• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Limit the Pokémon that can be displayed in National Pokedex

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2018
    Hello guys. Expansion of dex is a very good hack that can be implemented in the game. Also, there are other hacks like Mega Evolution that force us to use the TEMP slots in our expanded dex to have other Pokémon's forms. So my question is, "how to limit the number of Pokémon that can be accessed in National Dex. Let's say I expanded the dex into 1000 and 800 is the only number of slot I need to have in my dex, how would I make the extra 200 to not to be displayed on the dex when not seen or encountered?

CaptainDumbChester

The Dumbest Person ever.
    Years
    Hello guys. Expansion of dex is a very good hack that can be implemented in the game. Also, there are other hacks like Mega Evolution that force us to use the TEMP slots in our expanded dex to have other Pokémon's forms. So my question is, "how to limit the number of Pokémon that can be accessed in National Dex. Let's say I expanded the dex into 1000 and 800 is the only number of slot I need to have in my dex, how would I make the extra 200 to not to be displayed on the dex when not seen or encountered?

Hm, you can do this easily in PGE's Dex editor and also you can specify the number of Dex Entries apart from Pokemon Count in Egg's Battle engine.
    What ROM are you hacking?
    and also (kamusta lance? *laughs).

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2018
    Hm, you can do this easily in PGE's Dex editor and also you can specify the number of Dex Entries apart from Pokemon Count in Egg's Battle engine.
    What ROM are you hacking?
    and also (kamusta lance? *laughs).

Kamusta dude HAHAHAH
    anyway, I'm not using PGE so I was hoping for a hex edit for that

Back