• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    I like all of them except excadrill and the only reason for that is its a damn mole that people rant about saying that their team isnt complete without it and personally I couldnt stomach the thought of putting that damn mole in my pc let alone in my party.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    They are too complicated. It looks like they are trying to put far too much detail into the new Pokemon. Just look at Voltorb... It's a Poke ball with eyes.

nekohime

Neko of the Jotho
    Years
    • Age 29
    • WI
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I dont like the 2 trubbish and garbodor... other then those two I like the new pokemon (: Liepard is my favorite! <3

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    The new generation of Pokemon actually disappointed me a lot. I felt like they were trying to make pokemon more realistic than they ought to be. And pokemon like Garbodor, trubbish, and vanillux are all practically jokes.

Years
    I like all of them except excadrill and the only reason for that is its a damn mole that people rant about saying that their team isnt complete without it and personally I couldnt stomach the thought of putting that damn mole in my pc let alone in my party.

But Excadrill is awesome...

I really, really hate Garbodor. I have a male Garbodor in Black, but his main purpose was to fill the Pokedex.

Trubbish is cute though, but Garbodor is well ewwww.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I really like the new unova pokemon, took a while to get used to them but now Unova is my second favourite gen, after gen 3. There are alwasy a few dislikes thoguh, gen v is no exception.

I dislike
    Watchog, Sigilyph, the three genies and of course Stunfisk. But I love all the others (yes including Garbodor)

BaileyPlaysPokemon

YouTube Vid maker, Gen I lover
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    As a Gen I fan, I typically am quick to criticize any newly created pokemon. That's one of the reasons why Gen IV (D+P, not HG+SS) was my LEAST favorite. Too much complication and silliness for me.

However, I was pleasantly surprised with the new pokemon in this generation. Overall, i just thought this generation had a better feel to it then gen IV and possibly even gen III. It didn't quite hit the standards of Gen II (my second favorite Gen) but it was an improvement.

Specifics:

I felt like Oshawott for sure gave me the "oshawhat?" reaction that was commonly spread among fans, but I won't like in saying that's partially the reason I picked him. And when he evolves into Samurott, I would argue he is the best starter. I mean, who doesn't want a giant samurai/unicorn thingy fighting for them?!

Vanillux. Ugh. NOT a fan. I don't think I need to much detail.

Scraggy. Again, wasn't a fan.

Snivy was a pretty cool concept, and I feel the style an obnoxiously fast starter was an interesting, new way to start the traditional battle to the elite four. Personally, I wouldn't build a team around him, but when I was strictly playing the campaign for fun I got one from the GTS that proved to be quite useful.

Other concepts:

Two "rivals." Rivals have been ruined ever since they decided to make "rivals" your friends. But I felt like these rivals were the worst ones yet.

Pokemon moving while battling was a welcome (but probably much overdue) addition to the game.

There were some really cool cities due to graphical enhancements.

Pokemon GL= cool idea.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    When I saw a steel electric pokemon in style of a gear, that has similar line to magnimite, and it's japanese name was Gear, I died a bit inside.
    Everything else is really good I think. Some are a bit silly, and of course, nothing competes with the original 151, but I think they are nice.
    Except emolga...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I got one word for you. garbodor. Seriously? A garbage?

It's not that bad! Many have said it makes sense with the whole "based on America" thing :x

When I saw a steel electric pokemon in style of a gear, that has similar line to magnimite, and it's japanese name was Gear, I died a bit inside.
    Everything else is really good I think. Some are a bit silly, and of course, nothing competes with the original 151, but I think they are nice.
    Except emolga...

Gear--I mean Klink isn't electric though, so it isn't entirely the same. :)

Also, competitively, Haxorus, Virizion and Terrakion were some of the best offensive Pokemon the games brought about. In both design and power, these three pretty much are amazing. Out of them though, Terrakion was really the surprise. I always liked its design, but I didn't expect it to be great in battling. Oh and Virizion, from originally hating its design, to loving it. The fact that it can be played specially and physically is amazing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I still hate Thoh and Sawk with a passion. So very stupid, in pretty much every way.

Nono, Sawk and Throh can be great in their own way! Admittedly not as great as Scrafty, or the Hitmons, they're still pretty strong to face in-game if you're unprepared. :x Design wise they kinda suck, lol.

Years

Nono, Sawk and Throh can be great in their own way! Admittedly not as great as Scrafty, or the Hitmons, they're still pretty strong to face in-game if you're unprepared. :x Design wise they kinda suck, lol.

The design is what kills them for me. :/

In other news, this one, however is great.

Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    The majority of the B/W pokemon are the ones I like, even though at first it didn't really attracted me, but as I play and start my journey, my opinions definitely changed.

The only one I really don't like is Garbador; it's pre-evolved form looks much better visually.

Volcarona looks somewhat awkward visually, but it isn't that bad and it's an excellent addition to my team. :'3

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
    I used to dislike most of them, but some of them have grown on me. There are still a lot that I don't like, but the number has decreased since I started playing.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think Braviary has a very cool design, I love how american it is, the Bald Eagle and colour scheme really shows it.

At first I didn't quite like Tympole, put I think it's grown on me, the derpy face is adorable.

Foogus' designs seem a little meh, I like the fact that it does show some more basis onto the poké ball design but yeah, still meh.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years

The design is what kills them for me. :/

In other news, this one, however is great.

Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Throh and Sawk are the greatest. Pefect follow-ups to the awesomeness that was Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. They mirror each other with different fighting styles. That, and the fact that they make their outfits out of trees and vines and reeds, is just too awesome to not like.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    At first I didn't quite like Tympole, put I think it's grown on me, the derpy face is adorable.

I still kinda laugh when facing both it and Stunfisk because of how they look. Tympole just sounds so exotic when it first enters a battle, idk, you know the sound right? Yeaaah it sounds amusing. XD Just add that with the design and you've got something really hilarious.

Back