• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life in the Eyes of Bluk

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    Hello! As of now, I'd like to thank you for taking a look at my humble fan-fic. Any constructive critism is greatly appreciated and can be posted here or in the Lounge, whichever is preffered.

Please bear with me, as this was rather spur of the moment writing. The idea came and I just started!

Without further ado, here's "Life in the Eyes of Bluk".

Chapter One: Life Begins

A flash of lightning illuminated a dreary scene. A tiny, green and blue egg, seemingly forgotten, shook in a moldy nest. Parents were no where to be found. It was raining, cold and hard, the night was dark and fearful.

The tiny egg shook again. Another flash of lighting revealed a crack had formed in the egg. Whether the crack was from the driving of the rain, the buffeting from the wind, or by the young creature inside, it was going to hatch.

The crack moved steadily down the side, like an outstretched finger. Tiny cracks began to expand from the original break. The egg gave a violent shudder, and a tiny Pokemon flopped out.

The tiny, green, dog-like Pokemon cried out, shocked at the cold and wet of this new world he had been forced into. He shook his large head and crawled back into the molding nest.

The small Pokemon waited patiently for his parents. He instinctively knew someone would come to feed him. He waited and waited, but no one came. The tiny Pokemon cried out again, in a vain attempt to alert his parents that he was here.

Soon enough, the Pokemon discovered he was alone. The little creature sighed and curled up in the rotten nest. The poor thing was soaked, chilled to the bone, and starved. He eventually cried himself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The little Pokemon awoke from pains in his stomach. He tried to roll over and go back to sleep, but the smell of mold and mildew was overpowering from last night?s storm. He climbed out, his feet protesting at the cold stone beneath him.

The day old Pokemon began his search for food. He walked along, his nose twitching as he smelled for anything that seemed edible.

He paused at the edge of a meadow. His nose told him something good smelling was nearby. The small Pokemon dove into the grass, moving with infant clumsiness.

He came upon a bush covered in sweet smelling, round berries. The ravenous Pokemon leapt on the bush, crying ?Trike! Electrike!?

The little Pokemon bit into one. The berries seemed quite dry, but taking a few at a time revealed they held sweet juice. He chomped on the tender flesh, his face becoming covered in the thick juice. He continued to tear through the berries, the juice now dribbling off his green muzzle. The jiuce of the dark blue berries was now staining his mouth black.

The little Pokemon was about to dive upon yet another berry, when a noise behind him startled him.

?You seem to really like those Bluk berries, don?t you, young Electrike,? a large Pokemon with a flowing dress said.

The dog-like creature snapped around, drops of berry juice flying off at odd angles from his still dripping muzzle. ?Who are you?? he asked defensivly. ?And what did you call me??

?Electrike,? the large Pokemon answered. ?That is what I called you, as that is what you are. I am Grace, a Gardevoir.?

?Electrike?? the tiny Pokemon asked, obviously confused.

?Oh, you poor thing,? Grace said, realizing the Pokemon was alone. ?Don?t you have any parents??

?No,? the Electrike said sharply. He turned to walk away.

?Wait!? Grace called, but was too late. The Electrike disappeared into the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dog-like Pokemon paused in a clearing. He paused, seeing a hole in the base of a dying tree. He climbed in and curled up, his stomach delightfully full.

He realized he didn?t have a name. The Pokemon wished to give himself one, but he knew very few words. He did know enough to hold an intelligible conversation, but there were no suitable names in his inner vocabulary list.

The Pokemon thought of the word the Gardevoir had spoken. Bluk. He tested it out, and found it delightful, better than anything else he had thought of. It would do for now?.

And, with a new name and full belly, Bluk fell asleep in the hollow of the tree.

Last edited:

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    Geeze, sorry it took so long with Chapter Two! Oh, and thanks to Oni for making this fanfic of the week! Even if it was for only one!!

Anyways, without further ado, here's Bluk's next adventure!

Chapter Two: A Close Escape

Bluk was having a nice dream. He was surrounded by friends and family, all smiling and laughing. He smiled and turned over, when a strange sensation came over him.

He felt like someone was breathing on his face. But, none of his family or friends were that close to him.

He slowly opened his eyes to find he was staring into a pair of dark, almost black eyes.

?Hi!? the fuzzy, brown and white striped creature said. It shook it?s spiky head and body to shake off a few bits of morning dew.

Bluk jumped up growling. ?Who are you!? he demanded.

?I should be asking you that!? the spiked creature said. ?You are sleeping in my home!? it continued with a smile.

?My name?s Bluk. I?m an Electrike? and an orphan,? he said quietly, relaxing some. ?I was born two days ago, and I?m sorry for sleeping in your home. I didn?t know it belonged to anyone.?

?That?s fine, Bluk. I?m Bandit, a Zigzagoon. I certainly don?t mind that you slept here, especially considering your circumstance.?

Bluk smiled at the Zigzagoon, happy to have met such a nice guy.

?Well,? Bandit said. ?I suppose you?re hungry.?

?Not really, I had a bunch of berries yesterday and am still really full.?

?Well then, maybe I can help you find a place to call home?? the Zigzagoon asked cautiously.

?Sure! I?d hate to intrude on another home again!? Bluk said quietly.

?Okay, let?s go then!? Bandit voiced, taking off into the trees.

The two wandered around for quite some time, not finding anything suitable for the dog-like Pokemon. (Yes, I stand firm in my belief that Electrike is some kind of dog, though I will investigate further.)

The pair paused at a crystal blue river to get a drink. The Zigzagoon?s ears perked up for a moment, his muscles visibly tensing.

?What is it, Bandit?? Bluk asked quietly.

?SHH!? hissed Bandit.

Suddenly, Bluk heard rustling leaves and such and Bandit bolted away.

?RUN KID!? the Zigzagoon threw over his shoulder as he disappeared into the trees.

Bluk wasn?t sure why he had to run, so the pup foolishly stayed where he was.

A large thing with peachish skin burst through the growth. The thing had no fur, but had a small amount of brown hair sticking from the top of it?s head. It stood on two legs and was wearing a belt with funny red and white balls on it.

?Alright! An Electrike!? the thing shouted in a slightly cracking voice. ?Go, Horsea!? it shouted.

Bandit?s head appeared between a bush, calling out a warning before disappearing again. ?Kid, get out of there!? the Zigzagoon hissed. ?That?s a trainer! A human! He?s going to capture you if you don?t run!?

Bluk still stayed put, looking at the blue creature now in front of him curiously. The thing had appeared in a flash of white light when the ?trainer? threw a ball.

?Horsea, use a Bubble Attack!? the boy cried.

The Horsea reared it?s small head and a barrage of bubbles flew from its mouth. Bluk soon found himself being beaten by the seemingly unbreakable bubbles.

Bluk shook its head, wondering why on earth this Pokemon was attacking him!

?Man, this thing is stupid!? the human boy cried triumphantly. ?Horsea, use Water Gun this time!?

This time, a jet of water escaped the Horsea?s mouth. It struck the puppy-like Pokemon, throwing it against a tree.

Bluk was now enraged. He growled menacingly. Spark flew from it?s body, its emotions rising to a level he didn?t know. He let out a small cry and am amount of electricity flew at the blue Pokemon in front of him.

He smiled, oddly satisfied at the look of pain on the Hosea?s face. That?d teach it to mess with him!

But Horsea wasn?t going to give up that easily. Upon another command from the human, the Horsea reared and let out another Bubble attack.

This time, Bluk was ready. With a cry of ?TRIKE!? the tiny, green Pokemon let out an immense amount of electric power. Not entirely sure what he had done, Bluk watched the Horsea fall to the ground, slightly blackened.

The trainer returned his Horsea, but grinned when he saw how tired the Electrike was.

?I?m gonna catch you anyways!? the boy cried, throwing a ball like the ones on his belt at Bluk.

Bluk found himself being sucked into the ball. It was a strange feeling, like he had turned liquid and was forced through a very small opening. Being in the ball made him feel very confined, worse than when he had been inside his egg.

The ball shuddered, showing that Bluk was fighting to get out. The Electike fought ferociously, desperately wanting to get out of the confining ball.

It opened, and Bluk felt as though he had turned solid again. He blinked rapidly, the world around him coming into focus again.

The Trainer took another Ball off his belt and threw it.

Whatever Pokemon came out of that ball, Bluk would never know. He had taken off into the trees at full throttle. He never wanted to experience that again.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    I like how you you detail everything, it makes the story SO good! Its exicting, I like how you described the fellings and everything, but really, I really can't critisis this story, (sorry if my spelling sux,) I couldn't find many mistakes. This is a great story! ^_^

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    Okay! Another Chapter is ready! Hot and fresh from the oven XD!!

Chapter 4: Love at First Sight

Bluk awoke with a start. The tiny, Electrike wasn?t so tiny anymore. It had been a full three months since his birth, and now the dog Pokemon was living a good life.

He had found an abandoned cave that was hardly visible to passerby. Bluck assumed this was the reason for it?s emptiness. He had made himself a small bed, composed of the softest moss and grass available to him. It was certainly a nice change from the log he had been sleeping in previously.

Bluk headed out of the cave, off to find some berries for breakfast. He began plodding silently through the trees, not expecting to find anyone lurking in the gloomy morning fog.

He had paused at a small bush, smiling to himself as he feasted on Pecha berries. He wasn?t barely as fond of them as he was of the Bluk berries. Pecha berries were much too messy.

Chomping down on another berry, Bluk found that something hard had slammed into his side.

The Electrike shot around, trying to see what had hit him. A low growl was heard to his left.

Bluk?s body was covered in electricity. He growled as well, as if daring the thing to show itself.

Show itself it did! A Houndoor leapt from the area to Bluk?s left, growling menacingly. ?What are you doing here!?? it barked.

?Eating,? Bluk replied calmly, though the electricity from his fur shot out at odd angles now.

?Those are my Pecha berries!!? the Houndoor growled. He slammed into Bluk again, this time tearing at the Electike?s exposed flesh.

Bluk cried out, but not as loudly as the Houndoor. It had been shocked by the electricity running through Bluk?s fur.

The Houndoor roared and a huge amount of flames burst out of it?s mouth. The Flamethrower attack was immensely powerful, scorching the Electrike.

?Maybe you?ll think harder the next time you mess with Devil!? the Houndoor growled before taking off into the trees.

Bluk just laid there, feeling quite a bit of pain. He was severely burned everywhere, in too much pain to move. He wimpered slightly, hearing someone approaching.

?Get out of here,? he growled low in his throat. He then cried out slightly, a sharp pain coursing through his left forepaw.

A small Absol came through the trees. Bluk was slightly taken aback at the beauty of the Pokemon that was now approaching.

He quickly overcame it. He was hurt, and not too happy about it. ?What are you doing!?? he growled dangerously.

?Oh, be quiet,? the Absol snapped. She continued her approach, pausing as she reached him.

Bluk growled again, and sent a weak jolt of electricity at the offending creature.

?Now! Is that how you accept help?? she said, taking a step back. She dashed into the trees momentarily.

Bluk sighed. Now, if only he could gather the strength to get back to his cave?.

A loud rustling announced the return of the Absol. She was now carrying a burlap sack around her neck.

?Don?t try to fight it,? she whispered, tearing the sack open to reveal many strange pastes and leaves.

She doused his skin with water, and Bluk immediately felt the coolness wash over him. The Absol then spread a strange paste over his bad burns. She then wrapped the pasted areas in long, green leaves.

She helped Bluk stand gently. ?Are you feeling up to going home?? she asked quietly.

?Yeah,? Bluk said, taking a tentative step forward.

The Absol helped Bluk to his cave home. The Electrike allowed a small smile to cross his face as the Absol began to walk away.

?Wait!? he called weakly. ?I never got your name!?

?It?s Angel!? she called, pausing to turn around. Her dark eyes sparkled as she asked: ?I never got your?s either!?

?It?s Bluk!? he cried, watching the Absol dissapear.

Ironic, isn?t it. I get attacked by Devil? then saved by Angel? he thought to himself as he drifted into an uneasy sleep. She was so pretty? I wonder if I?ll ever see her again?.

The air was soon filled with the Electrike?s snoring.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Very good. :) You really know your way around descriptions ( I'm a narrative sort of person. Can't handle Descriptive too well.) And you tell me Frosty doesn't like your stories? if that's so, then he's got rediculously high expectations. :laugh:

Back