• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Liking all new everything?

Cobalt'Scizor

Wannabe Spriter/ROM Hacker
Years
  • Black and White have had massive brand new changes, and one of them is that in the pre-National dex, there all ALL new Pokemon. Do you think that it's good? I like the fact we won't be seeing 'A wild Zubat appeared' or 'A wild Tentacool appeared' but cool Pokemon like Eevee are gone D: I think it'll be made up for if Gen 5 has the awesome-est Pokemon yet.

What do you think?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Black and White have had massive brand new changes, and one of them is that in the pre-National dex, there all ALL new Pokemon. Do you think that it's good? I like the fact we won't be seeing 'A wild Zubat appeared' or 'A wild Tentacool appeared' but cool Pokemon like Eevee are gone D: I think it'll be made up for if Gen 5 has the awesome-est Pokemon yet.

What do you think?

I think its pretty awesome. It is a great way to rebirth the series.

Years
  • Happy

I'm happy that the older Pokemon will be gone for the main storyline. However, I am happy that I will be able the bring my old Pokemon back via Pokeshifter. This way, I can still have my old Pokemon, but cathc and train various new ones

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I think its pretty cool,but I am sad that Pikachu,Ampharos and all of my other favorite Pokemon will not be in there,but hey,Its a good way for a fresh new start.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I think it'll be a great way to keep the games fresh- without any Pikachu, Geodude, or Zubat keeping us down (I should mention I still like them anyway), it'll definitely feel like an entirely new region. I'm worried that people will complain about this like they did with Hoenn, but the National Dex opening up the option for older guys will likely cut the odds of that.

But yeah, it definitely seems faraway if nothing familiar is there. I embrace the change.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Yeah its going to be pretty sick, except we gotta wait for the english version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I think it's a great idea. Refreshes the series a great deal.

I hope we get a lot of new Pokemon into the deal, though.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Ummm...has it been confirmed that there are no previous Pokemon, or is everyone jumping to conclusions?

If there isn't any prior Pokemon in the pre-national Dex, then that will be awesome!

Years
  • Why is it that when Hoenn removed tons of old favorites and tried to revolutionize the franchise it was ridiculed, but when Isshu does it it's praised?

I hope this isn't true. It'd be more realistic if they had at least a few Pokemon in common.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    I think the 5th gen looks pretty cool so far , except for that lame red and blue rock thing.

G3RM

Trainer
    Years
  • Ummm...has it been confirmed that there are no previous Pokemon, or is everyone jumping to conclusions?

If there isn't any prior Pokemon in the pre-national Dex, then that will be awesome!

Ya, said so in the Gamefreak director's blog

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I Dont know... I like the idea of all new pokemon, but like he said... pokemon Like Eevee and abra, are gone plus machop and magnemite D;

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    I Dont know... I like the idea of all new pokemon, but like he said... pokemon Like Eevee and abra, are gone plus machop and magnemite D;
    ...No. You'll be able to have them after the National Dex. It's not like they won't be in the game at all.

With Eevee, it's even possible to get new evolutions. Look at how they did Electivire and so many others in DP.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm pretty much open to the idea of being able to find only the Gen V Pokémon in this game before the National Dex. Throughout the years I've always relied on a few old favorites to be apart of my team. However, Black and White will give me the opportunity to explore the new Pokémon of Isshu and not have to depend on the older Pokémon I used to rely on at first. I never played Red and Blue first like many Pokémon fans did, but I'm sure the experience of playing Black and White will feel similar. A new region, resetting the route number, and then having to use the new Pokémon altogether will give it that feel that it is something new. It is a reboot to Pokémon and I think they're going in the right direction here. Plus, it isn't like you won't have the chance to use your older Pokémon after. Actually, if they're so determined to start new and make the game bigger and better, there just might be hope that post-game there will be more to offer. Thus, giving purpose to have your older Pokémon afterward.

Hating on the idea though is only wasting your time. You're either open to the idea, dislike the idea yet are willing to give it a try, or you just leave it alone and skip this generation. Considering its been said by the director of GameFreak, people will just have to deal. If you're a die hard gamer though, you'll learn to live with using what you're given like a majority of us did back when Pokémon first came out with Red and Blue and we only had 150 Pokémon to choose from.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • This is stupid, I dont want to use these crappy pokemon,
    Dude! Give it a rest if you dont like anything. then dont buy the game. We don't wanna hear you complaining on every single thread. you got your word out dude. Leettt.. me guess you hate Gen 5. WOW. How did i guess that. that is simply incredible.

Back