• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LF Jirachi (Careful or Adamant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Looking for an adamant or careful jirachi have celebi and a few other legendaries to trade for it

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    I would love that would u take my shiny mew if not I have some others legendaries I will be home in a couple hours and would very much like to trade with u I may be able to get on sooner if that would work better for u

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Looking for an adamant or careful jirachi have shiny mew celebi and a few other legendaries to trade for it

I'm sorry, shiny mew is always a hack and is banned from being traded here. I'll have to remove it from your offers.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Why is shiny mew banned? As far as I'm aware they didn't shiny lock legendaries in Pokemon Emerald , even Serebii doesn't list Mew as being one of the shiny locked pokemon https://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml

Mew has been shiny locked in all events except one. The Faraway Island Japanese distribution in Emerald. It was an error by Gamefreak and wasn't intended to be that way. People didn't know it could be shiny, actually they thought it couldn't. RNG wasn't around back then and there's no recorded case of someone actually soft reseting for it. Getting one by hacking the Faraway Island ticket is still a hacked mew. The possibilities of getting a legit, shiny mew and that it survived until the sixth generation are so, so, so, so slim, it is safe to assume all of them are hacks.

You can find more information on hacked pokémon in the Hack/Scam Report Mega Thread's first post.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Mew has been shiny locked in all events except one. The Faraway Island Japanese distribution in Emerald. It was an error by Gamefreak and wasn't intended to be that way. People didn't know it could be shiny, actually they thought it couldn't. RNG wasn't around back then and there's no recorded case of someone actually soft reseting for it. Getting one by hacking the Faraway Island ticket is still a hacked mew. The possibilities of getting a legit, shiny mew and that it survived until the sixth generation are so, so, so, so slim, it is safe to assume all of them are hacks.

You can find more information on hacked pokémon in the Hack/Scam Report Mega Thread's first post.

I get what you're saying, but regardless of whether Gamefreak made an error, it can still exist, can it not? If they were offering a 6IV shiny Mew, I could understand but just googling there are tons of examples of people soft resetting for a Shiny Mew, there's even YouTube videos (and yes, I understand that on a YouTube video there's no way to tell if it was hacked or not, or if its an emulator that's a straight rom dump of the cartridge or if the rom was hacked to be shiny, etc, etc) showing the capture of Shiny Mew, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXB7a6k3bro ) so there are in fact records (lots of them) of people soft Resetting for a Shiny Mew, they're just all dismissed as being hacked. I myself got a shiny Jirachi from the Collosseum Bonus Disc and even though it cannot make it through Pokebank, it is still possible to get one (although that proves the Jirachi was an error on Gamefreak's part, if the shiny Mew can make it through doesn't that prove it was NOT an error on Gamefreak's part?). And if I could get a shiny Jirachi from the disc, why can't Mew be shiny too? I promise I'm going to drop the subject now, I just wanted to make the point that it was possible, just very unlikely. (after all, for a while you guys had the Wishmkr Jirachi with an ID number listed as 00001 - 10000 but no mention of the 20043 trainer ID number, which was the trainer number of North American Colosseum Jirachis at least (as that's the only number I could verify with my own eyes), even though you can find screen captures of Japanese Wishmkr Jirachi's with the 20043 ID number as well) but regardless, like I said, I just wanted to make the point. I will drop it from this point on, and I won't bring it up again, I promise.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I get what you're saying, but regardless of whether Gamefreak made an error, it can still exist, can it not? If they were offering a 6IV shiny Mew, I could understand but just googling there are tons of examples of people soft resetting for a Shiny Mew, there's even YouTube videos (and yes, I understand that on a YouTube video there's no way to tell if it was hacked or not, or if its an emulator that's a straight rom dump of the cartridge or if the rom was hacked to be shiny, etc, etc) showing the capture of Shiny Mew, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXB7a6k3bro ) so there are in fact records (lots of them) of people soft Resetting for a Shiny Mew, they're just all dismissed as being hacked. I myself got a shiny Jirachi from the Collosseum Bonus Disc and even though it cannot make it through Pokebank, it is still possible to get one (although that proves the Jirachi was an error on Gamefreak's part, if the shiny Mew can make it through doesn't that prove it was NOT an error on Gamefreak's part?). And if I could get a shiny Jirachi from the disc, why can't Mew be shiny too? I promise I'm going to drop the subject now, I just wanted to make the point that it was possible, just very unlikely. (after all, for a while you guys had the Wishmkr Jirachi with an ID number listed as 00001 - 10000 but no mention of the 20043 trainer ID number, which was the trainer number of North American Colosseum Jirachis at least (as that's the only number I could verify with my own eyes), even though you can find screen captures of Japanese Wishmkr Jirachi's with the 20043 ID number as well) but regardless, like I said, I just wanted to make the point. I will drop it from this point on, and I won't bring it up again, I promise.

Yes, I've already said it, it is possible, but unlikely enough to be able to dismiss all of them as hacks. And well, as a starting point, if it's not a Japanese game, the Old Sea Map was hacked into the game. So you can tell that the one in the video you linked is a hack just by looking at the text.

Also, as a side note, Shiny Jirachi can pass through Poke Transporter now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back