• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Level 16, yay! 1HP...

Years
    Level 16, yay! 1HP...

Have you ever got a Pokemon to the level it evolves but it got K.O'D in the same battle and then have to raise them up one again?

Have you done the same thing but it would learn a move once it reach'd that level? (EX: Marshtomp learns Mud Shot once it evolves.)

Have you ever done this, and kept the Pokemon that way, and why?

Does it bother you that Nintendo doesn't fix this, and why?

I have done this recently with my Mudkip. I traded it to B/W and Audino trained it. It was level 15 and I defeat an Audino, it gained two level. I was excited til it didn't learn Mud Shot. So a Marshtomp without Mud Shot.... useless?

AustInsane

Breeder
    Years
    Better than the original RBY. My mew grew from lvl. 8 to level 12 and didn't learn transform. If a pkmn grows multiple levels it will skip the other levels completely.

But yeah this happened with my ampharos missed thunder punch at lvl 30 cuz late evolved. Then missed discharge from transferring to Gen IV too late. It's my prized electric pokemon and still only has thundershock ha.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I thought Pokemon evolve even if they're K.O'd .-.
    And then since their bHP increases, they'd be alive again.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I thought Pokemon evolve even if they're K.O'd .-.
    And then since their bHP increases, they'd be alive again.
    They do. At least in my Emerald game they did. Unless it was a glitch or something but I highly doubt it.

Years
    Nope, that's never happened to me and I'm glad it hasn't, I'm not too keen to do extra leveling. I've declined my Pokemon from evolving and learning new moves, on my own will, however.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    It has happened to me a few times, and recently too. On Pokemon White, My Purrloin leveled up to L20, but was defeated. Had to wait to level up to L21 so I can evolve it to Liepard. Extra leveling is hard, but it must be done sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    I have done this multiple times. Very annoying but i guess i should be more careful haha. I have never noticed that your pokemon wont learn moves if it levels up to rapidly? If it has empty slots it will lose the moves automatically as you go.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    No, I've had pokemon that have fainted just after reaching the level they evolve at. Even though I won the battle the fainted pokemon don't evolve.

Years
    ... But Pokemon still evolve even if they faint, right?

But when my Pokemon reach their level to evolve, I have never had one faint :)

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    Yeah.. Pokémons evolve even after they have fainted. I've had two Pokémons reach their evolution levels, continue battling the next Pokémon, only for them to faint. But after the battle, even after fainting, they still evolved.
    I've also had Pokémons grew up to 8 levels at a time, and if they learn a new move after a certain level, it stops to inform me if I want my Pokémon to learn a new move by forgetting one of the four moves it already knows, then after taking care of that it proceeds to level up.
    So, yeah, I've never had it happened to me. Unless, I misunderstood the question.

Back