• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Life Forms? AHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
  • I had just gotten a Latias from Southern Island. I came back to Lilycove and asked the nurse to heal my Pokemon. But she said, " Your Pokemon appear to be infected with PokeRus.They have strange life forms attached to them. Little is known about PokeRus, except that Pokemon infected with it grow exceptionally well." I have heard about this before but I've never experienced it. What should I do?

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It doubles the effort points you get. Trust me, its a good thing. It may spread to your other Pok?mon. ^_^;

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You can't get rid of the Virus, you have to let it run its course. Other than that, you may heal your Pok?mon as normal.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    You can't get rid of the Virus, you have to let it run its course. Other than that, you may heal your Pok?mon as normal.
    It will stay on my Pokemon forever? Cool!

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    No no. It'll run out in time. Then the Pok?mon that had it become immune to getting it again. ^_^

It was put in on purpose on these and Gold/Silver/Crystal

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • punkie90 said:
    thats really good, i wonder how it gets it agian?
    I think it happens when your Pokemon comes in physical contact with a wild Pokemon that has PokeRus.(When it does a move such as Take Down or Tackle to the wild Pokemon.) But I don't know for sure.

punkie90

You can call me PK!
    Years
  • i know. but will it where away! it doesn't really matter if it does becaus bye the time it does, all of most of yiur pokemon will have grown a lot of levels!

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
  • Oh, and something you may want to know before the virus wears off. If you put an infected pokemon in the box, you can pretty much keep it infected forever until you bring it out again. I think if I remember right it wears off in four or five days, because my pokemon got it in the desert. I still have pokemon in my box that still have it, though. I suggest you give it to a pokemon you want to raise up some levels and fight people like crazy! Just my two cents, take it or leave it... :paranoid:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Dec 9, 2003
    Me two cents

I had had MUCH experience with PKrs. I have a Kyogre which was infected with if from level 45 to 95. This is what I noticed, Kyogre gained about 1 to 2 more points in every stat each time he leveled while the virus was in effect. This my only be my immagination or my luck but I know it happened because as soon as it wore off my Kyogre went from get 5-6 in every stat per level, to 3-5. This I have also see this in my friend's Minun and my Tyranitar on Gold. The major reason I noticed on my Kyogre was that it was getting 4-5 attack per level being Modest. Believe me or not.

Back