• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Do you appreciate life?
    I try to. When I walk to the bus stop I gaze at the world around me, look at the clouds and see how majestic they are, listen and feel the rain, look at the Sun rising.
    I try to remain optimistic, knowing that there's only so much time we have on this Earth. And it makes life SOOO much better.

Do you have this outlook on life?
    If you don't I would really advise you to give it a try :)

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
    Years
  • Actually yes that's why I always look at the scenary it makes you feel like you belong doesn't it? The stress melts I mean really, people who say life stinks is the people who are staring into the TV jk hahah

but yeah, it really does relieve it, look at the whole thing, like a bee, before it scares my friends, hahahah

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I feel the same as you about life, I love the majesty that is the setting and rising sun and the sky, along with the vast land actually that one of the reasons why I like to travel to see the world around me :)

Years
  • I thought I was the only one! I love to look around and try and notice things even in my neighborhood that people don't even see, or take for granted!

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • I love looking at nature. I love rain and the sound it makes as it hits the roof. Believe it or not rain helps me fall asleep, its so soothing. My favorite season is Autumn because of the leaves and the wind. Sometimes I can smell Winter coming on an Autumn breeze.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Aaah guys I share all of your views! I'm so pleased I'm not the only one. I wish I could shake the other people who can't see the beauty of this world.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I do too, but its more in animals than in landscape. I just think its amazing how owls can turn their heads or chameleons can change colour or how cats can balance. It makes me glad to be alive so I can appreciate everything.

Years
  • I take nothing for granted.
    I know I have to work hard if I want something and that is the only way I will get it.

I dislike people who were born into royality and then act like they are amazing and above me. Get over yourself.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    It sucks.

But really, life is gorgeous. I'm grateful I was given the right to enjoy it, with all of it's perks.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I actually notice the little things about life. Like how a certain leaf will curl in a different way, or looking at a raspberry and noticing that a bird or other animal had a little go at it.. I find the small things to be more beautiful because I feel like they tell a story about their own life on this earth. Or.. little things we take for granted.. like the texture of cracked soil.. and other things that are so beautiful but we don't tend to notice them.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My views on life are... complicated, and that's putting it lightly. But there is one firm belief I have, that while many brush it off and pretend it doesn't exist: The only certainty in life is that it will end in death. Every second that passes makes it that much closer to this inevitable fate. In the end, it won't matter if you're rich or poor, beautiful or ugly, popular or imfamous, talented or talentless. This applies to all of life. Every living thing you see will one day die, whether it be in moments or years. I have accepted this fact, even if begrudgingly.

Juleigh

I don't know?
    Years
  • I try to look at things in a similar way as you OP. I've been through a lot so far, and life looks so different to me now, that I have the ability to appreciate some things more than I used to. I am very sensitive though, and it bothers me that sometimes I can be too forgiving, but then again we don't have millions of years to live, so why not forgive?

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • There are moments in life where I'm fully appreciative of the beauty of it. I really wish I could capture that feeling and bottle it up and sip on it all day but I honestly can't. There's too much of a wear and tear to my daily life for me to do that.

MaStalee

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2011
    After seeing the death of someone close to you, you start to appreciate life more.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm just like that xD (the first posters) I can look at a cloud or a pile of snow and be, like, blissful inside for no specific reason. I like life and I appreciate the small things. The glass is half full~

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I think to some degree we all take things for granted. It's just how life can be. For me, I must admit I can be really pessimistic about things when they arise. There are many days where I try to see the things in life that are beautiful or more important. I think if we all look at different things in life with deeper perspectives, you can find beauty in anything. Sometimes you just have to want to look there. I usually try to take the time everyday to at least acknowledge one good thing about my day, or acknowledge something so simple like the whispy clouds in the sky as beautiful. Once you've been through a lot, you also learn to appreciate just little things in life.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I do my best to appreciate life. Being a teen, that can sometimes be easier said than done, as life can really seem to stink. But then I take a look at the small wonders. Look at how a spider spins its web or how a tadpole changes into a frog. See how dogs can understand and even obey a language that is not their own. Everything is so amazing, so breathtaking, and so improbable that I find it nearly impossible to hate life.

How can you hate something so beautiful?

Back