• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I like emolga because its so cute and i like
    blitzle(I think that's its name) because zebras are my fav animal.
    And I love any electric pokemon as long as it doesn't look like half of it was flattened with a hammer(namely stunfisk)

Does anyone else find this strange looking?
    Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon
    Yeah...Shelmet/Chobomaki looks like it's about to kiss someone.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Excadrill, I absolutely love Excadrill. I imagine it will be the equivalent to my Rhydon from Generation I games, although it seems like the common opinion of Excadrill is positive. Along with Excadrill, Zoroark is one of my favorites of Generation V. Archeops and Zebstrika (appearance-wise for Zebstrika, not so fond of the stats outside of speed) are another two of my favorites.

I didn't like Chandelure at first, but it has grown to be one of my favorites (especially with Shadow Tag, talk about a beast.) And lastly Tirtouga and Carracosta, I love both of them. I would have loved to see a middle-evolution in its evolution chain and see it as the water starter instead of the Oshawott evolution chain. In fact, none of the starters are that great this time around if you ask me.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I guess so it's just I'm tired of monkey business. Ugh, I've been around my brother to long; I'm starting to use puns.
    Also I know its not practical but could they add an electric type as a starter for once? It's my favorite type.
    The did but that was a one time thing back in Gen I with Pikachu in Yellow...
    I like Extradrill too, it's quite a powerhouse to fear with it's special ability and stats :)

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Again with this? How can people not see that Stunfisk is a flounder? I mean, really, look at this:

I can't be the only one who knows what a flounder is.

Anyways, I have quite a few favorites with this generation (bolded = possible team members): Victini, Oshawott - Dewott - Samurott, Drilbur - Excadrill, Scolipede, Sandile - Krookodile, Sigilyph, Archen - Archeops, Karrablast - Escaliver, Joltic - Galvantula, Tynamos - Eelektross, Litwick - Chandelure, Stunfisk, Mienfoo - Mienshao, Deino - Hydreigon

Yeah, that's a long list. As for dislikes, there are only a few: Tympole and its evos (ugly wart things, plus Tympole's CREEPY HUMAN-FACE-LIKE-THING), Timburr-Conkeldurr (just plain ugly, look at that face and tell me that it's cool looking; it's name matches what I'd expect it to be saying. DURRRRRRR), almost anything with the ability Sturdy after its change (no OHKOs is unfair, I mean seriously), and Druddigon (needs to go back to Digimon, where it belongs).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Again with this? How can people not see that Stunfisk is a flounder? I mean, really, look at this:

I can't be the only one who knows what a flounder is.
    You're not alone here. Stunfisk/Maggyo is based on a flounder with characteristics of electric rays or a stargazer. It should've been Water/Ground instead of Electric/Ground; if it's found on water, why is it weak to Water attacks?

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I agree with Forever Tepig is a Cute little pig...even cuter than Spoink :3
    I will kill you.
    I don't like Tepig at all. Its diaper thingy makes me mad every time i see it. >_<
    Actually, the starters and frogs are actually the only evolution families in Gen. V i really don't like...

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • i like over 80 % of'm....i think......

i absolutley love
    i just love him for some reason....he looks cool....
    he is the best of the trio......... looks serious and strong...
    looks like a classic and his ability is awesome !!!
    looks cool.......
    who wouldn't like a super digger..looks cool too.........
    nice biseps man !!!!
    i don't know why i love this one so much......
    mean little fighter............
    can be anyone.............
    looks cool....
    this is my favorite cause he is so AWESOME !!!!!!
    who doesn't like him.......and i don't know why people think that he has 3 heads.thos two r his arms....isn't it striking that he doesn't have arms....they r smaller than the big one...........so they r definately his hands.......

i also love all legendaries but the ones mensioned down there.........
    and i hate these
    these two look like bruce lee...and they in no way look like pokemon.......

looks like a goat and not a legendary.....
    looks like a person.and is in no way resembling to a pokemon.......

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I've never been one to fiend for stats. In fact I usually catch Pokemon based on their looks and keep them depending on their movesets. That said these are the best

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm not too fond of Stunfisk's design, and I don't see why it's a fish yet, it's not water.
    It's probably a Ground/Electric type because of what it's based on. Like I said, Stunfisk is based off of flounders, but, as mentioned by PlatinumDude, it's also based off of stargazers. That's the Electric type part. (Excerpt from Wikipedia page - "Stargazers...can also cause electric shocks") As for the Ground type, flounders AND stargazers spend most of their time on the sea floor, covering themselves up in the ground and waiting for their prey to approach. Expanding upon that, Stunfisk also known as the Trap Pokémon: that being a reference to how many are injured by stepping on a stingray on a beach. It all adds up quite nicely, albeit a little obscure.

Though if they could have, they probably would've made it Electric/Ground/Water type. They just didn't want to break that "two types max" rule, most likely. It would've made everything so much more confusing.

theowlmanlives

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Lol my pokemon black/white team(havent decided which) is going to be half electric types and half dark. There my two favorite types and even though its not smart I SHALL OVER COME ANY CHALLENGE! Is there a pokemon, any pokemon at all that has electric and dark types?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Gigalith reminds me of Chromastone from Ben 10, and to a lesser extent, Heatran. It's also the Unova counterpart of Golem.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Gigalith reminds me of Chromastone from Ben 10, and to a lesser extent, Heatran. It's also the Unova counterpart of Golem.

Heatran... it either was that Pokemon or another Unova Pokemon it looked like, I think someone mentioned earlier. Or maybe it was you. Idk. XD Gigalith is better than the middle stage evo though :(

I should've included Heatmor as the ugliest but nobody complained about it ;___; /was just reminded of it by thinking of Heatran

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • View attachment 58880View attachment 58881View attachment 58882View attachment 58883View attachment 58884

These are my favorite Pokemon from this generation, but I find these look more like Digimons or something than Pokemon's comparing them to the previous generations.

i like'm too, except the last one.....i don't get what makes him look gd or even close to his prior evo's...even though i like all starters a lot...they would look a lot better this way: https://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/212/4/5/Fake_Evolutions___Wallpaper___by_Dragara.jpg

P.S not my art......just saying so people don't say i stole them.....

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

i like'm too, except the last one.....i don't get what makes him look gd or even close to his prior evo's...even though i like all starters a lot...they would look a lot better this way: https://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/212/4/5/Fake_Evolutions___Wallpaper___by_Dragara.jpg

P.S not my art......just saying so people don't say i stole them.....

...yeah Emboar would've only looked better that way (it's what most of the fans were assuming). Samurott and Serperior look un-natural and don't really match Snivy/Oshawott, whereas Emboar actually looks somewhat natural, without the extra "add-ons", like what Samurott has with the jewels on its body.

Back