• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Level Curve

Years
  • So recently I was thinking about a game, that is set in Sevii Islands, by that I mean, that the player is living in a small house on Island 1/2/3 and he gets a quest from Celio, which he completes and get Rainbow Pass and then he can explore all 8 major Islands and over 20 optional islands. But one thing came to my mind, what should the level curve be? I mean after player completes quest for Celio, his Pokémon level should be around ~15-20. And then all he has to do is just take up a boat and go to any island, he wants and do any quest of that Island. By quest I mean, that I planned what thing player can do in each island, what events, sidequests and all, but after player will complete two quests, his Pokémon level should be ~25-30, so other quests would be too easy as he's overleveled. And if I make stronger levels of trainers, then if player choose to take Island 5 first for example, he would be KO'ed by a Youngster or Lass. Hope you understand.
    If you didn't then:

Island 1's level curve is ~15
    Island 6's level curve is ~35

If player chooses to take Islands' quests by order, it is okay then, but if he decides to take Island 6 first and he's Pokémon are level ~15, then that's not good.

If I make each Island's level the same, then player's Pokémon would be overleveled.

Maybe I should only make each Island acessible after each Island is completed? Then it would be solved, but I want to give player some freedom...

What should I do? Perhaps there is any ASM routine or any patch, that prevents Pokémon from gaining XP? Please tell me your opinions.

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    Maybe you could make it so the player has to have at least one level 35 Pokémon to get into the harder island. That way if he trained enough, he could still get into either.

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • You can make it that after beating 1 island, you can visit one of those 20 optional islands or 2 of them and have some side quests you can do on the island.

Back