have that same-sex thing going on. Which I feel miles better as a male avatar with a male love interest anyway, so. There's that.

And if we're including games where there are a lot of party members and you can change your on-screen character, like in Tales or the Bravely series, I just go with my favorite, regardless of gender.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    I usually do a few playthroughs and will change genders every now and again when I make characters.

On Fallout: NV I have like 4 main saves, two are males, two are females. None are really heavily based on me. On F4, I have one of each, one based more physically on me (the male) and another who I run with a different faction etc, is female.

Back