• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Leveling up in Kalos is hard!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    even without powers i found it easier to level pokemon, thanks to hordes and all of what have been stated previously, and also facts like even when you catch pokemon you get exp. in this generation, compared with previous ones where catching didn't give exp.

also getting experience is always about how often you battle, where you battle, who you battle and other things that you do in the way, also there are ítems and methods aside from rare Candy and battling that also give you levels and that also means exp. gain, for example the level juices.

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • In-game, I found myself criminally under-leveled, as I didn't use the exp. share, so that's probably the only thing that could possibly make leveling up in-game difficult; especially when you have exp. gain O-Powers, and the Lucky Egg.

But for wi-fi, I think it was too easy to get Pokemon to lvl. 50; mostly thanks to the 3-star battle restaurant. Sure, $100,000 is a lot on paper, but you end up gaining money when you combine the earnings of beating the trainers, and selling the 20+ Balm mushrooms you receive. Slap the Lucky Egg on a Pokemon, and activate the exp. O-Power, and you can level a Pokemon to 50, and make like, $200,000+ in less than 15 minutes.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So, I think we can all agree now that getting a Pokemon to level 50 isn't hard in Kalos.

But what about level 100?

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • I've played every single Pokemon game in existence since they've been made. Red all they way until now with Y. This game is VERY easy. Game Freak have dumb down alot of things for newer people to get into it. They even changed EXP Share to how it was in the old days. I when into the Chateau and raised a level 11 Pokemon up to level 40 in matter of hours (I've also haven't finished the game btw). I think you're either making things harder on yourself somehow or you started in one of the latest Gen's. I'm guessing 5th gen. Just take your time and you'll see it isn't hard at all

Years
  • I managed to get an entire team to Lv100 after some battles against the Elite Four a lot of times, and I'm always leaving my EXP Share on so I can train lower-level Pokemon without them actually having to fight against something they'll struggle against.

I do admit that 5th Gen's EXP system was harder to level up than this, but I believe one of the easiest ways to level in X/Y is battling Audinos that some trainers in the Battle Chateau have. Plus as I found out myself, hordes seem to give a lot of EXP as well, especially if you knock all 5 Pokemon out at once so I do tend to carry a multi-target hitting move if that's the route I have to go. And again, it gets better once you get the Lucky Egg and by raising the Pokemon Amie affection level.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • With money + exp o powers and amulet coin + Lew wow you can make back over double what you pay to go to that resturant so making money is easier then ever before

UniVolt

All about attack
    Years
  • Leveling up is the easiest

One level 100 pokemon.

The rest all lower normally level 1 newly hatched.

I battle Serena, exp o power level 3. Normally come out the other side with level 36 odd Pokemon.

I need to do the Le Wow leveling though.

AsuraMachina

Who Am I?
    Years
  • There are plenty of ways to get decent EXP I can't remember the name of the place but it's the building that grants you titles of status. like Baron and Marquis.
    Once you get to a high enough level and send Gold writs out there will be trainers Using 2 Audino each. Use your O power for boosted XP and have XP share and Lucky egg on and you will receive mountains of XP regardless of level. My Talonflame is in its 80's and still recieves around 8000 XP for each audino defeated there

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Are you kidding me? Leveling up was a breeze in X & Y.. so much so, don't have to grind to level up thanks to Exp Share on whole team.. and without any grinding in the tall grass, was able to sweep every single gym, not losing a single time including the Elite 4, champion, and all the post game battles/events. unlike previous generations where grinding was a necessity, especially since exp share only worked on 1 Pokemon and only gave 50% exp instead of 100% like now.

Did you forget to enable exp share?

Also the #1 way to level up pokemon is to drop them off in the daycare.. stick a dime under your thumbstick leaving your trainer going in circles around the prism tower on the bicycle while you sleep. by the time you wake up the next day, you'll have two fully leveled Pokemon.

Then all you have to do is give them pokerus, put on a power item (bracer, weight, lens, etc), do 6 horde battles for the EV your needing, and you will have fully maxed out their EV in that stat. and so on with the other EVs you need.

Each Horde Battles = 50 EV points!!! this is insane in comparison to previous gen.

You can have a 100% fully EV trained pokemon in under 15 minutes only after 12 battles.

While on the other hand, to fully EV train a pokemon in previous generation, 65+ battles was minimum and took over an hour! Each battle only gave 10ev max.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Leveling up in Kalos is super easy.. just run the EXP share. I have about 6 lvl 100s without even trying.

Being max level isn't even that important in this version of the game anyway, its the moves and the IV/EV points that matter.. whenever you fight online it seems everyone's scaled up or down to lvl 50. So I personally wouldn't be beating yourself up over it if I were you.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • Tip that I'm sure was said multiple times already:

Spam Le Wow once your pokemon are in the level 70s...It costs 100k, but unless you do really bad, you'll easily make your money back...Especially with the Amulet Coin and help from O-Powers...If you need money, I'd suggest going a few rounds with Lvl. 3 Money...By then, you'll prolly have enough that Amulet Coin will Suffice (Balm Shrooms = 6500 per, 16 makes back your money on Balm Shrooms alone, but you're most likely gonna get 23-25 if your pokemon are strong enough)...Once you've been through a few rounds on there, either cash in your Balm Shrooms (some of them, anyway) so you don't have to run back and forth to the Pokemon Center and just spam it with Exp. All + Exp. Lvl 3 + Amulet Coin + Pokerus...Be prepared to stay idle for roughly 3 hours when you fight the Audino...It takes days to finish collecting Experience from it...

Back