• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk Legends...

Wolffang292

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Legends. Mewtwo, Zapdos, Suicune, Mesprit, just to name a few. Do you think these all powerful Pokemon are really the spawn of thunderstorms and lava plumes or are they just so rare that we believe to only be one of each?

Because by natures rules, there has to be a male and female to make babies (in order for the species existence). So do you think these are just the endangered species of the Pokemon world or are they freaks of nature, literally one of a kind?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I stick to the literal legend theory, meaning that all the legends associated with all the legendary pokemon are just stories made up by ancient humans to account for their rarity and above-average power. :P

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Gameplay And Story Segregation?

I'm wont to believe that All Myths Are True as far as major legendaries go. Stuff like the Bird Trio? Eh, probably not, though they do have strong connections to the legends.

This user cannot be held liable for hours of your time lost due to clicking previously stated links.

Oh! Post 1776. How funny.

Last edited:

jvn753

Pikachumon
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    They are legends by humans. Same thing in our world. It's like their version of Achilles and Odysseus.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • The only one I think is a only-one species is Arceus. The others died and had offspring, and Latios and Latias's Pokédex entry states that they travel in herds so... (Sorry if I wrote in a robotic and insensible way).

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • They're just legends made up by the people, in my opinion. I roll my eyes every time someone thinks Arceus is the penultimate god pogeyman. "HURR YOU CAN'T TOP GOD, GF MESSED UP MAKING ARCEUS" - makes no sense to me. Lol, people even thought gen 4 was the end because of Arceus. Geez.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • They're supposed to be one of a kind if you believe the legends. Obviously the legends are false because there are more than one of them. How else do you explain the fact that you can catch Cresellia, Regigigas, and Heatran in D/P/Pt and yet Battle Tower Tycoon Palmer also has those three? Or why the three birds, Mewtwo, Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, and the Lati@s are found in HG/SS despite the player supposedly capturing them in Hoenn or Kanto?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    In an episode it said their was more than one of some legends, and I believe they are like the legends that we have. :x

Back