• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Level 100 EV Gain?

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2006
    So, I was told that, after erasing the EV's on my level 100 Pokemon through the Berry system I could EV train it again. I've gone through that much, but to notice a gain I was to place the Pokemon inside the PC and take it back out again. However, nothing happened that was any different than before I placed it within the box, no gains at all. I noticed you had to gain EXP in order to EV gain, but does that mean the info I recieved was bad, am I doing this wrong or is there a way to gain EXP past level 100?

I'm doing this with my Sableye because I want to MAX his HP and evenly distribute the remaining points between his Defence and Special Defence. The moveset I have planned for this nasty lil' devil is:

Toxic
    Mean Look
    Double Team /or/ Nightshade
    Recover

*Side Note:
    Does Sableye's ability to not lose accuracy also count moves that increase the evasiveness of the oponent, like "Double Team", or does it only count moves used on itself, like "Flash"?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    So, I was told that, after erasing the EV's on my level 100 Pokemon through the Berry system I could EV train it again. I've gone through that much, but to notice a gain I was to place the Pokemon inside the PC and take it back out again. However, nothing happened that was any different than before I placed it within the box, no gains at all. I noticed you had to gain EXP in order to EV gain, but does that mean the info I recieved was bad, am I doing this wrong or is there a way to gain EXP past level 100?

I'm doing this with my Sableye because I want to MAX his HP and evenly distribute the remaining points between his Defence and Special Defence. The moveset I have planned for this nasty lil' devil is:

Toxic
    Mean Look
    Double Team /or/ Nightshade
    Recover

*Side Note:
    Does Sableye's ability to not lose accuracy also count moves that increase the evasiveness of the oponent, like "Double Team", or does it only count moves used on itself, like "Flash"?
    The Day Care trick worked in GSC, but I haven't duplicated it in RSE. Sableye's ability only prevents its own accuracy from being affected. For such a moveset, Dusclops is far superior to the all-around weak Sableye. It's technical "no weakness" doesn't help much.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2006
    But Dusklops is ugly and has no apeal other than saying "I wanna be like everybody else." :\

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Dusclops has superior defensive stats, and since you plan to use your ghost defensively, there's no better than Dusclops to serve that purpose.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    But Dusklops is ugly and has no apeal other than saying "I wanna be like everybody else." :\
    That is much better than saying "I wanna lose because I choose Pokes only based on their looks."

If you only play in-game against the AI, then a Lv100 Sableye (which isn't ugly compared to Dusclops???) can be formidable, since you are running up against Pokes at least 30 levels lower. If you go up against someone else that knows anything about battling and they have a Lv100 Poke, you are in trouble.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2006
    It's not really about the looks, I just want to play my own way and make it as effective as possible. If I wanna compete in a tourniment, I'll just copy the numerous strategies available for such a task. Scizor may only have 1 weakness (a big overused weakness at that) and fairly good stats, but he's slow and generally has no good move sets available, but I'll use him anyway.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I understand you want to play your own way, but the reason Clops is used by many is because it is soooooo much better than Sableye. GF made a mistake and made it too weak, imo. The no weak thing is nice, but a skilled trainer can get past that quite easily, and with the crappy stats that Sableye has, it is even easier. If individuality is what you want, I would suggest play NE or UU or something like that, where the playing field is a bit more even.

eureKa^

Veteran
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    to be honest, who gives a toss if it looks ugly :P

its a pokemon and dusclops pwns sableye, or you could just get a gengar :P

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    That sort of thing burns me up. I would never choose using a pokemon based only on purely stats. Granted Sableye is somewhat disappointing stats wise but it isn't that bad that it cannot be fitted into a successful team. I prefer using pokemon I like the look of rather than the most uber. That is why I don't use Dusclops or Gengar (especially Dusclops, its one of the few pokemon I dislike)

Lucky for me, I can easily choose for both power and looks as most of my faves are decently powerful.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You certainly can fit Sableye into a successful team, but it will be the weak link (depending on how good the rest of your team is). It isn't as much about Pokes being uber as it is being useful. Legendaries simply have high stats that cause them to be crutches on teams. Useful Pokes, like Gengar, don't have great stats, but are very effective in the roles that they play.

If you only battle against the weak AI then you can put together all the cute Pokes you want. If you plan on battling against someone else that actually knows how to, then you will either learn to appreciate these "ugly" Pokes or learn to lose graciously.

Josh

Level 99 Black Belt
    Years
    I don't think that you can gain EV's after getting your PoKeMoN to Lev. 100, but if I'm wrong prove it on here.

Back