• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Letting the player name the rival [EM]

Years
    It has been weeks. I have been searching and googling and trying to do it myself and I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to let the player name the rival. I'm using Emerald as my hack base. I don't even know where to find the code in the game for the naming section. I'm not even going to be picky- if I can even name my rival after the start screen if coding that will be easier then I'm okay with that too. (Like when you are moving in, maybe your mom can just ask, "do you know what our neighbors name is yet?" or something.

I know it's possible, because i have seen hacks with new names for the hero and rival. even if you don't know but have a suggestion please i'm really open to ideas here ill try what i can. even just changing the default names from May and Brendan would be a huge help.

If anyone has any clue how where and with what I can do this, please please tell me.

Thank you.

Last edited:
    Back