• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LIEK, DOS IT HAZ ZOMBIES!?

Years

What is one aspect of a game that draws you in?

With more and more games on the market having some form of zombie invasion, it seems that they are really milking it for everything it is worth, however, that is not what the question is.

What I meant by the title, is what is one part of any game that you automatically love; maybe you look for it when buying new games.
    It can be anything from Zombies, to multiplayer, to the amount of guns you can choose.

What aspects of a game do you look for?
    What aspects do you completely hate?

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    There's a lot of little things that I like in games, but the most important factor is originality. Minecraft would be a perfect example. The mario franchise would be another. I know the new mario games are not original at all, as they have almost the same gameplay with the old ones, but the franchise itself is original, which does the trick.
    An exception to that is launch games. You know, the ones where you try to launch something as far or high as possible?. Yeah, I don't care about originality there, I'll take any launch game you give me and never get bored.
    "This is your path, you can clearly see there is much more in the world, but we haven't actually programmed it so you can't explore it."
    I hate completely unaccessible areas. It is perfectly okay to have a boundary in the map, but if I'm playing a 3D game, and see two paths, while only being allowed to cross one, the result of my frustration can be heard from miles away. Seriously, if it doesn't exist, don't imply its existence.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    There are a bunch of things I tend to look for that draw me into a game. There's graphics, though that alone usually isn't enough to get me into it. The kind of gameplay, an FPS for example. That usually draws my attention. The story, I love a good, well built story. A fun and competitive multiplayer is something else as well.

Things I hate? The one thing that annoys me the most is frame rate. A game could look fantastic, have an interesting story, and all that good stuff... but if the frame rate is absolutely terrible, it's not worth one piece of my money. One example: Sniper: Ghost Warrior. The idea of being a sniper and doing stealthy missions, being able to pick people off from a huge distance; it's greatly appealing to me. The graphics themselves weren't even that bad at all. Sadly, the frame rate is so bad I couldn't even finish the game.

Virgilia

Chronos.
    Years

Oh, it's gotta just have nice-looking graphics, a grabbing plot and storyline, with an awesome hero and villain. Like, the de Blob series completely works for me. Awesome hero, a different concept and storyline compared to other games, with a -creepy- villain.

I completely dislike a game if it has terrible music, and/or if the game is too "easy". You've always gotta have a challenge, you know? :3

Back