• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Like Reaching for the Sun - OOC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • I'll be gone for one week sometime in August. I guess summer actually isn't the best times to have RPs.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Aww...I know how you feel, Phanima. *PatPat* BUT, the show must go on.

Besides, was that a random cameo from Plum out of all characters that I spotted? That is pure awesome right there. XD

Thus it shall.

And yes, Little Miss Plum indeed made an appearance, although she shall be acquitted after thy upcoming post. xO

I just like her too much to leave her alone. x3

I'll be gone for one week sometime in August. I guess summer actually isn't the best times to have RPs.

Summers for me are actually the best time for RPs, but I guess that doesn't really matter...at all. xP

And now so many people are going on holidays. :< Oh well, laying down the ground work for character interaction and plot vices should keep those still here busy I suppose. Shall be fun. <3

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • I'll be gone for one week sometime in August. I guess summer actually isn't the best times to have RPs.

Meh, it's not really a summer thing. In my experience, there is virtually no handy time or season for gathering nine people in the same place to do the same thing unless you're paying/coercing them to. That's just part of how the world works. xD What matters is that we always have at least a few people around to keep the plot going.

Speaking of which...the first round of the tourney. So yeah, I've pretty much laid out the basics IC, but to clarify: the challenges bit is freeform and there for your personal amusement, though there would probably be a supervisor for each challenge point, with the challenge being something like clearing a battle or possibly solving a puzzle or - heck - even riddle of some sort. Just don't make it anything completely silly and you should be fine on that count. ^^ The rest...well, it's basically overcoming the terrain (either cliffside or cavern; your choice) and making your way to the aforementioned area. Just as a heads up, though: I don't want anyone actually completing their second round registration before I get back, because there's a little plot thing that I plan to do with that. Just have your characters arrive at the pokémon center and finish your post outside of it or with the character just entering, thank you. Laure is not really interacting with anyone, so just ignore his existence during my absence.

Anyhow...this is probably my last message to you guys before going, so...please keep this alive for me? :3

Oh, and don't make anything blow up, of course, not in a cataclysmic way, anyhow.

...and you may have to bear with the yogurt thing for a while longer. Sorry, it's just one of those random things that seem to be stuck in my head right now. XD

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Oh my~ almost ten days since the last IC post and a little more than a fortnight for OOC chit chat? owo

Well, since my holidays are over, I thought a giant kick in the pants post was well overdue. On with the show I say! @w@

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • I'm trying, I'm trying! *Flail* It's just that the database keeps giving me the cold shoulder. >0<

There's a new IC from me in there now, though; so go forth and post. A special NPC will also be added for the entertainment of the cliff-path peoples, so stay tuned. :3

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Sorry I have not posted in the RP for awhile. Hopefully I will have a post up tomorrow . . . or the day after. ^-^;;

By the way, is more than one person allowed to go through the same trial? And should we run our own, or should we indicate that we are starting a trial and let you continue from there? Or none of the above . . .

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Technically, yes, any number of people can go through the same tests, routes etc., but only one person can take each challenge at a time. As for the whole test/trial/whatever execution...that's up to you. If you want me to, I can make something up, but I have enough trust in your writing skills to let you decide on your own. As long as it isn't something completely crack-headed (Like, you know, 'go capture that baby Lugia over there!') it's fine by me. :3

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    *sheepish uncontrollable laughter*

Aha ha ha ha... I completely forgot that there were those little nuggets of fun known as "challenge points", which I guess explains why I was dizzying myself over Ibuberu's post. xP

But don't fret, I get it now. 8D hopefully I'll be able to add in one of these twists next post, which will invariably be full of nonsensical nonsense and fun.

Oh and levitating isn't considered flying right? owo I mean, it's pretty much exactly the same as the average person's walking abilities, except even slower and more painful for the pokemon (in Kaoru's case anyway xP). But, if the little girl should face disqualification over such a breach, I shall edit thy post accordingly, that or she could become the best spectator ever. 83

Oh and just a note, I used Kogenta's character as inspiration in my previous post, although seeing as how I wrote Kaoru seeing a trainer and their Arcanine already on the mountain in this post, that'd be considered a no-no with the whole power-playing thing, so I'd just like to say the person Kaoru saw this time was another trainer. Unless of course Kogenta's okay with it...

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Heh, seems like the RPer is channeling the character here, eh? xD

Anyhow, I don't really view levitation as being against the rules, no. I mean, it's not like she's gaining any significant advantage in travel accommodations and she's still floating very close to the ground, so...yeah, works for me. :3

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Oh and just a note, I used Kogenta's character as inspiration in my previous post, although seeing as how I wrote Kaoru seeing a trainer and their Arcanine already on the mountain in this post, that'd be considered a no-no with the whole power-playing thing, so I'd just like to say the person Kaoru saw this time was another trainer. Unless of course Kogenta's okay with it...

I do not mind. I already indicated which path Roz would be taking, and she would have made some progress over time.

By the way, Alter Ego, how long have you been a moderator? I just noticed it today . . . In any case, congratulations. ^-^;;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • I do not mind. I already indicated which path Roz would be taking, and she would have made some progress over time.

By the way, Alter Ego, how long have you been a moderator? I just noticed it today . . . In any case, congratulations. ^-^;;

Heh, I was only modded a few days ago. Sunday morning, unless memory deceives me. Anyhow, thank you very much. :3

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • How do we determine who reached the town first? Is there like a certain number of posts required?

By the way, my first post in a while is under construction. I don't know if it is any good or not but it worth the try.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Aaaah....my character is so stuck without Thesis. xP Oh well, I'll just play around with Iris a little while I wait. Yay NPCs.

As for the whole determining thing...that's actually kind of beside the point since it's only the time on the character's registration form for the second round that counts, and I...actually have a little surprise in store for before those will get filled in. >D

When determining this sort of thing in general, though, it is post quality rather than quantity that determines the outcome. You can make it as few or many posts as you like, but by the time Laure drags his sorry buttocks over to that pokémon center I'd like the rest of the competitors to be there as well, for plot reasons. :3

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Iris is so cute <3

Anyway, I just wanted a confirmation - the pokedex works on voice commands, yah? So I believe Adel wouldn't need to select any options or press any buttons in order to finalise her choice of prize :3 And will Iris still be around the area? She did say that she would play with Adel sometime xD;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Yes, I imagine that it would. The options would be displayed in writing, but given all the other crazy things that those thingamajiggers are supposedly capable of, I see no reason why they wouldn't react to voice. :3

And thanks. I have this weak for the weird little girl characters so I'm glad that another person is enjoying her too. <3 Iris will definitely stick around the area, yeah, as she likes to mess with the competitors. I'm still leaving it up in the air whether she'll play something on adel in this round or a later one, or both, but it will definitely happen at some point. ;D

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    *not wanting this OOC to be like those that are only posted in when something pivotal occurs*

As I was reading the latest post, I envisioned everything that was happening, up to little Iris disappearing around the bend and I just have to say, she really scares me. >n<

It could just be that it's late and because I've been awake for almost 20 hours but the whole mood of Adel's challenge scares the bricks out of me. So uh...good job? xD

On a selfish note, I've finally gotten Kao's challenge worked out, which will be super fantastically inconceivably improbable. Shall post up tomorrow, hopefully.

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT!!!!! -sobs uncontrollably with tears streaming down my face-

So I REALLY REALLY think that Alter Ego, because a love you and your super amazing awesomeness, should help me to figure out what to do for a challenge. All I need is an idea and I can take it from there - I'd attempt my own right now, but I went to bed at 12 and tossed and turned till I finally awoke at 5 AM.

Kthanks? MWAH! <3

EDIT: Oh wow..its really been over a week since I last posted?! That's like...crazy - I really didn't even think it'd been that long. I should really learn to keep track of time.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • D'aww...there, there. *Pets Chabz* We'll figure something out. D:

Just to, y'know, help me help you here, though; could you make a post where your character arrives at a challenge point and does the whole 'check the challenge details' routine, similar to with Ibuberu's post? (Hologram attendant marks the spot :x) I don't care where it is or how it looks, just give me a location and I'll work the rest out. ^.^

And yay, that's one 'scary' and one 'cute' for Iris. That adds up to 'scarycute', which is my favorite adjective EVAR. <3 Honestly, though, a lot of the scary came from the way Yibber wrote her post. :3

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Posted! Let me know what you want me to do next, I wasn't really sure how to incorporate the hologram. Whether or not I was supposed to create the actual character I mean.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back