• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

MisticMaril9806

Avid Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2011
    I gotta say, I thought I'd hate Black and White. My friend showed me some of the sprites, and I honestly almost gagged. But as I played through, the designs started to grow on me. Now I love all of them, but emboar still ticks me off sometimes, not sure why

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I gotta say, I thought I'd hate Black and White. My friend showed me some of the sprites, and I honestly almost gagged. But as I played through, the designs started to grow on me. Now I love all of them, but emboar still ticks me off sometimes, not sure why
    Probably because you'd never expect a little pig to evolve into such a wrestler. :B

But I agree though, most designs for the Pokémon get the harshest criticism in the beginning, but once you start seeing them around more often you get used to their cons as well as pros I suppose.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think I love Emboar's design cause people hate it. :( I mean I mainly find the design "awesome" cause it's unexpected? idk. I dislike Pignite though, it just looks strange imo. But I guess that's all they could've done, cause they couldn't have made it skinnier tbh.

And no Gothitelle.. ;__;

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    I think Audino is a really weird looking Pokemon. Some were kind of overdone but others look nice.

Cid

Years
    I agree on how the designs look ugly at first and fitting after awhile. I'd say that my opinion towards Drilbur went from being a bad looking pre evo of Excadrill into an adorable clown. :3

Speaking of clowns, I'm starting to like Conkeldurr's line after looking at the DW art. :P

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I agree on how the designs look ugly at first and fitting after awhile. I'd say that my opinion towards Drilbur went from being a bad looking pre evo of Excadrill into an adorable clown. :3

Speaking of clowns, I'm starting to like Conkeldurr's line after looking at the DW art. :P
    Timburr was the best of the line with Conkeldurr being the worse. It just looks weird. I LOVE Elgyem. Especially the name pun but I really, really dislike it's evolution. I dislike Fraxure but I do like Axew & Haxorus [sp?]

Switch it up, I really don't like the designs of some of the previous gen pokemon. Namely Hoenn Pokemon. Especially Shroomish - yuck!

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Patrat's face just gives me a crazy urge to just kick him in the face I mean who looks at that retard and says " i want to train that"
    Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I grew to like it in the end, but my initial dislike was the constant moving battle sprites. I thought it made the graphics look messy, I like things clean-cut.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    The only Pokémon that tended to show up in many parts within the games made, that I actually really liked, was Zigzagoon/Linoone for R/S/E. Otherwise, Patrat doesn't really change that for me. Though it's alright, its design isn't that bad to be honest.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Timburr & conkeldurr doesn't look that bad, but gurdurr looks like a construction worker disguised as a clown, for real >.>

Patrat's face just gives me a crazy urge to just kick him in the face I mean who looks at that retard and says " i want to train that"
    Watchog is even worse imo. Team plasma is crazy :shocked:

(I know, poor MS paint work :P)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pfft, poor Patrat. I mean I dislike Watchog more, but Patrat is just annoying, that's all! It's kinda cute in its own way and better than Bidoof. It's like hating Rattata--oh wait, most people actually do. :(

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016

How can people denyy this fase?????

Spoiler:

D:

I think Hydreigon has a pretty cool design, and a decent name at that as well. The only thing that irks me about it is the Dream World art given. Other than that, I like it.

DemonBlood93

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I must say I have no problems with the Gen V designs, they are all really great in my opinion the names are fine too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2011
    The only generations I've really liked are I, II, and V.

I do really like the new designs, the names drive me crazy sometimes, though.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    Like:
    Elgyem and Beheeyem
    The Sandile evolution chain
    Cofagrigus
    Excadrill
    Eelektross
    Emboar
    Reuniclus
    Braviary

Dislike:
    Emolga (Do we REALLY need another gimmicky electric rodent)
    Gothitelle (I hate gothic lolita)
    Elemental Monkeys (look like really REALLY bad fakemon)
    Victini (overrated pokemon with an overrated design)

Back