• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LG Team for Elite 4 Part 2

Years
  • Hey guys, I've always wanted my team rated since I kept on getting beaten in the stronger set of Elite 4 by the time I get to Lance or my Rival's Tyranitar. Here are some of the moves I normally use, too. What do you guys think?

Snorlax (Body slam, Rest, Yawn)
    Charizard (Flamethrower, Fire blast, and that other big fire skill i forgot about)
    Raichu (Shockwave, Thunderbolt, Thunder)
    Nidoqueen (Earthquake, Sludgebomb, Body Slam)
    Gyarados (Surf, Waterfall, Icebeam, Hyperbeam)
    Pidgeot (Fly, Aerial Ace)

They're about Lvs. 60-62 now. And I prefer not to take away the Pidgeot from the team.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Charizard and Raichu have absolutely no type coverage. It's not a good idea to have 3-4 moves of the same type on one Pokemon. You'll get stuck if you run into a type that resists those moves. For example, if you have 4 electric moves on Raichu, what are you gonna do if Raichu is your only pokemon left and you run into a ground type? You'll be stuck.

Here's my Charizard set: Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Fly, Slash
    And for Raichu: Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Brick Break, Iron Tail

Gyarados also sucks in 3rd gen. It's much better in D/P/Pt/HG/SS when you actually have some moves to work with its high Atk stat. Replace it with Lapras. Use bolt-beaming Lapras to provide good coverage: Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Sing. You'll own Lance with this set.

Strength works for Snorlax's final move.
    And for Nidoqueen: Earthquake, Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam. Excellent type coverage with this set. Boltbeam-ing pokemon always get awesome type coverage.

And finally, for Pidgeot: Fly, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Featherdance.

Years
  • I do have Slash on Charizard but yeah, I see what you mean about getting stuck in certain situations with 3 moves of the same type. And I was wondering what would've been a good last move for my Raichu and I like the idea of putting Iron Tail and Brick Break. I sorta love my Gyarados but yeah, you're right, she's sorta weak in this gen. Was wondering what would be a good offensive skill for Snorlax too, other than Body Slam so thank you for that too! We have the same build now for Pidgeot, except for Steel Wing. And your Nidoqueen build seems better than the ****** Nidoqueen I have now. Thanks bro!

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Here are my opinions on how should be your team.

Snorlax: Belly Drum, Brick Break, Rest, Body Slam

Snorlax has a large amount of HP, so Belly Drum would be a good choice, in case you have less Hp than maximum, you could use Rest, then Brick Break or Body Slam to take out quickly the opponent. To make it fast, you could equip him with a Lum Berry.
    Or the usual but always good Leftovers.

Charizard: Fire Blast, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw, Fly

It's a good coverage moveset against many types, you could also max out of PPs FB, and with a couple of X Special you can also take down Agatha's Gengars. It gives a good hand against Lance, also with that darn Gyarados. A Dragon Fang (foundable on wild Dratini or by trading with R/S/E) gives a good boost against Dragonites and Kingdra.

Raichu: Rain Dance, Thunder, Iron Tail, Strength

Rain Dance + Thunder? An awesome combo, the first move gives a 100% accuracy at the second one, making Thunder a pain in the asses of everyone. Good to take out with a 1HKO (if you're lucky) Crobat, Gyarados, Blastoise and sometimes also Aerodactyl.
    Iron Tail helps with Tyranitar, and with most of Lorelei's Pokèmon too.
    Strength does his work with all the other Pokèmon, except for Steelix.
    You shouldn't give him Thunder Wave, he has already Static, that paralyzes the opponent.

Nidoqueen: Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Body Slam

Awesome moveset. She can do his ****in job against Bruno's Steelix, half of Gary's team, and Agatha and Lance's entire team, all by herself. She can also paralyze with Body Slam, or poisoning with Poison Point... 'Nuff said.

Gyarados: Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Earthquake, Taunt

If you can find another TM26 (trade by another game), you're very lucky.
    First, use Taunt, to prevent spamming a move on Gyarados while he charges up with Dragon Dance (+ 2 Attack and Speed), then spam Earthquake and Waterfall. Again, 'nuff said.

Pidgeot: Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Featherdance, Facade

IDK how much he can do in E4. Well, spam Featherdance to low Attack for 2-3 turns, then Aerial Ace and Steel Wing (use a X Precision first). If he gets a status condition (not freezing, attracting or confusing) use Facade, it will do x2 damage.

That's all, even if I could suggest you to replace Pidgeot with a Psychic or Grass-type Pokèmon.

Years
  • I like the idea of putting Shadowball on Nidoqueen, and I see what you mean on how much she could do most of the Elite 4 all by herself, but what if I used Earthquake instead of Surf? It won't have much PP, yes, but Earthquake has always been a lifesaver for me when I'm facing the Hitmonlee and the Machamp.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • I like the idea of putting Shadowball on Nidoqueen, and I see what you mean on how much she could do most of the Elite 4 all by herself, but what if I used Earthquake instead of Surf? It won't have much PP, yes, but Earthquake has always been a lifesaver for me when I'm facing the Hitmonlee and the Machamp.

Well, Machamp and Hitmonlee can be defeated by your Pidgeot easily, if he is at least at level 70.
    Or, you can teach Brick Break to Raichu instead of Strength, and teach Psychic to Snorlax, that's a good job.
    But, the choice is yours, you can use the moveset and the strategy you prefer, that was just my advice.

Back